No digital output from Yamaha V457

deep_blues

Hi, I'm not getting any digital sound output from my amplifier RX V457 neither via optical cable nor co-axial. I'm sure the wiring is perfect so its not external.

Any idea what could be wrong & how it can be fixed??
Thanks in advance!!

Your question is not clear. If you want to play audio through the digital inputs then you need to assign them to one of the hdmi or analog video inputs. Then switch to that input for digital input to work.

Your question is not clear. If you want to play audio through the digital inputs then you need to assign them to one of the hdmi or analog video inputs. Then switch to that input for digital input to work.

I did assign the same to the optical but still not getting any output. its an old model Yamaha so there is no hdmi just optical & coaxial.

okay i was not aware of that..to op
then you have to assign the optical/coax with either yellow composite or RGb component....
i mean it shd work play with settings..
surprisimng thing is you have the avr and never used the 6 ch route!!!!
only using rca!!:p
anyway dont worry ur problem will be solved..

Checked the bakside

YAMAHA RX-V457 Photo by clpa2008 | Photobucket

THERE ARE INPUTS and THEREIS NO OUTPUT..
digital INPUTS?
Thesere may not be assigning issue..

so what input you were giving to these

Look to the extreme left of the pic. It says Digital Input:
1. Dvd 2. Smthing & 3. Co-axial

Was taking audio out from the dvd player which is the source & connecting it there....

what is audio out from dvd player......
do you mean red and white out..
it wont work
optical out.coax out from dvd player is to be given as feed.
and in the setting you have to select by remote..

do ur yamaha gives settings display in a tv..or is it only in front panel..in atv its very easy to change setting..i get confused always in front panel..

use the 1 numbered dvd optical in port

Last edited:
what is audio out from dvd player......
do you mean red and white out..
it wont work
optical out.coax out from dvd player is to be given as feed.
and in the setting you have to select by remote..

do ur yamaha gives settings display in a tv..or is it only in front panel..in atv its very easy to change setting..i get confused always in front panel..

use the 1 numbered dvd optical in port

Sry, I wrote that wrong bro. Co-axial out & optical out from the dvd & similar input into the amp...

Thanks a lot for the replies though!!

Look to the extreme left of the pic. It says Digital Input:
1. Dvd 2. Smthing & 3. Co-axial

Was taking audio out from the dvd player which is the source & connecting it there....

of dcourse i aring that .. these are inputs -- what OUTPUT you expect?m refer

Hi, I'm not getting any digital sound output from my amplifier RX V457 neither via optical cable nor co-axial. I'm sure the wiring is perfect so its not external.

Any idea what could be wrong & how it can be fixed??
Thanks in advance!!
Hi @deep_blues
I am having the same problem as yours. No sound from optical input in Rx-V457. I did a reset of the receiver too but no sound. Followed the manual for settings, but still no sound. When I connect RCA cable to L/R, I get the sound but connecting optical cable from TV/ DVD, no sound. While searching for the solution, Google sent me here. Though this is an old thread, I just would like to know if you solved the problem. If yes, how? Thanks.

Hi @deep_blues
I am having the same problem as yours. No sound from optical input in Rx-V457. I did a reset of the receiver too but no sound. Followed the manual for settings, but still no sound. When I connect RCA cable to L/R, I get the sound but connecting optical cable from TV/ DVD, no sound. While searching for the solution, Google sent me here. Though this is an old thread, I just would like to know if you solved the problem. If yes, how? Thanks.
Hi! It was sorted but its a long time back & I don't have that amp anymore. Sorry I can't recollect the solution (it was with the amp setting) but hopefully someone on the forum might be able to help.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back