Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

Which USB hub would you recommend for Shield Pro?

I am running out of USB ports. One one I have installed a SSD, and now I want to install gamepad and keyboard/mouse combo.

anyone used a USB DAC with the Shield? My tempotec sonata hd pro gets detected and even gives me option to route audio through but
I don't get audio from any of the apps which streams in stereo like youtube, toggled between high quality/stereo formats. I'm on latest sotware version.

I am getting Nvidia shield from US ,my brother who stays in US said does it work in India as in is use 120v and in INDIA 220 V can any one please help me out who are using in India who imported from US

Hello members,

I have been facing some issues from last few days in Shield 2017 version; as mentioned below:

1) I have subscribed to Aha app. But, while watching "Bheemla Nayak"; I didn't get dolby 5.1 audio as advertised.
2) Similarly with Zee5 app, I didn't get dolby 5.1 audio for "Valimai". But, getting dolby audio for Dream girl, Radhe & power.

After some discussions with their customer care, following some steps (cleared cache, data; uninstalling, reinstalling the apps) problem remained the same. They are still to arrange my call with the technical team.

3) While watching remux file of "A good day to die hard (2013) DTS HD 7.1" in kodi, audio dropped various times during the high sound scenes such as explosions, gunfights etc. Tried the same movie from different sources; but the problem remained as it is. The other movies with dts hd 7.1/ atmos etc. worked fine.

If any other Shield owners are facing the same issues; please provide the solution.

I am getting Nvidia shield from US ,my brother who stays in US said does it work in India as in is use 120v and in INDIA 220 V can any one please help me out who are using in India who imported from US
Yes. I got mine from US. The power adapter works on both 110V(US) and 220V(India).

Please suggest how can I install Tidal on Nvidia Shield Pro 2019.

Is there a working APK?

I tried a couple of APKs from Apkmirror but I get this error.

Attachments

• APK.jpeg
    APK.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 10
Hello members,

I have been facing some issues from last few days in Shield 2017 version; as mentioned below:

1) I have subscribed to Aha app. But, while watching "Bheemla Nayak"; I didn't get dolby 5.1 audio as advertised.
2) Similarly with Zee5 app, I didn't get dolby 5.1 audio for "Valimai". But, getting dolby audio for Dream girl, Radhe & power.

After some discussions with their customer care, following some steps (cleared cache, data; uninstalling, reinstalling the apps) problem remained the same. They are still to arrange my call with the technical team.

3) While watching remux file of "A good day to die hard (2013) DTS HD 7.1" in kodi, audio dropped various times during the high sound scenes such as explosions, gunfights etc. Tried the same movie from different sources; but the problem remained as it is. The other movies with dts hd 7.1/ atmos etc. worked fine.

If any other Shield owners are facing the same issues; please provide the solution.
Just a little update; I used my friend's MI Box & was able to resolve the Aha & Zee5 dolby audio issues.

* OTTs atleast in India don't support DTS and beyond. (Only DDPlus5.1 & Atmos{rip})

* On Nvidia check in Kodi settings>system settings>audio
Now on audio page at bottom left ull see another settings icon. Chnage that to Expert mode. The audio menu will expand and show more auido settings options. Make sure u select 7.1 and scroll to bottom of page where it will show all audio formats. Enable pass through.
There u need to check all ✅ formats then try playing ur HD movie 🍿
As long as ur personal media has HD track it will play 100%

Last edited:
Just a little update; I used my friend's MI Box & was able to resolve the Aha & Zee5 dolby audio issues.
I suspect kodi is the culprit if u are using it.
i face the same issue on amazon prime app in my shield
iam not a big fan of kodi i use plex so uninstall kodi fixed my issue :)

1. Is there a better player than Kodi?
2. Does anyone know a way to transfer files faster over network.

I transfer movies on my network drive via phone using ES file explorer on mobile but it's very slow. So I got an OTG to USB type C pendrive. Works well for now. (Don't hv PC/personal laptop, and don't wanna involve em in chain) but i want to be able to transfer over wifi faster. Not sure y they don't have "share it".

I use DLNA to stream kids' videos from the phone to the Android stick connected to the Projector. Works fluidly for 1080p files.

I use an app on the phone called "mediaserver" from Playstore. Select the folder and start the server. If you know how to add a DLNA source in Kodi, you're golden.

If not, download an app called "DLNA channels" from ATV Playstore. It will detect your server running on phone. Navigate to the file, and play it using any player you like. Done.

2. There is an app called "Send files to TV". Download it on both phone and client (ATV/ Shield). You can transfer files files fastly on the same network. Phone hotspot connected to shield's wifi.

I don't have a shield. But since it's Android, it shall work fine.

Last edited:
I use DLNA to stream kids' videos from the phone to the Android stick connected to the Projector. Works fluidly for 1080p files.

I use an app on the phone called "mediaserver" from Playstore. Select the folder and start the server. If you know how to add a DLNA source in Kodi, you're golden.

If not, download an app called "DLNA channels" from ATV Playstore. It will detect your server running on phone. Navigate to the file, and play it using any player you like. Done.

2. There is an app called "Send files to TV". Download it on both phone and client (ATV/ Shield). You can transfer files files fastly on the same network. Phone hotspot connected to shield's wifi.

I don't have a shield. But since it's Android, it shall work fine.
Thank you for the suggestions. I'm using network/Dlna only with storage as upnp/network storage. Nvidia has support for network ft like this but they have blocked the wireless data transfer speed due to some reason. Tried those apps also but nothing works.

Thank you for the suggestions. I'm using network/Dlna only with storage as upnp/network storage. Nvidia has support for network ft like this but they have blocked the wireless data transfer speed due to some reason. Tried those apps also but nothing works.

Is your Bluetooth on while you transfer from Phone? Try turning it off and attempt.​

Hello members,

Im also facing same issues with Aha and Zee5 App. Now RRR movie also logo showing 4K and Dolby atmos but while playing not getting either 5.1 or Atmos in AVR.. Could you resolve your issue with Aha and Zee5 apps for Dolby audio?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back