Norge 2060 Stereo Integrated Amplifier

hey pradski
i have been meaning to ask
why you choose the norge cooncerto gold 1000 over the mosfet reference by norge?
they both give out the same output and are priced similarly na?

in fact i think i like the looks(which is ofcourse subjective) of the mosfet amp better.

can other give their inputs here too.

if the priceis similar then what should be the deciding factor between these two amps?

Hi magma,

honestly I do not know what is mosfet. I have heard that word but I don't know what it means.
I just bought as it was higher power. Having seen avr 100 rms in avr s were not delivering to me. I thought amps also will be same.

Now I know what amp power means, t is totally different.

Hi Pradski,

MOSFET is acronym for Metal Oxide Semi-Conductor Field Effect Transistor. It is a transistor used in the amp.

The sound of the amp will vary on the semi-conductor device used in them.

With regards,

murali_n

Hi magma,

honestly I do not know what is mosfet. I have heard that word but I don't know what it means.
I just bought as it was higher power. Having seen avr 100 rms in avr s were not delivering to me. I thought amps also will be same.

Now I know what amp power means, t is totally different.

pradski
i meant why did you choose
this
norge concerto gold 1000
over this
norge mosfet reference 2000
both have same power specifications.and are at a similar cost too(if im not mistaken)

check here
Norge Audio

Thanks murali,

Magma,

I was not aware of that. Infact I had booked 2060, later for more power I changed to 1000 gold.
As this is my first amp in life, when my avr is the third. I just wanted to try to really understand the amp. Now I am convinced I will swear by amp. Will be preparing for my real buy late in life.

Hi friends,

After reading + poits of Norge & not satisfied with Onkyo stereo SQ,I m willing to take audition of Norge amp(2060 or 1000)

As I m in Mumbai ,thats not problem.But I m sure,I have to listen it to 4ohm Norge spk only.I have Tany F1 which r 8ohms.I m not power Hungry,but I m not sure whether it will do justice to 8ohm spk.

So I need your help & your detailed review,especially your Norge & its partner(spk).There overall performances.

Looking forward to your responses,
Thanks.

get the norge 1000 and i would believe youre good to go with the tannoys

the tannoys are not so large , why dont you carry it to mr bajaj's place.
but do call him and tell him youre comin in the the 1000 so he can arange it.

this is because the last i was there he didnt have the 1000 in stock.
only the 2060 ( its little brother)- actually you can audition that too in case the 1000 is not there. the sound signature is the same

get the norge 1000 and i would believe youre good to go with the tannoys

the tannoys are not so large , why dont you carry it to mr bajaj's place.
but do call him and tell him youre comin in the the 1000 so he can arange it.

this is because the last i was there he didnt have the 1000 in stock.
only the 2060 ( its little brother)- actually you can audition that too in case the 1000 is not there. the sound signature is the same

Thanks,
though Tanny r small,I stay far from his showroom,It takes more than 1hr by rd & travelling by Train is 40min & cannot take risk with spks.
So I need your opinions.

Hi,

I recently purchased the NORGE 2060 , and am satisfied with its output. I previously used the PULZ 180DC Model amp(35W rms pc). The NORGE sounds better than the PULZ.

with regards,

Murali

Is there a Norge dealer in Chennai?

Hai Niki,

I purchased the NORGE 2060 from Mumbai by Courier. I think there are no dealers at Chennai. You can speak to Mr.Bajaj or email to him for details. You can see their website for all details.

Thanks,

N Murali.

Hai Niki,

I purchased the NORGE 2060 from Mumbai by Courier. I think there are no dealers at Chennai. You can speak to Mr.Bajaj or email to him for details. You can see their website for all details.

Thanks,

N Murali.

Sir, can you tell me your set up & its review in details(2060)?

Thanks,
though Tanny r small,I stay far from his showroom,It takes more than 1hr by rd & travelling by Train is 40min & cannot take risk with spks.
So I need your opinions.

Mumbai local right? The dabbawallahs may transport your speakers for you check with them :lol:

Cheers

Hai Spirovious,

I have NORGE 2060 paired with DIY 3-way (8" Bolton Woofer, Peerless India 6" M/Woofer and 1" Tweeter )(see classified section/ My Albums for the Pics). The 3 way Network is Bolton make. My DVD is Pioneer 686 A. I am planning to upgrade my speakers. The sound with the present combo is good, Mid range is excellent. But I feel the bass is a bit lacking due to my speakers. The amp sounds bright for Indian recordings. For Western music it is ok. If you connect speakers like Wharfedale 9.2 which are laid back, then the set-up should be better. The amp has a very good heat sink, does not get heated up even after many hours of continuous use. Since I have a TT I got a Phono input as additional option made especially for me at an additional cost. The Amp pumps 60W pc at 8 ohms. My room size is 12x12 feet and the sound is room filling. I hope this info is sufficient . Pl PM to me for any further details.

Thanks,

N Murali.

Hai Spirovious,

I have NORGE 2060 paired with DIY 3-way (8" Bolton Woofer, Peerless India 6" M/Woofer and 1" Tweeter )(see classified section/ My Albums for the Pics). The 3 way Network is Bolton make. My DVD is Pioneer 686 A. I am planning to upgrade my speakers. The sound with the present combo is good, Mid range is excellent. But I feel the bass is a bit lacking due to my speakers. The amp sounds bright for Indian recordings. For Western music it is ok. If you connect speakers like Wharfedale 9.2 which are laid back, then the set-up should be better. The amp has a very good heat sink, does not get heated up even after many hours of continuous use. Since I have a TT I got a Phono input as additional option made especially for me at an additional cost. The Amp pumps 60W pc at 8 ohms. My room size is 12x12 feet and the sound is room filling. I hope this info is sufficient . Pl PM to me for any further details.

Thanks,

N Murali.

Thanks for detailed review,it just gave me some idea abt amp,only to surprise that Indian recordings sounds bright.
May dedicated CDp + Norge will be better combo.

is it too far to cab ?
it will be worth your while to carry the speakers
at least youll have peace of mind about your purchase

i can onlysay frommy experience that the amp and speaker should match well

otherwise see if mr bajaj is willing to allow you to carry his amp for a day

is it too far to cab ?
it will be worth your while to carry the speakers
at least youll have peace of mind about your purchase

i can onlysay frommy experience that the amp and speaker should match well

otherwise see if mr bajaj is willing to allow you to carry his amp for a day

I thing 2nd option is better as Cab tru & fro will cost 700 & carrying amp is better than spk .

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back