Ntech Native 4k projector ( affordable )

Q. What is the difference between a “Standard” HDMI cable and a “High-Speed” HDMI cable?
Recently, HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc. announced that cables would be tested as Standard or High-Speed cables.

• Standard (or “category 1”) HDMI cables have been tested to perform at speeds of 75Mhz or up to 2.25Gbps, which is the equivalent of a 720p/1080i signal.
  • High Speed (or “category 2”) HDMI cables have been tested to perform at speeds of 340Mhz or up to 10.2Gbps, which is the highest bandwidth currently available over an HDMI cable and can successfully handle 1080p signals including those at increased color depths and/or increased refresh rates from the Source. High-Speed cables are also able to accommodate higher resolution displays, such as WQXGA cinema monitors (resolution of 2560 x 1600).
Per them 'Cat 2' max resolution able to 'accommodate' is 2560 x 1600 ( Doesn't read successful). Which is neither UHD 4K or Native 4K

Q. How do I run HDMI cables longer than 10 meters?
There are many HDMI Adopters working on HDMI solutions that extend a cable’s effective distance from the typical 10 meter range to much longer lengths. These companies manufacture a variety of solutions that include active cables (active electronics built into cables that boost and extend the cable’s signal), repeaters, amplifiers as well as CAT5/6 and fiber solutions.

I couldn't find anywhere it reads Premium high speed is further classification of Cat 2 other than the naming convention.

https://www.hdmi.org/consumer/finding_right_cable.aspx

View attachment 26828
The only question I see in this post is why category 2 doesn't mention 4k. Am I correct? The standard for category 2 was last updated in 2008 (atleast that what I remember you could always double check)at which time wqxga was the highest resolution they thought off. Which is why there are two branches of certification for category 2. The only other update they did was very recently when the HDMI 2.1 standard was announced, there is a separate FAQ for that where the cable is mentioned as category 3. So technically high speed HDMI or category 2 encompasses all of our currently used consumer video resolutions.

The only question I see in this post is why category 2 doesn't mention 4k. Am I correct? The standard for category 2 was last updated in 2008 (atleast that what I remember you could always double check)at which time wqxga was the highest resolution they thought off. Which is why there are two branches of certification for category 2. The only other update they did was very recently when the HDMI 2.1 standard was announced, there is a separate FAQ for that where the cable is mentioned as category 3. So technically high speed HDMI or category 2 encompasses all of our currently used consumer video resolutions.

Would you mind providing a FAQ URL for the same ? It will be beneficial for the fellow members.

Leaving the HDMI discussion aside,

The prime concern for FM who started the thread was about sending 4K UHD signal to 50 feet

That's the reason i suggested active HDMI or fiber HDMI cable like mentioned in the HDMI org ( I'm using the same too )

There are many HDMI Adopters working on HDMI solutions that extend a cable’s effective distance from the typical 10 meter range to much longer lengths. These companies manufacture a variety of solutions that include active cables (active electronics built into cables that boost and extend the cable’s signal), repeaters, amplifiers as well as CAT5/6 and fiber solutions.

Secondly even below 10 meters - for connecting streaming devices or such kind device to AVR ( If he is using one)

As of now majority of UHD content is on streaming services like Netflix & Amazon prime that's the reason I suggested 'new' HDMI cables coz none of the old HDMI cables supports HDCP 2.2 which is a must for streaming UHD content

Apart from the bandwidth, Every link in the video chain must support HDCP 2.2 for the UHD streaming to work, be it a device or cable

Would you mind providing a FAQ URL for the same ? It will be beneficial for the fellow members.

Leaving the HDMI discussion aside,

The prime concern for FM who started the thread was about sending 4K UHD signal to 50 feet

That's the reason i suggested active HDMI or fiber HDMI cable like mentioned in the HDMI org ( I'm using the same too )

Secondly even below 10 meters - for connecting streaming devices or such kind device to AVR ( If he is using one)

As of now majority of UHD content is on streaming services like Netflix & Amazon prime that's the reason I suggested 'new' HDMI cables coz none of the old HDMI cables supports HDCP 2.2 which is a must for streaming UHD content

Apart from the bandwidth, Every link in the video chain must support HDCP 2.2 for the UHD streaming to work, be it a device or cable

I agree 50 feet exceeds the HDMI spec unless using signal boosters.

Here's the link to the HDMI 2.1 FAQ
https://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_2_1/

I must disagree with you on this "none of the old HDMI cables supports HDCP 2.2" however, as HDCP is something all devices in the chain must comply with not the cable (HDCP is a tech from Intel for DRM) . HDCP 2.2 was launched as the pirates keep cracking the encryption, I think 2.3 is out as well. The cable merely carries the DRM encrypted audio and video signals, its only the bandwidth of the cable that matters. The HDCP 2.2 source device encrypts the signal which is decrypted by a HDCP 2.2 receiving device.

However this is not to say that a cable wont cause a HDCP link break due to it not having the bandwidth to carry the signal properly.

I must disagree with you on this "none of the old HDMI cables supports HDCP 2.2" however, as HDCP is something all devices in the chain must comply with not the cable (HDCP is a tech from Intel for DRM) .

"The following devices support Ultra HD streaming. They must be connected via HDMI to a port on your Ultra HD TV that supports 60fps. Both the HDMI cable and the HDMI port on your TV must be HDCP 2.2 certified to successfully display Ultra HD content. If you need assistance determining which port meets these criteria, consult your TV's user manual or contact the manufacturer.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/13444?ba=SwiftypeResultClick&q=HDCP 2.2

"The following devices support Ultra HD streaming. They must be connected via HDMI to a port on your Ultra HD TV that supports 60fps. Both the HDMI cable and the HDMI port on your TV must be HDCP 2.2 certified to successfully display Ultra HD content. If you need assistance determining which port meets these criteria, consult your TV's user manual or contact the manufacturer.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/13444?ba=SwiftypeResultClick&q=HDCP 2.2

This happens all the time I've encountered this bogus on Netflix and Apple TV support. If you don't believe me that "cables can't be HDCP compliant" I would encourage you to do your own research. Just to be clear HDMI versions and HDCP versions have nothing to do with the cable they are for the source and receiving devices. Cables categories I've already mentioned.

Most of the confusion around this is caused by poor quality cables and manufacturers who don't implement the HDMI spec properly causing poor and buggy HDCP connections causing poeple to think the cable is not complaint. The cable is an electrical conductor it doesn't care about HDMI versions or whether the content is encrypted or not, it simply conducts. A properly made high speed (cat 2)HDMI cable made even before HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 will work for the current standards except HDMI 2.1 that's a different beast alltogether. Here's a thread from avs on HDCP cables.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/168-h...mpliant-hdmi-cables-myth.html#/topics/1354160

A random user post on AVS forum ? that too in 2011 ? I understand, Netflix don't have any idea about HDCP !!

A random user post on AVS forum ? that too in 2011 ? I understand, Netflix don't have any idea about HDCP !!
Let make it clear that HDCP is independent of HDMI, if a cable had to be HDCP certified then Ethernet cables would never work would they? I can't get God down here to tell you that a string of copper cannot be cerfitied for DRM. Ultimately if you choose to believe that a cable must be HDCP certified then by all means go ahead, but please do explain how they certified it.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back