Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

Is 4khdr contents in amazon prime working for other’s? For me all prime hdr contents are streamed only on SDR.

For me none of the contents are streaming HDR. Only getting uhd.1st image is from shield and 2nd is through tv app. Planning to get an Apple TV for ott and use shield only for kodi and local play back

Attachments

• 62B20384-1010-4513-966B-220028501A3D.jpeg
    62B20384-1010-4513-966B-220028501A3D.jpeg
    223.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 36C2D3CC-3E62-4ACB-B3BF-DB518334783A.jpeg
    36C2D3CC-3E62-4ACB-B3BF-DB518334783A.jpeg
    223.7 KB · Views: 52
For me none of the contents are streaming HDR. Only getting uhd.1st image is from shield and 2nd is through tv app. Planning to get an Apple TV for ott and use shield only for kodi and local play back
Dam it now same with Netflix as well. Both HDR and DV isn’t working. Also getting this pop up while re-installing the App

EDIT- Shield display settings changes to 4k 60hz automatically. Now set it to HDR and DV and all good. Just saved 17k. Was about to order the Apple TV 4K :)

Attachments

• E7439DE7-84F5-44DB-AF97-F52A6E915E24.jpeg
    E7439DE7-84F5-44DB-AF97-F52A6E915E24.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Dam it now same with Netflix as well. Both HDR and DV isn’t working. Also getting this pop up while re-installing the App

EDIT- Shield display settings changes to 4k 60hz automatically. Now set it to HDR and DV and all good. Just saved 17k. Was about to order the Apple TV 4K :)
Thanks for update! My 2019 version just arrived to replace 2017. Will have to check all the apps!

This is right thing to do. If the display resolution on Shield goes back to default, you may not see the HDR or DV. I'd suggest keeping it at '4k 23.59hz/HDR and DV ready' that's the frame rate at which most of the movies are mastered/created and you get the best result off the shield.
I have noticed one thing recently, some of the UHD movies on PrimeVideo not streaming in UHD but only shows HD. I do have Shield wired to a 200mbps connection and it works just fine with the DV/DA on Netflix though. I'm not sure if its specific to Shield, I shall try using the Google TV app as well and see if that makes any difference.
My major reason for using Shield is to use the Plex to watch all the BDRips. Although my ATV4K does a good job with streaming function.

Has anyone able to play HEVC(H.265) using Kodi or any other player? I have downloaded WAKANDA FOREVER 4K IMAX trailer from thedigitaltheater,com. It gets stuck at first frame then see frame change every couple of secs. Not sure if any setting to be done.

Has anyone able to play HEVC(H.265) using Kodi or any other player? I have downloaded WAKANDA FOREVER 4K IMAX trailer from thedigitaltheater,com. It gets stuck at first frame then see frame change every couple of secs. Not sure if any setting to be done.
This is the problem due to Kodi .delete cache .or reinstall the latest version.
It happens with so many files on Kodi.
Try to play using Plex or N media player .

I am planning to upgrade my full HD home theatre system to 4k with Dolby Atmos and for this I ordered Onkyo NR7100 AVR. Epson TW7100 Pj, Aeon fixed frame 4K fabric elite screen, and Monitor Audio C265 di pole surround speakers for height. I have a HTPC also in my room. Currently I am using Firestick 4K for OTT streaming. Is it necessary for me to go for higher-end streaming device like firestick max or Nividia shield pro for my 4K setup? As I have little knowledge in this field could some one enlighten me?

I am planning to upgrade my full HD home theatre system to 4k with Dolby Atmos and for this I ordered Onkyo NR7100 AVR. Epson TW7100 Pj, Aeon fixed frame 4K fabric elite screen, and Monitor Audio C265 di pole surround speakers for height. I have a HTPC also in my room. Currently I am using Firestick 4K for OTT streaming. Is it necessary for me to go for higher-end streaming device like firestick max or Nividia shield pro for my 4K setup? As I have little knowledge in this field could some one enlighten me?
Hi,
I am using 4K max and it plays max all streaming platforms in DD 5.1/atmos. I have no clue about Fire Stick 4K; but 4k max supports atmos in Hotstar and Netflix.

In case if you have local content to be played then Nvidia Shield makes sense, else Firestick 4K should plays all the OTT platforms with surround! Pl note some of the apps(Zee5, Aha etc) doesnt play 4K/Surround on Shield!

Back