Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

I have Kodi installed on my Nvidia Shield Pro, and a NAS with all my movies and music.

Works perfectly.
Thanks, do you have any specific version/fork for the Kodi that works better with Nvidia Shield TV pro? I'm using Plex, looks to be working fine for now, except that library taking some time in case of NAS.
I played around with Kodi recently, I couldnt figure out how to get the NAS storage added to the Kodi media section!!
Have you added your NAS using SMB, UPNP, FTP or some other protocol!

Thanks, do you have any specific version/fork for the Kodi that works better with Nvidia Shield TV pro? I'm using Plex, looks to be working fine for now, except that library taking some time in case of NAS.
I played around with Kodi recently, I couldnt figure out how to get the NAS storage added to the Kodi media section!!
Have you added your NAS using SMB, UPNP, FTP or some other protocol!

No specific version or fork. Just downlaod the current version rom the Play Store.

NAS is added suing SMB.

Yes, the settings are very confusing.
Take time playing around. I have learnt over the years.
I use the AMBER skin (much better than the default).

You can even setup a subttitle service which automatically searches for and downloads subtitles.

I have one doubt. If we bring shield tv pro from US, can we install and able to run all india OTT app? (i.e netflix, prime, sun next, hotstar... tec)
i bought mine from germany and i installed all major ott apps from INDIAN content providers and its working fine u can directly install from play store itself so dont worry u ll be fine

I have one doubt. If we bring shield tv pro from US, can we install and able to run all india OTT app? (i.e netflix, prime, sun next, hotstar... tec)
bought from US, Have been using since Feb 2020 in India. No issues getting all india OTT apps. Everything is available on google play store. i can say it's the best decision I have made to get Nvidia shield TV pro.

bought from US, Have been using since Feb 2020 in India. No issues getting all india OTT apps. Everything is available on google play store. i can say it's the best decision I have made to get Nvidia shield TV pro.
Good info! I have just ordered the same. Hopefully it will make it through... The power source is 110-220V?

One of my Nvidia Shield (2017 Model) gone brick... tried different power supply... connected to PC ...... also opened to check if there is any connectivity issues nothing worked

Its dead!!! :((((

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    693.3 KB · Views: 16
One of my Nvidia Shield (2017 Model) gone brick... tried different power supply... connected to PC ...... also opened to check if there is any connectivity issues nothing worked

Its dead!!! :((((

It happened to me.

Wait for a few days and connect to a PC monitor rather than a TV.
Mine came back to life that way.

Sometime the HDMI CEC malfunctions and it goes into mernanet sleep mode.
Since PC monitors dont have HDMI CEC, its starts workign again (at least that is my theory).

Need a suggestion, I have nvidia shield tv pro 2019 model and wanted to know anyone is using wireless keyboard or universal remote which works fine?
USB wireless keyboard with USB receiver connected to Nvidea Shield works. Universal remote might not work since Nvidea shield uses a Bluetooth based remote. However you can get the remote app from playstore and control it through your mobile.

It happened to me.

Wait for a few days and connect to a PC monitor rather than a TV.
Mine came back to life that way.

Sometime the HDMI CEC malfunctions and it goes into mernanet sleep mode.
Since PC monitors dont have HDMI CEC, its starts workign again (at least that is my theory).
oh wow... let me try it...Thank you btw was your shield entirely dead... coz even the green light is not turning on for me.

Since Amazon already collected the customs amount, how do I know that it was collected in India by the customs department? How does Amazon know to refund me if it was not collected? Thanks in advance for answering!

USB wireless keyboard with USB receiver connected to Nvidea Shield works. Universal remote might not work since Nvidea shield uses a Bluetooth based remote. However you can get the remote app from playstore and control it through your mobile.
Thanks! Do you use one?? Any suggestions please!

Since Amazon already collected the customs amount, how do I know that it was collected in India by the customs department? How does Amazon know to refund me if it was not collected? Thanks in advance for answering!
It was not collected by Customs rather Amazon collected it on behalf of its clearance agents in India, if the amount of duty is more than amount charged from you than Amazon will pay the excess amount out of their own pocket and if the duty charged will be less than they will automatically refund the excess charged, you can get the duty amount by contacting customer service after receiving the product.

It was not collected by Customs rather Amazon collected it on behalf of its clearance agents in India, if the amount of duty is more than amount charged from you than Amazon will pay the excess amount out of their own pocket and if the duty charged will be less than they will automatically refund the excess charged, you can get the duty amount by contacting customer service after receiving the product.
Thank you for the info! Will the shipping partner provide any customs invoice after it is cleared and during delivery?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back