Nuforce setup needed

kvandhi

Hi
I will be getting Nuforce UDAC2 from US by this weekend, my current setup shown in my signature.

Before i connect my Nuforce UDac-2. I would like to know any setups need to be taken care for improved music.
Currently i am using Itunes equalizer to the my preferred mode of listening.
My query is

1. Do i need to keep the equalizer flat (0 level) and my new UDAC-2 will take care rest of conversion like Digi to Analogue.

2. Volume knob in UDAC-2 should be keep max volume and my Amplifier volume to adjust accordignly. Which way is preferred.

Which media player is better than iTunes for computer audio listening.

You dont need to install anything. When you connect your UDAC-2 your laptop gets the drivers installed from the device automatically. I suggest you use Foobar2000 instead of iTunes. The difference will be huge. Also set the output after you connect your UDAC in Foobar to "WASAPI-UDAC".

Thanks

Sorry forgot to mention that you need to install the WASAPI component for Foobar before you can use it. Here is the complete list of Foobar components.

After downloading the WASAPI output support 3.2.3 from the link, how do i install it, just double click of WASAPI is fine or any other configuration left.

Another query, so far i have only 320KBPS MP3 downloaded files in my laptop.
Where do i get FLAC files, if i search in torrent, it takes more time to download or less peers available for download.

Is anyother sites can i get FLAC files for album of our choice.

Sorry forgot to mention that you need to install the WASAPI component for Foobar before you can use it. Here is the complete list of Foobar components.

Sir,

I would suggest / recommend J River.
It is free for 30 days.

I prefer its sound to the Foobar - I used to use it with Event Style - Have just changed to a 2 machine J Play [Mini] should finish the installation - today or tomorrow;

:yahoo:

@kvandhi,

It has been a while since I've used Foobar, so I'm a bit rusty, but this should work:

Open Foobar preferences and go to the components area. Then drag the WASAPI dll onto that tab. That should do the job.

Do try JRiver Media Center. I moved from Foobar to JRMC a while back. The improvement is definitely worth the $50.

After downloading the WASAPI output support 3.2.3 from the link, how do i install it, just double click of WASAPI is fine or any other configuration left.

Another query, so far i have only 320KBPS MP3 downloaded files in my laptop.
Where do i get FLAC files, if i search in torrent, it takes more time to download or less peers available for download.

Is anyother sites can i get FLAC files for album of our choice.

You need to go to the components folder and click on "Install" and choose the WASAPI zip file to install. The foobar will be restarted and you will be able to see the component and also can choose the output as WASAPI.

Thanks

@kvandhi,

It has been a while since I've used Foobar, so I'm a bit rusty, but this should work:

Open Foobar preferences and go to the components area. Then drag the WASAPI dll onto that tab. That should do the job.

Do try JRiver Media Center. I moved from Foobar to JRMC a while back. The improvement is definitely worth the $50.

I did try the JRiver sound was good comparable and may be better than Foobar but their Andriod/Iphone app to control the media looks horrible compared to the Foobar one. The apps looks alien and Foobar is so nice/good/user friendly to use it. Hence continuing with Foobar as it is also free :)

Thanks

Thanks , I am able to install WASPI components.

Now back to my 2nd query, most of people suggest that FLAC files are best to use with DAC, instead of MP3 files.

May i know where to get the FLAC files free from internet.

Sir,

I would suggest / recommend J River.
It is free for 30 days.

I prefer its sound to the Foobar - I used to use it with Event Style - Have just changed to a 2 machine J Play [Mini] should finish the installation - today or tomorrow;

:yahoo:

A good friend is doing the 2 machine Jply mini. He loves it. He moved from J river to this. Do post back your observations.

A good friend is doing the 2 machine Jply mini. He loves it. He moved from J river to this. Do post back your observations.

This is what I have done;

2 Machines - 1 to save the music on - server & the other to play on - hibernate;

ASUS Maximus V Gene is the M/B
Intel Core I-5 3rd Gen [low heat]
Cossair Vengeance Ram
SSD Drives - Cossair GTX Series
Dell Raid Card - 10 HDD's - 16TB
Cossair Power Supply - 430
RME - AES 32 Sound Card - in the Hibernate Machine

This is what I have purchased & installed - 2 machines i.e.

Will set it up & work with it over the weekend.
Shall let you know how it goes;

;)

Which way i have to connect UDAC2 to Amplifier :

My amplifier has only Input AUX (accepts 3.5mm jack). Can i connect the Nuforce UDAC2 to my amp by two ways :

1. 3.5mm stereo male(Headphone out of UDAC) to male amplifier.
2. 2 RCA Male(RCA out of UDAC2) to 3.5mm Stereo Male of amplifier.

Out of this two options, which one is suggested and better audio quality.
Please suggest me good cable for the above option to purchase.

The option 2 is better and you can get the Belkin branded cables. They are good and reasonably priced or you can try the hifimart.com site for this kind of cable, I think they sell DAC branded cables.

Thanks

This is what I have done;

2 Machines - 1 to save the music on - server & the other to play on - hibernate;

ASUS Maximus V Gene is the M/B
Intel Core I-5 3rd Gen [low heat]
Cossair Vengeance Ram
SSD Drives - Cossair GTX Series
Dell Raid Card - 10 HDD's - 16TB
Cossair Power Supply - 430
RME - AES 32 Sound Card - in the Hibernate Machine

This is what I have purchased & installed - 2 machines i.e.

Will set it up & work with it over the weekend.
Shall let you know how it goes;

;)

Care to explain why the 2 machines and not 1 powerful machine could suffice?

Care to explain why the 2 machines and not 1 powerful machine could suffice?

Sir,

Both the machines are 100 % same;
Small differences.

a]
1st machine has HDD's [10 of them] - This is a server - player.

b]
2nd machine has no HDD's - This is the 'hibernate' machine.
Only Sound Card - RME - AES 32 - Hammerfall
RME: Hammerfall DSP AES-32

Basically is this what J Play suggested.
It is the J Play Mini that I use.

There are lots of details & specs on the J Pllay web site.
'Cancel OS noise by eliminating dozens of OS jitter-inducing processes & hundreds of threads !
This is what the web site states.
Please do visit the site - it explains a lot.

I executed this after I met them in Munich & they explained it all to me.

It is installed & operational.
Now, I have to 'tune' it & the full audio gear - all over again - sound is so different...
:rolleyes:

After installing Nuforce Udac-2, I have many controls of volume now in place. Please let me know which position i need to set for all the following control :

1. volume knob in UDAC-2
2 Volume knob in Stereo Amp
3. Foobar volume or Laptop output volume.

second most question is how much break in time required for the Nuforce UDAC.

Should i keep the equalizer settings to zero level or any desired level in iTunes/Foobar.

Not sure of point-1 but for point 2 and 3 I normally keep the amp vol medium and adjust the foobar volume to the desired level with the foobar app on my phone. This way you do not need to use the amp remote at all.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.
This question always comes up, whether what is the purpose of equalizer settings given in Itunes, when we use DAC , should it be used or not.

I feel that , equalizer settings gives more bass than normal zero level

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back