Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

N
Now people are crazy about shield. But heard from a dealer that it will stop support ott content where its official presence is not there.
Zappiti also stopped supporting ott as per him.
So prior to purchase please confirm with shield support.
O it won't be stopped

Shield TV pro, incl shipping and duty.

View attachment 61698

BTW, between TV Pro and Tube, which one to pickup? Main use is OTT, Kodi to play local 4k content and some gaming.

In the discussions over at avsforum, they say that you should go for the Pro as the Tube has some performance limiting issues (don't know how far that is true, though). I own a 2015 Pro and am very happy with it.

I checked, Tube can play local media files from NAS over LAN.

So which to pick?
Tube at ~17k or Pro at ~22.5k
I was also on the same boat doing my research from past 4 days, I am going with Pro due to following reasons.

• More RAM means better performance
  • 64-Bit OS vs 32-Bit OS, some apps might not run
  • USB support, quick plug & play, Tube supports micro SD card but its hard to remove and transfer data.
  • AI upscaling is limited to 30fps in tube, but 60fps on the pro. Most of the YouTube videos are 60fps.

Last edited:
Can Shield Pro play Youtube HDR videos?
Only drawback with 2019 shield is lack of YouTube HDR support, that’s a hardware limitation& Nvidia can’t fix it with software update. This the same with 2017 Apple TV, current 2021 ATV can play YT HDR perfectly. Next gen shield should support YouTube HDR, but due to chip shortage launch might be delayed. I am in a dilemma should I wait for next gen or pull the trigger now.

Only drawback with 2019 shield is lack of YouTube HDR support, that’s a hardware limitation& Nvidia can’t fix it with software update. This the same with 2017 Apple TV, current 2021 ATV can play YT HDR perfectly. Next gen shield should support YouTube HDR, but due to chip shortage launch might be delayed. I am in a dilemma should I wait for next gen or pull the trigger now.
Buy the 2019 version now and you can easily sell it for 3000-4000 less after a year or so and can upgrade to newer model which might not launch for another year or so

I have decided to defer.

My TV's OS can play YT HDR, so far KODI is working perfect and playing local 4k/ATMOS/DTS content fine.

Though the TV os is a little buggy, but can live with it.

I have decided to defer.

My TV's OS can play YT HDR, so far KODI is working perfect and playing local 4k/ATMOS/DTS content fine.

Though the TV os is a little buggy, but can live with it.
If you are some one who watches a lot of movies it is worth it to get the shield. You will find night and day difference with shield vs the TV app.

If you are some one who watches a lot of movies it is worth it to get the shield. You will find night and day difference with shield vs the TV app.
Yes, I do watch a lot of movies.. primarily through Netflix and Kodi. In addition to good picture quality i.e. UHD+, I also need good sound.

I can witness night and day difference between Firestick 4k and the TV app. TV is app is way better and Firestick 4K is garbage to be honest. It literally ₹@#$& the sound quality.

Yes, I do watch a lot of movies.. primarily through Netflix and Kodi. In addition to good picture quality i.e. UHD+, I also need good sound.

I can witness night and day difference between Firestick 4k and the TV app. TV is app is way better and Firestick 4K is garbage to be honest. It literally ₹@#$& the sound quality.
Ok if you are happy with tv app no need to invest in shield I guess.Netflix through shield vs tv app shouldn’t bring huge difference but with kodi you get lossless audio which is the major difference between tv app and shield.

Ok if you are happy with tv app no need to invest in shield I guess.Netflix through shield vs tv app shouldn’t bring huge difference but with kodi you get lossless audio which is the major difference between tv app and shield.
I am not happy with TV app as it's a bit buggy, especially when one is navigating between two apps such as moving from Tidal to Netflix it at times break the eARC.

Just watching Netflix or playing through Tidal it's fine.

In fact through Kodi am getting complete passthrough and even sound quality is way way better than FS4k. I see multiple options on Kodi on TV app that I don't see on FS4K.

Can someone please share pics of their sound settings of Kodi that is installed on Shield TV Pro?

I am not happy with TV app as it's a bit buggy, especially when one is navigating between two apps such as moving from Tidal to Netflix it at times break the eARC.

Just watching Netflix or playing through Tidal it's fine.

In fact through Kodi am getting complete passthrough and even sound quality is way way better than FS4k. I see multiple options on Kodi on TV app that I don't see on FS4K.

Can someone please share pics of their sound settings of Kodi that is installed on Shield TV Pro?
Kodi in general is bit buggy and at rare occasions with the shield also it crashes or requires a restart and may require re-installation. But navigation is lightning fast and butter smooth. Switching between apps is also quick and smooth. If you have no budget constraint and spend a lot of time with your HT just buy it eyes closed and i can guarantee 100% satisfaction. Selling it if not satisfied is very easy as the demand is high. Audio settings i have enabled pass through and selected best match for optimization. Will share screenshots later.

Members who want to get Nvidia Shield for cheaper rates, would give you one super trick to shelve atleast 100$.

You will start getting mails from them to write reviews for software products and get $10 dollars per review written.
This review can be of any software you use daily, chrome, excel, outlook, etc.
You get a virtual credit card once they approve the review on g2 account.
Go to amazon add amazon balance and use the virtual gift card, start adding 10-10 dollars.

If you manage to write 20-30 reviews, you can get the device for free.
This doesn't work on Indian Amazon account. The cards are only for US use.
I think this is a scam.

I think this is a scam.

Scam in terms of?
Do you mean scamming amazon or one doesn't get any coupon code?

I have wrote multiple reviews and got decent amount of coupons not only on g2 but other websites. Capterra is one for Indians too, from mere shaving cream to razer blade and what not. Some require to go physically, I had sent my barber once when there was a review for salon products. He ended up getting 8k in 2 hours. Companies do need reviews on their products to see what is good and bad so they can improve it. My friend has signed up for such reviews of Wifi routers, whenever new routers are launched he gets them.

I bought my Nvidia Shield using the same method, but did pay certain amount. I still have some credit left will be getting some IEMs or something useful this time.

This method is time consuming and they do check if the review is authentic, anything copied from other place gets flagged they are that good. Plus they require screenshots.

Don't want to go off thread but it would have been good if you would elaborate what it looked like scam for you?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back