Norwegian living in Delhi

Morten

Hi every one. Just a brief introduction. My name is Morten. My interest for hifi goes back about 23 years since I was 15 and got my first stereo, a second hand Pioneer component system. My current system consists of an Abrahamsen V2.0 (a Norwegian amp made by Per Abrahamsen, the man behind Electrocompaniet), Audio Physic Yara II Superior speakers, and my source for the moment is a Pioneer BDP-330 player. The latter will be replaced by Abrahamsen V1.0 next summer when I will have some extra funds available.

As I am going to live in Delhi for a few years I'm looking forward to follow this great forum for equal minded people :)

Attachments

• Stereo1.jpg
    Stereo1.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 145
  • Stereo2.jpg
    Stereo2.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 147
  • Stereo3.jpg
    Stereo3.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Hi and welcome morten! there are quite a few of us audiophiles here in Delhi! it would be great to connect over music!

Indeed malvai. And by the way, I forgot to mention in my introduction that yesterday I orderer a Norge 2060 amp and Nano speakers from Mr. Bajaj. I'm aware that those are not high end products, but being Norwegian I just have to have some Norge (Norway) products. I have to say I'm quite exited to check out those little babies. Nothing makes my day like new hifi gadgets :)

Welcome Morten. Delhi is a nice place and lot of nice people around, like me and Manav :)
Viren (lyrita audio) is another great person to meet and listen to his system if you are in delhi.

Thanks anm :) In time I would love to actually meet other audiophiles in Delhi to exchange thoughts and listen to each-others systems. But in time. I'm not keen about running around town meeting up with people I just met on a forum if you catch my drift ;)

Hi sachu888. No, no turntable yet. That is one branch of this hobby I have wanted to get into for a long time. Some day. But first I'm gonna get my Abrahamsen V1.0 CD-player :)

I'm not keen about running around town meeting up with people I just met on a forum if you catch my drift ;)

Very true. You should first settle down, get familiar with roads, customs and other stuff. I myself haven't met many people in this forum who are from Delhi/ NCR. In fact sam9s' office is just 2 buildings from my office but we could never meet up. I have met Manav (malvai) and a few more.

Viren's (Lyrita Audio) is one place you should visit. He makes single drivers and tube amps.

Henrik Ibsen is all I can think of when I hear the word Norway. And maybe whaling :) Remember reading his works (The Doll House and Peer Gynt) long ago.

Welcome to the forum.

I've heard really good things about the Audio Physic Yara speakers.

--
helium
SB Classic> Lyrita DIY DAC Philips TDA1543 > Lyrita SET GM70 + PMC TB2/ Vintage highly modified B&W DM4 > Lyrita ICs + Cables => MUSIC

I've heard really good things about the Audio Physic Yara speakers.

I absolutely love them. Here is a side by side comparison of ten 2000 Euro speakers where the Yara comes out on top. (The parts regarding the Yara highlighted in yellow and translated to English)

http://www.wavecor.com/YARAII_Superior_STP_ENG.pdf

When taken in to consideration that I got to buy them with an incredible 45% discount :yahoo: (There is a store in Oslo that occasionally have these mad campaigns on hifi equipment) I could not be more happy :)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back