Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

This is the model.

Actually, everytime I powered ON my shield tv, wifi will be turned off for some weird reason and I will have hard time starting it.

But for some other wierd reason that issue got resolved on its own. All I did was turning off 'Scanning always available' option and the issue didn't reflect henceforth.

I also did not try replicating the issue by turning it ON again.

For time being, my shield TV works without issues
Try any firmware upgrade is there and try to reset and reconfigure the router from the scratch

Are there any recommendations for particular external hard disk which can be connected to the Shield TV Pro 16gb?.

Use a NAS instead of a HDD
Don't need a NAS, but would getting a HDD designed for NAS in an external casing be a bit more efficient than a normal external HDD?
Probably not the most effective way, but I have a HDD connected to my router, which acts like a NAS. Want to connect something directly to the Shield.

I have a Shield TV 2017. When I connect an external USB harddisk the Shield asks it to be formatted. Why I am not able to open the contents of the harddisk without formatting? I have movies and photo albums in that harddisk.

I have a Shield TV 2017. When I connect an external USB harddisk the Shield asks it to be formatted. Why I am not able to open the contents of the harddisk without formatting? I have movies and photo albums in that harddisk.
Does the HDD work normally when connected to PC?

How are you trying to access the drive. Use file manager.

Nvidia shield pro (I am using 2019 model) offers to used the HDD as an external drive or format and use it as internal drive. You can choose to use as external drive, this would not format the drive.

Just to understand what is the File System used in the HDD you have?

Hey Folks

I am planning on getting a new Shield TV Pro. Was initially planning on getting the non-Pro version as my only use case is Plex for HDR movies (Will be streaming BR's around 30-40GB). I then noticed that Shield TV Pro has a build in Plex Media Server.

So here's my questions for owners of the Pro:

1) Since both Plex Media server and the Plex Client reside on the same device, does the data travel from the Media Server through the Network and then to the Plex client or is it sent though HDMI?
2) In the event a file has to be transcoded, how does the Tegra X1+ SOC hold up?
3) Any other plex related issues you've noticed?

Yes, it does. Earlier I used to connect this USB hardisk to KDLinks media player and it worked well but with Nvidia shield it is asking me to format the drive.
unsupported file system.

it should be either FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, and HFS+. and less than 4tb.

Hey Folks

I am planning on getting a new Shield TV Pro. Was initially planning on getting the non-Pro version as my only use case is Plex for HDR movies (Will be streaming BR's around 30-40GB). I then noticed that Shield TV Pro has a build in Plex Media Server.

So here's my questions for owners of the Pro:

1) Since both Plex Media server and the Plex Client reside on the same device, does the data travel from the Media Server through the Network and then to the Plex client or is it sent though HDMI?
2) In the event a file has to be transcoded, how does the Tegra X1+ SOC hold up?
3) Any other plex related issues you've noticed?
1) its played locally. Even if no network is connected, Plex is fully fuctional.
2) Holds up very well. See the videos from lon.tv. He tested its transcoding capabilites, it can transcode and broadcast 3 4k streams.
3) Yes plex interface is better, but i prefer kodi. Dynamic framerate matching, better audio passthrough are just a few things.
there is fork of kodi that is optimised for the shield. pls try that

1) its played locally. Even if no network is connected, Plex is fully fuctional.
2) Holds up very well. See the videos from lon.tv. He tested its transcoding capabilites, it can transcode and broadcast 3 4k streams.
3) Yes plex interface is better, but i prefer kodi. Dynamic framerate matching, better audio passthrough are just a few things.
Thanx for the update man.
Will be getting the Shield Pro in a month.
Will test out Kodi as well. Might reach out to you then if i need any helps :)

Hi.

I have a Shield Pro and do use Kodi.
Can you let me know which fork of Kodi is optimised for the shield ?

I've got Nvidia shield TV pro recently. Enjoying the streaming so far and also some bit of local streaming.
I'm yet to research more and configure a few things.

What would you guys suggest? Plex or Kodi client on this device? I've been using Plex client so far and seems to be working fine. Yet to try Kodi and see if its better!

I'm using one very very old 2-bay NAS device and an external 2TB HDD right now for my local media. FTP to NAS device or keep moving HDD to computer to transfer media to these storage devices are my current options which are not very fast and convenient, if you guys can suggest something quicker, easier, convenient, it'd be of great help.

Using it mostly for the Netflix/PrimeVideo/HotStar streaming at the moment since these have got the DV/DA currently and it seems to be doing decent job. local storage options are reserved for some real good DV/DA quality that cannot be enjoyed while streaming. A few BDRips I watched recently had an amazing quality, I want to borrow one of the BDs, play using the Xbox I have and want to see if I can compare those BDRips experience with playing actual BD. Has anyone tried this already? if so, please share your experience.

Has anyone been using Plex server on Nvidia Shield TV pro? I'm finding it takes some time for newly added movie to show up on Plex server even if I manually hit the 'scan library' config option, surely true for something recently added to my NAS, yet to test the same scenario with external HDD connected to USB port on Shield.

Thank you.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back