Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

I bought the below a year back but frankly I don't use it much as I find Nvidia UI much better.
Thanks for the link, Basically i need a keyboard when comes to typing..i have lg magic remote for my tv which was easy to work with..coming from that remote to shield remote, i feel it difficult to use! Thats the reason looking for a keyboard to use with shield.

Thanks for the link, Basically i need a keyboard when comes to typing..i have lg magic remote for my tv which was easy to work with..coming from that remote to shield remote, i feel it difficult to use! Thats the reason looking for a keyboard to use with shield.
You can try this wireless keyboard with air mouse function : Tygot mini wireless keyboard- perfectly working for me.

above is cheaper option

alternatively

you can try Logitech wireless keyboard
K 480 - works well

You can try this wireless keyboard with air mouse function : Tygot mini wireless keyboard- perfectly working for me.

above is cheaper option

alternatively

you can try Logitech wireless keyboard
K 480 - works well
Thank you, will check it out.

Need a shield or shield pro. Is there a way to buy in India without going the Amazon US or freight forwarding route? resellers On Amazon India are asking for ridiculous amounts

No one in the extended friends and family travelling abroad anytime soon.

Need a shield or shield pro. Is there a way to buy in India without going the Amazon US or freight forwarding route? resellers On Amazon India are asking for ridiculous amounts

No one in the extended friends and family travelling abroad anytime soon.
There's a thread in tech****ave. com, an individual doing such forwarding. Its a pretty long thread. Do have a look and do due diligence before taking the plunge.
All the best

What is your first hand experience with apple tv+ on shield? I felt atmos is much better than Netflix.

What is your first hand experience with apple tv+ on shield? I felt atmos is much better than Netflix.
Any movie suggstion to check Atmos quality?

Unlike Netflix, Apple tv+ should stream atmos even with HD tv right if your receiver supports atmos ?

Unlike Netflix, Apple tv+ should stream atmos even with HD tv right if your receiver supports atmos ?
if netflix is not providing native and source atmos audio stream for its own shows, how is apple pulling it from thin air apart from just upmixing?

If it is just upmixing, I am sure most of the AVRs owned by us will do a better job of just audio resampling between formats compared to the apple tv box.

Last edited:
if netflix is not providing native and source atmos audio stream for its own shows, how is apple pulling it from thin air apart from just upmixing?

If it is just upmixing, I am sure most of the AVRs owned by us will do a better job of just audio resampling between formats compared to the apple tv box.
Not sure on the technicality. But I watched Godzilla vs Kong in Apple tv+ using Shield. Its good. Data consumption was around ~4GB for the movie.

Try Earth at night series, its really good to experience atmos. Loving it.

I am sorry for the naive question but could tou please explain what is upmixing. AFAMKIC, the sound track is recorded in 3 dimensional way and the coding is done. The same sound track will be carried out by shield to AVR which will decode it. Your shield will passthrough atmos signal to your AVR. Now there might be difference of bit rate carried by apple tv + & netflix.

The same sound track will be carried out by shield to AVR which will decode it. Your shield will passthrough atmos signal to your AVR. Now there might be difference of bit rate carried by apple tv + & netflix.
I used words loosely as a noob and I don't know the meaning of it technically.

My simple question to the user was: whatever is the best source sound Netflix is providing is the best apple tv or Nvidia can provide. How can they surpass the original Netflix audio just by some magic.

In short, if Netflix is not providing atmos in its show, then apple is just converting the base signal audio format to atmos, which any atmos capable Receiver can anyways do. Not sure what apple tv is doing which is different.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back