Newbie:need advice for custom made entry level HTS

aksar

Hi Guys,

I need your advice very badly. First of all I am not in hurry to make my HTS.

i am doing research now on HTS like which one to choose, so going through all the AV forums.

I am looking for 5.0 or 5.1 HTS, Tower Speaker is must. budget around 35K

i have read lots of positive about Jamo S426 and 428, Polk Audio (dont have 5.0, need to buy separate center and bookshelf), TAGA Harmony

Pls suggest some speaker package which are in my budget.

now comes to AVR

currently I am in Hong Kong so I have taken rates from here and seems like its cheaper here( some of you will be shock). below are the rates.

these are also not final rates can be lower around 1-2k (will buy in sale )

Denon AVR x520BT--- 19300rs
DENON X1200---------27500
Denon X2200X------- 44000

Yamaha RX477B-------31800
Yamaha RX379--------25000
Yamaha RX479--------31800
Yamaha RX579--------28500

Marantz NR1606N1B--- 48000
Marantz UD5007------ 36000

Onkyo TX-NR545------28500
Onkyo TX-NR646------38500
Onkyo TX-SR333------22000
Onkyo TX-RZ800------56000
Pioneer VSX-930-K---- 42000

as i am going for Entry level HTS so i dont need HIFI AVR , just a middle level
my 80% usage is Movie and 20% music/TV Shows
I have PS4 so will use for Games also.

i am not sure which AVR i should buy, i will buy as per your suggestion.

Speaker I am not sure like should I buy the tower first and then gradually increase the speaker or just buy 5.0

Speaker budget is 35K +-5k
AVR Around 30K

Pls guide me which one i should buy.

Thanks for your Guidance.

Yamaha RX579 for 28500K is a killer deal. It has good power as well to drive almost all decent Floor standers. Go for it.
Regarding speakers as you are mainly into movies, buy a FS for fronts as of now and gradually you can gathers other speakers to complete your 5.1 set up. The advantage with FS is you will get enough bass to enjoy the movies there by saving on sub woofer in the initial stage. Also for FS we dont need a separate stand/furniture to hold them.

Last edited:
OK, I have checked it's a 7.1 , any other brand mentioned above? Btw how much rx579 in India?

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

Btw how much rx579 in India?

Should cost you above 50K if you buy in india.
Denon and Pioneer models are also good. Marantz is good for music lovers. Dont go for base models of AVRs, may lack enough power to driver speakers especially floor standers.

So medium AVR is good , I need for movies and shows . So Yamaha or Onkyo will be good , as far as I understood from the other forums .

Rx 677 quoted around 34k it's also good succeeder of 579 so which one is good 77 series or 79 series in Yamaha ?

How about speakers?

Sorry no 677 , 679 cost around 42k out of my budget , but if I get 679 in 34k it's bargain? Should I buy ? Or should spare money to get good soeakers

Yeah... but I can buy higher speaker and buy medium AVR

looking for more advice on speakers

Hi, I haven't heard the Jamo on extensive auditioning but most Tower Speakers in your budget will not give you the 'tower' sound you seek.

Good FS start at 30k for a pair. Anything less and it's better to go for Bookshelves on custom stands.

Do which one I should go ? Seems like first buy FS and gradually make 5.1,. So which tower speaker go well with Yamaha or Onkyo ?

Hi Aksar,

The key is to audition and decide.....check out available models and brands which meet your budget and also check those ones out where you would need to stretch a bit more in terms of budget, evaluate and finalise....

Trust your ears as you are the end user who will be using them than any of us.....see what appeals to you in performance, appearance and requirement ....

All the best....audition with your music...

Thanks efernand1 , I will surely do the audition but I am not a audiophile , all the bigger speaker sounds good to me. But I will go to audition .

Can suggest some place in Delhi NCR ?

I have heard Indian brand sonofynr is quite good

You don't need a fs for HT. The most important speakers for any HT are-
Center channel
Subwoofer

For movies, cheaper L-R and Surrounds will work. However, it is advised that the LCR should belong to same brand and product series.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

BA - A25 Boomshelf is good for surround sound? I am getting it in 10k , I have couple of more option in Chinese brand which are also good and price are less than 10k , I have checked the specification and it's better than other branded bookshelf , I will buy in China so quality will be good as these are for China local market .
What do you say guys ?

I am thinking to buy FS first as most of the person recommending the same , nobody is encouraging me to buy JAMO (which are in my budget 5.0). How about Polk audio TSX 440T it's good or look some other ?

BA - A25 Boomshelf is good for surround sound? I am getting it in 10k , I have couple of more option in Chinese brand which are also good and price are less than 10k , I have checked the specification and it's better than other branded bookshelf , I will buy in China so quality will be good as these are for China local market .
What do you say guys ?

I am thinking to buy FS first as most of the person recommending the same , nobody is encouraging me to buy JAMO (which are in my budget 5.0). How about Polk audio TSX 440T it's good or look some other ?

Ba 25 @10k is a very good deal IMHO. Go for it.
Personally I don't think that FS are absolutely necessary. Good BS are always better than crappy FS.

I will send couple of link from Chinese website there u can see some Chinese brand also. Even though you will not understand as it's in Chinese but specification you can see , then you can tell me that BA or Chinese brand

I will send couple of link from Chinese website there u can see some Chinese brand also. Even though you will not understand as it's in Chinese but specification you can see , then you can tell me that BA or Chinese brand

Even if I read the specs, it's hard to tell how do they sound. If I were you, I'd have gone for BAs only.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back