Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

Hello Guys,
I have got Apple TV4K and use Infuse pro to stream the content from my ages old NAS device, mostly works just fine, except some controls on fwd/rewind or skipping to certain point in the content is difficult when I use this combination.
While I feel ATV4K is streaming NetFlix beautifully and also great with Primevidoe and other streaming apps, somehow I feel that nVidia Shield TV pro (2019) which now has DV/DA support for Netflix and no doubt it's probably one of the best devices in terms of playing local media.
Do you guys think if I'm going to benefit from STV Pro 2019 over Infuse pro running on ATV4K? Is it worth spending money on that for playing local media?
I've got Xbox one X recently but not sure about its capabilities of playing local media (over a NAS device!!) so using that for games only and if I get some good BDs to play.
I'm thinking of getting it shipped to a friend coming to India in another 2-3 months, I may end up paying around 12K INR or so in I consider the US tax and a $50 gift coupon that I have on amazon account. Is it worth spending for that device! Does the new AI feature really beat the ATV4K?
Thank you.
So, it (Nvidia shield tv pro) was at $179 on amazon.com so I went ahead with it. hoping to get someone travelling back who can carry that for me.

Shield and router on line of sight but seperated by two doors and a passage in big living room. No way I can run cable. More over last one month I never had any wifi drop issue after address reservation done on router.
Hi

Can you tell me how to reserve address on router?!

Randomly whenever I power off and start my newly bought shield, wifi is auto set to power off. Unable to power it back ON.

Sometimes I press restart wifi and then restart shield TV which will work. And sometimes it doesn't and I need to power it off for a while and turn it on a bit later to see it running fine.

Unable to find a proper solution anywhere. It was bought few months back in USA and I got in hand only 2 weeks back. Feeling bad cause of this issue

Hi

Randomly whenever I power off and start my newly bought shield, wifi is auto set to power off. Unable to power it back ON.

Sometimes I press restart wifi and then restart shield TV which will work. And sometimes it doesn't and I need to power it off for a while and turn it on a bit later to see it running fine.

Unable to find a proper solution anywhere. It was bought few months back in USA and I got in hand only 2 weeks back. Feeling bad cause of this issue
what is the model of the router u are using

Hi

Not able to understand your issue.

Are you saying that when you power off your Nvidia Shield your router goes off ?

Or the WiFi setting in your Shield gets lost ?

Not able to understand your issue.

Are you saying that when you power off your Nvidia Shield your router goes off ?

Or the WiFi setting in your Shield gets lost ?
I think it is the second issue bcos I too have same issue. My router settings get lost and it asks to press the back button on Shield remote for 2 seconds to enable cursor and then ethernet/wifi gets connected. But I have no such issues on Firestick 4K.

I think it is the second issue bcos I too have same issue. My router settings get lost and it asks to press the back button on Shield remote for 2 seconds to enable cursor and then ethernet/wifi gets connected. But I have no such issues on Firestick 4K.
Have never faced such an issue in my device. I have the old sheild as well as the new one (non-pro tube version).

Suggest update the settings then restart it using menu option.

See if the settings get saved.

Has anyone used multiple portable HDDs through USB hub (powered / unpowered) with the Shield TV 2017 ?

Guys pls suggest any alternative remotes( any links ) which can work for NVidia shield pro!! currently using it with joystick! like to go for remotes since its very handy!!! thanks in advance!!!

what is the model of the router u are using

This is the model.
Have never faced such an issue in my device. I have the old sheild as well as the new one (non-pro tube version).

Suggest update the settings then restart it using menu option.

See if the settings get saved.
Actually, everytime I powered ON my shield tv, wifi will be turned off for some weird reason and I will have hard time starting it.

But for some other wierd reason that issue got resolved on its own. All I did was turning off 'Scanning always available' option and the issue didn't reflect henceforth.

I also did not try replicating the issue by turning it ON again.

For time being, my shield TV works without issues

Guys pls suggest any alternative remotes( any links ) which can work for NVidia shield pro!! currently using it with joystick! like to go for remotes since its very handy!!! thanks in advance!!!
Fire stick 4k remote works with 2017 shield tv.

Have you tested it Vagabond? I am also looking out to buy one for me.
Yes, tested with origional first and then brought the second copy generic one locally at 1.2k.... Both working.

Since I brought new tv, the tv remote working with hdmi cec so not using the remote.

Is anyone using tidal on kodi on Shield? In unable to get it working on Kodi, when I log in it keeps telling authentication error. Any ideas?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back