Objectivity vs Subjectivity

Most respected sir @Passive_audio_enthusiast
Only you can put an end to this, with all due respect to everyone, including mods.
Kindly call it a day. Please. Please. Please.
Please, kindly request you to request mods to close thread.
Regards

Regards
But why close?

Aren't we all mature adults here?
Sometimes emotions may run high.....but does it warrant a closure of sane deliberations?

Even though it may feel like flogging the dead horse, I feel we may all benefits with the difference of opinions (off course keeping aside this being personal :)

Sir, I agree.
But wouldn't you - or even the mods - agree that it belongs to the General Lounge than in QnA?

Of course, not taking anything away from @Passive_audio_enthusiast

Even they may not have envisaged what new hell this thread would be.

Why close a thread it it is not getting offensive and the discussions are civil, flogging dead horses or not. One can always stay off a thread now can't he. Just saying. This thread has kept me entertained and informed throughout it's pages. :)

Last edited:
Only you can put an end to this, with all due respect to everyone, including mods.
Regards
What’s your problem sir ? You can unwatch it or ignore it. Why unnecessarily calling the Emergency act ?

Regards
this was created as an offshoot of another thread hence not really started by him...just has his name since he brought the topic into this discussion

This is a great thread for reference. so many inputs from either side, Lets keep it on as long as Forum Rules are being followed ! am sure as a community we have only learnt from the information given.

this was created as an offshoot of another thread hence not really started by him...just has his name since he brought the topic into this discussion

This is a great thread for reference. so many inputs from either side, Lets keep it on as long as Forum Rules are being followed ! am sure as a community we have only learnt from the information given.
Sure, sir.

Why close a thread it it is not getting offensive and the discussions are civil, flogging dead horses or not. One can always stay off a thread now can't he. Just saying. This thread has kept me entertained and informed throughout it's pages. :)
I have a feeling it has continued to be civil partly because of repeated reminders from @arj on the forum rules.

You are right in alluding to the fact that the easiest way to derail a discussion nowadays (not just here) is by posting offensive comments or by using obnoxious language.

Hey, maybe we are all somewhat enlightened here by now and know enough to watch out for the signs?

Congratulations to all of us!

This is an old test - but it is still very relevant given all the discussions we end up having on this topic

On a good resolution system, i do end up getting this right almost each time..
But the effort/concentration required to get even this right is so high that it makes me wonder how people genuinely hear differences between something that is orders of magnitudes subtler (say power cable A vs Power cable B)

Something as blatantly different (mp3 vs wav) should have been very easy to distinguish between otherwise, no?

This is an old test - but it is still very relevant given all the discussions we end up having on this topic

On a good resolution system, i do end up getting this right almost each time..
But the effort/concentration required to get even this right is so high that it makes me wonder how people genuinely hear differences between something that is orders of magnitudes subtler (say power cable A vs Power cable B)

Something as blatantly different (mp3 vs wav) should have been very easy to distinguish between otherwise, no?
As soon as i saw "speed of sound" on the track list, i knew i was going to like the 128kbps file better. I got that right without much fuss :p

<snip>
I am really surprised myself with the results of this test. Used earplugs on laptop (AKG something).
Result:
Tracks 1/2/3/6 as uncompressed WAV
Track 4 as 128kbps
Track 5 as 320kbps

Now in a lighter vein, tracks 4 and 5 are by female artists.
So does it mean I'm tone deaf to women? My wife definitely thinks so :p

Cheers,
Raghu

I say if this forum has to be lively- I say let’s have strong opinions. That’s how a spirited discourse can happen. But yes let’s encourage the merit of arguments……without getting personal. We all are learning from each other. And that’s how humans evolve. I even say let’s have battle of merits……excruciating debunking of myths ….tons of evidential evidence and merit.

And off course remember at the end that our ‘subjective’ love of music and ht has brought together as a collective. The debate do seems much better if you have taken down a peg or two of fine whiskey. ;)

Regards
Hi K-pad, hope all is well with you?

Just ignore this thread, fanboys will be fanboys & they will never come to a solution :)

Instead they will call each one names like Egoistic, Show offs or foxes who find grapes sour etc.

You can even ignore individual members easily, pm me if you wan't some tips.

Cheers.

My pick KEF R11;
Why :
Almost flat frequency. - let’s hear the recording without adding or removing much

Excellent directivity - directivity is mostly forward so, less affected from sidewalls like traditional speakers. Placement isn’t going to be a big issue in the room in terms of the sidewall reflection.

Excellent low frequency extension-can work without a sub

Low distortion- now this is where it gets really interesting. If you look at this graph below. This is how we calculate distortion in percentage

We can hear distotion in a different way for different frequencies. But anything with these numbers are close to inaudible. What does that mean, I can push up the loudness levels of several bands here without distortion reaching audble levels. So this speaker can be eqed to literally any other speaker and still will not add distortion doing so.
View attachment 66185
The soundstage of this speaker is limited to the directivity to the front. So if you remove the shadow flare may be it would work sideways(I won’t do it)

This also means if I play a 40 hz tone, it vibrates equivalent to its time domain equivalent in terms of strokes and low distotion suggests there is no “overhang or swinging” by the drivers meaning in audiophile terms- excellent timing.

4. Coaxial with no problems exhibited by traditional coaxial. It’s very hard to get a coaxial right. Problem is you have a midrange that would vibrate which is the wave guide for the tweeter.

Kef managed to fix this problem with the tangerine waveguide and the ribs on the cone to direct it without any flaws.

Also coaxial means the best possible coherence between mid and the tweeter for accurate soundstage representation. Cymbals won’t sound above or below the vocals if recording doesn’t have it.

To me, there is nothing better than this you can buy under 5 lakhs may be even in 10 lakhs.

The stock sound has some flaws (minor) but with little bit eq it’s tunable to perfection.

Low impedance change with frequency - means it has lower amount of sound change with amp impedance change

High sensitivity- low number of parts in crossover (it’s laughable!) sensibility is high due to less power wastage.

Driver engineering has taken huge steps further hear as I won’t be surprised to see even less parts in the next gen.
I don't need any convincing insofar as KEFs are concerned. Objectively or subjectively, they reign supreme to my ears and that's all the persuasion i require! :D

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back