Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

Greetings members,

can i use this as a replacement for m himedia 900b media player? streaming is one of my requirement abut i also have hd content on my HDD... can i play those file via the usb or will require a NAS. please help me out here.
U can stream and play files using HDD. Nvidia shield does a good job with both

Hi,

Even i face the same issue with shield. For dolby atmos content, the audio is lost for a second whereas clipping sound is heard in case of dts x content. Rest of the time, it sounds good. Maybe, it happens because of tremendous spike in sound.
I did a lot of tests and I think the culprit is the player. Kodi, vlc and mx all had the same problem. So I tried streaming from plex and it was flawless. Finally a solution :)

I did a lot of tests and I think the culprit is the player. Kodi, vlc and mx all had the same problem. So I tried streaming from plex and it was flawless. Finally a solution :)
Thank you. I will also try the same. Please mention the steps to do the streaming via plex.

Thank you. I will also try the same. Please mention the steps to do the streaming via plex.
In PC u need to install plex media server. Once u run the plex server it will be in the system tray we’re you have to right click and open plex this will open the web browser we’re you have to login. U can register using ur gmail or yahoo account. Once u logged in you will have movies, tv shows and music labels in the plex app. You have to add the path we’re u have stored all you contents. Next install plex app in ur shield and it will ask you to register displaying a code and a link. You have to go to the link in ur pc and enter the code. You have videos in YouTube as well

In PC u need to install plex media server. Once u run the plex server it will be in the system tray we’re you have to right click and open plex this will open the web browser we’re you have to login. U can register using ur gmail or yahoo account. Once u logged in you will have movies, tv shows and music labels in the plex app. You have to add the path we’re u have stored all you contents. Next install plex app in ur shield and it will ask you to register displaying a code and a link. You have to go to the link in ur pc and enter the code. You have videos in YouTube as well
Thanks a lot. I will do the needful.

Planning to get nVIDIA shield TV. I see getting from Amazon US is going to add some $103 to the current cost of $189 as tax+shipping. Do you guys have any ideas about other sources or discount that is available around!
Thank you.

Planning to get nVIDIA shield TV. I see getting from Amazon US is going to add some $103 to the current cost of $189 as tax+shipping. Do you guys have any ideas about other sources or discount that is available around!
Thank you.

Best way is to ask someone coming from US to bring one. Have seen the prices of shield on slickdeals site 20-30$ off too....

I am facing an issue with playing 4K content (Non-Atmos) on the shield. Both my TV and AVR don't support 4K so the only possible resolution is 1080p. The problem comes only when playing a 4K content through shield using KODI app, each and every second it gets stuck. All the devices have been set for 1080p output only.
The surprising thing is that if I play the same 4K content on VLC it works flawlessly. which means nVidia downsize the resolution from 4K to 1K for sure. What is wrong with KODI, does anyone else face the same issue here? Any add ons require for this?

Thanks in advance :)

I am facing an issue with playing 4K content (Non-Atmos) on the shield. Both my TV and AVR don't support 4K so the only possible resolution is 1080p. The problem comes only when playing a 4K content through shield using KODI app, each and every second it gets stuck. All the devices have been set for 1080p output only.
The surprising thing is that if I play the same 4K content on VLC it works flawlessly. which means nVidia downsize the resolution from 4K to 1K for sure. What is wrong with KODI, does anyone else face the same issue here? Any add ons require for this?

Thanks in advance :)
Have you tried re-installing kodi? Actually I didn’t like the experience with any of the players. Plex gives the best experience. So I stream movies using plex.

Have you tried re-installing kodi? Actually I didn’t like the experience with any of the players. Plex gives the best experience. So I stream movies using plex.

Haven't re-installed it, will do it in the evening. I am not pretty happy with the audio output of the PLEX (Just a personal preference though). Has anyone else faced the same issue with KODI?

Haven't re-installed it, will do it in the evening. I am not pretty happy with the audio output of the PLEX (Just a personal preference though). Has anyone else faced the same issue with KODI?
Ok but plex audio quality is much better IMO. Kodi lot of time I noticed loosing audio in height channels watching Atmos movies but never happens with plex. The surrounds also sound weak in kodi. I did test same content for hours and can assure you plex is better then any of the players.

Thanks a lot people, Reinstalled the KODI app, now it started playing 4K movies flawlessly and downscales to FULL HD without any issues.

Sad to see Geforce Now has no servers in ASIA want to try game streaming but ping 150+ due to only Europe server available..
Game is running but bit laggy due to european server..Geographical restriction :(:(

In the article it is mentioned you tube supports 5.1 audio in shield. Any one managed to get 5.1 output in youtube?
Yes I can confirm the mentioned video alone working PCM 5.1...not a lot content in 5.1 in Youtube others are just stereo...

Thanks for the Info :) thumbs up

can anyone with a shield (or any other android tv box) please let me know if it's possible to cast FROM it to the tv. a google search throws up that you can cast to these devices but was wondering if you can cast from them (like you would from your cellphone) to a tv & what the quality is like? that way if it's connected to an avr via hdmi and you dont want to switch on the avr to watch something you can just cast to the tv.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back