No online music stores in India?

frnd08

I just casually did some extensive searching last night and found that there are actually no music stores in india from where u can buy english tracks. hindi and regional music is available on a few sites, but english tracks are an absolute no! shocking really.

no wonder this country's survives on piracy as far as music is concerned.

Not only that, most other online stores won't sell to India. Our history with piracy has something do to with this I'm sure.

Not only that, most other online stores won't sell to India. Our history with piracy has something do to with this I'm sure.

dont think so. the US has the loads of piracy maniacs. think complicated laws and red tapism have more to do with it.

+1 to frnd08. You will get almost all the English songs on net that too in FLAC! Indians normally dont upload them. However, you may not find all Hindi songs more so in FLACs.

dont think so. the US has the loads of piracy maniacs. think complicated laws and red tapism have more to do with it.

The ratio of consumers who purchase legal stuff vs pirated is heavily skewed in India. Not so much in the US/Europe. Pricing is, in my opinion, the biggest contributor to this.

Another point to add: how many songs in an album/CD is worth listening for the money you spent? especially with the new generation craps. If I download 100 songs, only 5 -10 will be of my liking (melody and some fast numbers). Others i delete without any feeling. Sometimes I had to delete an entire album. As a result I am not interested in spending my money for CDs. (I had only one genuine CD in my home - that too from 1992:D). If possible I download FLAC or 320 kbps mp3s. This is one reason i like my pc for music listening. I can listen to whatever track i like in any order. Yes, you may call me a music pirate:eek:hyeah:.

I am a Music pirate too, before i used to pirate games also but now since i am earning,i am spending a little on my hobby , i own more than 80 games thanks to Steam which sells old games for less price.

there should be something like that for music too, like the whole discography for the fraction of its prize...:eek:hyeah:

Agree and sympathize with everything being said here.

You know what the worst part is? when one wants to buy music but when one is forced to commit piracy simply because of lack of options.

Another point to add: how many songs in an album/CD is worth listening for the money you spent? especially with the new generation craps. If I download 100 songs, only 5 -10 will be of my liking (melody and some fast numbers). Others i delete without any feeling. Sometimes I had to delete an entire album. As a result I am not interested in spending my money for CDs. (I had only one genuine CD in my home - that too from 1992:D). If possible I download FLAC or 320 kbps mp3s. This is one reason i like my pc for music listening. I can listen to whatever track i like in any order. Yes, you may call me a music pirate:eek:hyeah:.

Very well put!

The ratio of consumers who purchase legal stuff vs pirated is heavily skewed in India. Not so much in the US/Europe. Pricing is, in my opinion, the biggest contributor to this.

That and also the added advantages of having online stores which offer extra features like cloud storage etc. Now that's real value added service. Also the US after all is MPAA, RIA territory. So if one doesn't comply they basically screw up the internet access. Pretty neat way of getting things done.

@amit

Entire albums mate. No option to select tracks.

@denzong

Thanks for the link. Raaga and music world online have some great collections too. But no western music at all.

Last edited:
India is 10000 miles behind in terms of online sales be it music or anything...most online retailers are shady and often create nuisance for the end consumer.......

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back