Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

I was able to download Amazon Music from Aptoide app. Try downloading an older version of the app (Amazon music). It is working fine for me.
Thanks for the tip, will do the same. ;)

As for the 5.1, I deduce that YouTube only supports stereo, even though lot of videos are claim they have 5.1. so you have to select Dolby Digital plus from your AVR which splits it to all 6 channels. Few links to support

Another link that explains about 5.1 support in YouTube

No, this is not the answer I was looking for. I'm looking at 5.1ch native sound on YouTube which Nvidia is capable of (which I have read somewhere). Thanks.

As far as i know, there are very few native 5.1 content in youtube. I had tried to search and play on my 2017 shield and it did play in 5.1.

As currently, i am not at my place, later (after 8 Dec) i can check again and update. If 2017 edition can play, then 2019 editionshould also play it...

As far as i know, there are very few native 5.1 content in youtube. I had tried to search and play on my 2017 shield and it did play in 5.1.

As currently, i am not at my place, later (after 8 Dec) i can check again and update. If 2017 edition can play, then 2019 editionshould also play it...
Thank you. Keep us posted. Also, mention a couple of native 5.1 videos on youtube.

Me too ordered shield pro. One of my friend who lives in Australia has placed an order with amazon US. It’ll be delivered to him & then he’ll carry it for me to India. Once I receive then will let you know about the first impression.

To compliment nvidia shield pro, I’ll have to upgrade my AVR as well with dolby vision & atmos hence planning for Denon X2500H or 2600H. Price difference is too much between them but the features are almost identical except 2600h having atmos virtualization, hdcp 2.3 & eARC. Are these features really useful? I have LG OLED C8 (4K with dolby vision) which doesn’t have eARC. Missed the shot as newer model C9 has eARC.

But in any case nvidia will be connected directly to AVR hence wont need to use ARC function. Even in case I need to watch movies from my HDD,it will be through kodi installed on nvidia.

so do I really need x2600H? It’s retailing around 65K and 2500h around 50K

Me too ordered shield pro. One of my friend who lives in Australia has placed an order with amazon US. It’ll be delivered to him & then he’ll carry it for me to India. Once I receive then will let you know about the first impression.

To compliment nvidia shield pro, I’ll have to upgrade my AVR as well with dolby vision & atmos hence planning for Denon X2500H or 2600H. Price difference is too much between them but the features are almost identical except 2600h having atmos virtualization, hdcp 2.3 & eARC. Are these features really useful? I have LG OLED C8 (4K with dolby vision) which doesn’t have eARC. Missed the shot as newer model C9 has eARC.

But in any case nvidia will be connected directly to AVR hence wont need to use ARC function. Even in case I need to watch movies from my HDD,it will be through kodi installed on nvidia.

Do you need atmos virtualisation, HDCP2.3 and e-arc? If yes then you will have to go for 2600 else 2500 is more then enough. I am not even sure how many of us even use or really utilise the advantages of HDCP 2.3. 15k is a big difference and if I where you I will go with the 2500 and save 15k

For your case, HDCP 2.3 and eARC is not required. Dolby Atmos virtualisation is for 5.1 setup to simulate overhead speakers, which for me is not a big deal.

So i dont see a case for you to consider 2600h. Save money and go for 2500h.

I think the problem is with the latest version of the YouTube app.

Earlier I used to get 5.1 sound without a problem in YouTube. Now it doesn't work.

I have a Nvidia shield. Both old and new version.

Has any one compared the streaming quality on the shield tv pro to the apple tv 4k?

I’m also worried if the shield can play 4k rips as good as my Rtx equipped PC.

Yeah, im using it since a year. Amazing device. I got it from Canada for 230$, Indian pricing is ridiculous.
I wanted to get a HTPC for HT purpose, but since it was costly, got the Nvidia Shield and it works just fine.
Btw, which RTX card you are using ?

Ah. I was about to order the Shield Pro but it just went out of stock :confused:. The standard shield should be good enough?

I'm using the Aorus 2080.

Ah. I was about to order the Shield Pro but it just went out of stock :confused:. The standard shield should be good enough?

The Standard Shield is good enough for me. I download and watch a lot of 2160p HDR Remuxes, i have encountered no problem so far. It supports dual 4TB HDDs at once so that is good too.
But the Shield Pro, i read has a upgraded Tegra X1 processor and a extra GB of Ram which is always good. Wait a while and get the Pro if you can spend.
I dont know if the Pro is the Nvidia Shield 2.
Also, the remote on the Standard Shield is horrible. I use the Shield App on the phone and its better.

There are other sites you can try your hand at. Just check the partner sites listed by nvidia website. https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/shield/shop/.
Which country you are trying to order from?

I myself bought form newegg.com.

There are other sites you can try your hand at. Just check the partner sites listed by nvidia website. https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/shield/shop/.
Which country you are trying to order from?

I myself bought form newegg.com.

I was ordering from amazon.com. Thing is it has to be delivered by this weekend and newegg/others have really high 2 day shipping costs..

The Standard Shield is good enough for me. I download and watch a lot of 2160p HDR Remuxes, i have encountered no problem so far. It supports dual 4TB HDDs at once so that is good too.
But the Shield Pro, i read has a upgraded Tegra X1 processor and a extra GB of Ram which is always good. Wait a while and get the Pro if you can spend.
I dont know if the Pro is the Nvidia Shield 2.
Also, the remote on the Standard Shield is horrible. I use the Shield App on the phone and its better.

I meant the 2019 non-pro shield btw.

@generalxxxstark non-pro model should be good enough, I have seen some news regarding it unable to run 64-bit apps, eventhough the hardware supports it. For a general user I dont think it will be of any problems.

Back