Norge 1000 concert gold will my speakers match

changappa

Hi, guys

I am new to this forum belive me after reading all of your reviews I paid for Norge 1000 concert gold and waiting for delivery. My concern now I have Vintage Akai SW-137 mark- II,8 ohms Max power input=40W peak, 3 way big bookshelf speakers with 10" woofers. Will this amp work properly with this setup?
I normally listen to western rock,pop,heavy metal and indian gazals. I expect somthing like in low vol a rich bass low just audible mids and highs. Like in Multiplex theatres before the movie starts some music is played its low in vol but you can feel your seat handle vibrate at bass but mids and highs arel low you can talk with normal tone. Music is felt rather!!

suggestion are welcome

Last edited:
Hi, guys

I am new to this forum belive me after reading all of your reviews I paid for Norge 1000 concert gold and waiting for delivery. My concern now I have Vitage Akai SW-137 II 3 way big bookshelf speakers with 10" woofers. Will this amp work properly with this setup?
I normally listen to western rock,pop,heavy metal and indian gazals. I expect somthing like in low vol a rich bass low just audible mids and highs. Like in Multiplex theatres before the movie starts some music is played its low in vol but you can feel your seat handle vibrate at bass but mids and highs arel low you can talk with normal tone. Music is felt rather!!

suggestion are welcome

hi,
welcome to the forum
since you have already ordered the amp, just relax. play some music through it when it comes.importantly, don't be biased before starting audiotion. use good quality CD player/PC to play music. going by the reputation Norge 1000 has, you are less likely to be disappointed.

but you will be disappointed if you are expecting the theatre like experience. the theatres are acoustically treated, and usually use high end systems. home environment is totally different. the content of music also matters. if you try to replicate that bass heavy , low level mids and high sound (which is actually not like that)using bass treble knobs, you will probably get bloated unpleasant sound.

try this: keep knobs on neutral position or, play music in tone defeat mode. keep background noise as low as possible. for this i listen to music after 12 midnight, switch off the fans and the refridgerator. use audio CDs and not compressed formats. i think you will get what you are expecting.:)

Hai Changappa,

If you post the details of the Speakers like POWER Rating Impedance etc, your query can be answered.

N.Murali.

Hai Changappa,

If you post the details of the Speakers like POWER Rating Impedance etc, your query can be answered.

N.Murali.

I have AKAI Model SW-137 Mark II 3 way Book shelf speakers Impedence is 8 ohms. Peak is 40W. ( with 10" woofer)

Jaudere has given very good advice. Just sit back and listen without prejudice for few months. If you are really unhappy after 6 months then start searching.

Tone controls may be needed to compensate for poorly recorded material at times, use judiciously.

Regards

I just auditioned the Norge 1000 amp today and if you are a base fiend then you will surely be satisfied.

Can anyone explain the functions of "Tone Defeat Mode" and its best uses.
Thanks

hi shanspon,

the theory is that the shortest possible path between the produced audio signal (at source) and the loudspeakers (via an amplifer) is the best path - the shorter the better

tone controls are used to boost or lower certain segments of the audio spectrum and the signal has to pass through additional electronic circuits if this system is activated - corruption is guaranteed.

with lower-end systems tone controls may be necessary for tolerable listening and to prevent unacceptable distortion, but in better systems the tone controls are best by-passed (tone defeat mode) and the music played "flat"

opinions differ, though.

regards

I expect somthing like in low vol a rich bass low just audible mids and highs. Like in Multiplex theatres before the movie starts some music is played its low in vol but you can feel your seat handle vibrate at bass but mids and highs arel low you can talk with normal tone. Music is felt rather!!

Hi Chang ... Welcome to the A/V club .... Have a great experience!!!

Well for your kind of taste especially on the low frequency, you definitely need a subwoofer in your setup. If you can spend around 30K then you can try the Wharfedale Diamond 9.2 Bookshelf speakers with Wharfedale SW150 subwoofer. Even at low volumes this combo will satisfy you.

Cheers,
Ramesh @ Bangalore

there it goes.

have you guys watched Maalamaal starring Nasiruddin Shah? the plot is something like if he spends Rs 1crore in 1 month, he will get 10 crore as reward.

being on this forum would have given him a lot of ideas about how to spend that amount easily:lol:

thankfully i stay in a village and closest hifi shop is at 270 km from my home. otherwise i would have been bankrupt by now:D

hI
u said it pal!! its a adiction. starts with something like sony then sonodyne then norge then denon the marantz book shelfe the floor stander then the subs ha ha what an idea sir ji??

hI
u said it pal!! its a adiction. starts with something like sony then sonodyne then norge then denon the marantz book shelfe the floor stander then the subs ha ha what an idea sir ji??

Sir ji, Got the norge?
I think for the kinda sound you are looking for you have to get a subwoofer!

@OP,hope u have received ur norge by now.im quite sure the setup with ur speakers should be more than just nice to ur ears.the problem with the upgraditis itch is that it never goes away,sort of like a bad case of the 'hives' :p!!!remember,enjoy ur music.cheers

Sir ji, Got the norge?
I think for the kinda sound you are looking for you have to get a subwoofer!

No it arrived at the courier godown in nelmangla bangalore on satday. the courier guy said sunday being holiday he can deliver only by monday noon. Ha ha JO MAJA INTEJAR MEIN HAI WHO MULAKAAT MEIN NAHI HAI!!! i am waiting still.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back