• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

No sound while playing Divx movies

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers

vadiraj

Hi,

I bought Divx DVD and while playing this DVD there is no sound. I am using Optical cable to connect my DVD player (DivX compatible, Sony NS76H) to my reciever (Yamaha RXV 557). When I play this DVD in my comp, I hear sound.

Can someone guide how can I resolve this problem??

My wild guesses : I may try connecting analog signals from DVD to Receiver (RCA cable, Red, white and Yellow cable)
Since Divx movies are MPEG4 coded, I may not be able to play them with Yamaha RXV 557 at all??

thnx
vadiraj

Kamal

Try the analog connections- I see no reason why it shld not work provided the components/cables are OK.

Jambumali

Try the analog connections- I see no reason why it shld not work provided the components/cables are OK.

You can also try the other digital input - coaxial.

For test purpose you can use one of the RCA's cable. The same color would be connected at both ends (AVR & DVD player).

Any one of these - analog or the coax should make things (or, rather the sounds?!) clear.