Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

Odd, I never had to configure anything. All I do is open the Netflix/Emby App in my Shield Pro, and if the title is ATMOS enabled, AVR automatically detects it.
Yes avr automatically detects only if nvidia audio setting is set to 7.1 ch with alow pass through.
By default it's 2 ch stereo settings.

for that kodi should work first :)
it has been tough for me to get kodi work in my system so far
edit: HTPC connected to the same network as shield
I was initially using VLC player, since i also had some issue with Kodi, now after the update Kodi works fine, just make sure you make necessary setting on kodi allow all passthrough for audio settings will work for you.

I was initially using VLC player, since i also had some issue with Kodi, now after the update Kodi works fine, just make sure you make necessary setting on kodi allow all passthrough for audio settings will work for you.
not able to map the folder which has content ( on my htpc on the same network as shield) stuck there
any solutions?

not able to map the folder which has content ( on my htpc on the same network as shield) stuck there
any solutions?
Do you mean not able to map in Kodi ? Assuming that's what you mean, you may have to add the folder manually (ie specify the path on the network)

Is this applicable for Nvidia Shield as well? did anyone try this ? let me know if your devices support Dolby Atmos for Disney Hotstar+

Is this applicable for Nvidia Shield as well? did anyone try this ? let me know if your devices support Dolby Atmos for Disney Hotstar+
Hotstar title display shows Atmos and 5.1 but plays only 5.1

The second 9.1+ HotFix has deployed on 9/21/2022 as 33.2.0.149 with the following changes:

Fixes bug where region specific apps could not be end user disabled/enabled
Fix for "Select a home app" show up after 9.1 upgrade
Fixes bug where region specific apps would not be visible after disabling
Disables anonymous access to smb server by default and adds developer option to allow anonymous access
“Enable Dolby Vision” notification will be suppressed after dismissing
Resolves issue where SHIELD would be unresponsive to BT devices up to 60 seconds after startup
Adds developer option to force Low Latency Dolby Vision if available
Resolves FFWD RWD crashing Plex Playback

To enroll in the hotfix program.

Source:-

I got the Shield 2019 via a friend, so I was looking to sell the old 2017 version that I have....can anybody suggest, what is the best place to sell it. Thanks

To enroll in the hotfix program.

Source:-
I bought a shield just a few months ago and I am facing most of the issues listed here. Thanks for sharing this. I enrolled in this hotfix program, is there anything that I need to know before updating it ? I have went through the caveats. So do I need to have Hotstar+Disney app pre-installed ?

Let me know if anyone had any success with the below issues.

I am using Kodi Nexus V20 Alpha 2, since I liked the crisp and borderless subtitles. I am using this version. Previously Netflix add on and Hotstar+ addon used to work really well with Kodi V19.3. Now hotstar isn't working with Kodi V19.3/4 or V20, it says APi error or subscription error. It is from BotAllen Repo.

Next issue is with Zee5 which doesn't play in 4k both in shield or my Sony android TV, but 4k works just fine on Firestick. Is there any Zee5 modded app that I can sideload that this feature works on shield as well ?

FYI, I had low volume issues with my Shield 2017 after recent update/reset, toggling "Reduce PCM volume to match Dolby reference" helped to bring the volume back to normal!

Back