Newbie here from Bangalore

adroit_91

Hi all,

I am Anup from Bangalore. I design chips for gadgets for a living, but live for gadgets! :)

I've been a sucker for better sound for a long time, but only now taking the plunge into the superior video category (don't watch much TV but thinking of getting a Plasma/LCD for my weekly dose of "The Big Bang Theory", and some good football action along with the occasional movie. Also, need to get a budget 5.1 setup (Altec Lansing? JBL? Logitech? Confused!!)

I used to scour "foreign" websites for ideas earlier when I was only looking for headphones, etc, but with bulkier purchases coming up, I was forced to look for purchasing within India, and guess what! HiFiVision seems to be the only place to look for what is available in India, and where, and for how much! Apart, of course, from ideas on what matches our unique HD DTH providers with their full bouquets of "poore 5 HD channels"!!

Will keep bugging you guys for suggestions, and will try to provide inputs to other folks whenever I think I have a point of view.

Cheers,
Anup

Welcome anup.

Do post your specific requirements and budget. The community here is fantastic and you will get the best unbiased responses.

Welcome Anup

I suggest building the HT setup step by step, instead of buying everything now with the budget you have.

Thanks a lot guys! Of course, I will be posting my requirements here with all the specifics that I can mention! :)

Right now, just looking at a 2.1/5.1 setup to pair with my Macbook Pro to start with. Just got married, so listening to the gorgeous sounding AKGs isn't polite anymore! :(

I think I'll start a thread for this! Since this is an intro page.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back