Newbie Q: Denon 1610 or 1910 or 2310?

ngd

I see that the o/p power per channel is higher. Other than volume does it mean 'clearer' sound? I have a 18x14 room and I plan to buy speakers that have 100 w/channel amp recommendation. If anyone can throw some light that would be great.

BTW, what does the "CI" (Custom Installation) mean to the end user? I see that they have some equivalent models like 790 for 1910.

I see that the o/p power per channel is higher. Other than volume does it mean 'clearer' sound? I have a 18x14 room and I plan to buy speakers that have 100 w/channel amp recommendation. If anyone can throw some light that would be great.

The 1910 and 2310 have progressively more power and better circuits for video and audio processing. The 2310 will certainly sound better than the 1610 and 1910, and the 1910 will certainly sound better than the 1610. If I am not wrong, the 1610 is a 5.1 system, while the 1910 and 2310 are both 7.1 systems.

Since you are looking at '100 watt' speakers, the 2310 may be the best choice in terms of power handling capabilities.

I am not too sure, but the CI may be for the US market only, and may not be sold in retail.

Cheers

When I was out shopping few months back, I had 1910 in my mind. But when I heard 2310 and 1910 side by side, I felt the sound quality in 2310 much better than 1910.

I think its NOT just the power rating that is different. Even I have looked into some other forums where people had the same opinion.

I also feel the speakers also matter. When I paired Polk LSI 300/400 with Denon 2310, it wasnt that great compared to Kef iQ 50/7/70.

2310 also have some more cool features. OSD via HDMI, All channel Pre-Out (can be useful later when you upgrade by getting a dedicated power-amp, Better video upscaler chip than 1910 etc)

I finally settled for 2310 and Kef iQ7 :).

Do you want to se inside of 2310?Powersupply dont look gr8 as earlier Denon models.Only circuit is short pathed.

Denon AVR-2310 AV Receiver Review - Home Cinema Reviews - TrustedReviews

As I said I am a newbie. I don't quite understand much. I understand that there has to be some kind of voltage &frequency stabilizer (or transformer) inside the box. Are you saying its not there? It's supposed to be at least a mid-range receiver. So I presume there is some kind of circuit inside.... Do you have any alternate recommendations to 2310 or 1910?

Thanks.

Yes the sound is better as you move up the line up.

However, do keep in mind that you should be spending more on the speakers than on the receiver (or at least the same amt).

What speakers do you have in mind ? If you clarify that, people here could advise you better.

I was tempted by the 2310, but finally bought the 1910, because I read on many forums that the 2310 only makes sense if you are spending serious money on speakers (say 1 lac plus).

Yes the sound is better as you move up the line up.

However, do keep in mind that you should be spending more on the speakers than on the receiver (or at least the same amt).

What speakers do you have in mind ? If you clarify that, people here could advise you better.

I plan to buy energy take 5 as recommended by many in these forums. It says:

Sensitivity: 89dB
Power Handling: Sat & Center: 100 Watts; Subwoofer: 200 Watts
Recommended Amplifier Power: 20 - 100 Watts RMS (Continuous)

Thanks for your help.

What amp are you going in form? On another note, have you heard the QA-1010i's?

Cheers

I plan to audition them as well as the Take 5s. Problem is there is no place in Pune to do it! I actually plan to buy the 2310 from the US (from Global Ebay)... but am checking with Denon about the warranty. DAKMart is an authorized Denon reseller in the US. Last time I saw on Global Ebay 1910 was available for 30k while 2310 was available for 38k. Both new. Here, I am getting a quote for 45k for 1910 and 62k for 2310. However, I am yet to audition even the Denons. No reply from any music store in Pune. Pune sucks.

When buying from g-ebay or thru any other channel from US, you need to take the risk of not having warranty support in India. If required, you could get it repaired from the dealers nearby, but at a cost only. Bottomline - forget the warranty. You will also need a 220-110v step-down transformer as almost all US models of Yamaha/Denon/Onkyo AVRs don't have voltage switching in-built.

If you are going with the QA or Energy speakers, 1910 might be an appropriate option than 2310, unless you want to upgrade speakers in the near future...

When buying from g-ebay or thru any other channel from US, you need to take the risk of not having warranty support in India. If required, you could get it repaired from the dealers nearby, but at a cost only. Bottomline - forget the warranty. You will also need a 220-110v step-down transformer as almost all US models of Yamaha/Denon/Onkyo AVRs don't have voltage switching in-built.

If you are going with the QA or Energy speakers, 1910 might be an appropriate option than 2310, unless you want to upgrade speakers in the near future...

Thanks for your suggestion regarding the 1910. I will keep that in mind.

Regarding warranty, I have asked Denon whether they will honor warranties if I but from an authorized dealer in the US.

To be quite honest, I am pissed off at the dealers here who all tell me "we don't have it here, so you can't audition them but we can order one for you"... they don't do any value addition and and then they rip you off!:mad:

Here, I am getting a quote for 45k for 1910 and 62k for 2310. However, I am yet to audition even the Denons. No reply from any music store in Pune. Pune sucks.

You should be able to get a 5k discount on the 1910. ie get it at 40K, with warranty, from ProFX. check the ProFX site for distributors in Pune.

Believe the 1910 is better suited to the Energy Take.

As per the ProFX site, these are the authorised ealers in Pune :

M/s. Avxellence
Contact No: 020 2612 7000 / 098509 82064
Dealers in: All Products

M/s. Sound & Vision
Contact No: 020 2635 7647 / 098220 88022
Dealers in: DENON & KEF

M/s. Oceanic Sound & Vision
Contact person: Mr. Mahendra Dave
Contact No: 020 26342658
Email: [email protected]
Dealers in: DENON

I plann on getting a 2310 and run klipsh speakers rf 52b for frnt and rc 52 center rs 42 b for surround they sound great that kick you in the teeth kind of rock have a klipsh rw 12 d for bass . What do you think?? need your input thanks guys

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back