OLED burn in queries

nomad47

Hey all,

Recently I procured a LG C8 55" and man o man, that's one gorgeous TV. However every OLED review and discussion inherently comes to one point, "burn in". In all reviews it is said that watching a lot of sports or news increases the risk of burn in. So here are my queries

1. All the DTH have their logo permanent on screen. And Airtel being Red, is it bad for the TV to be used with DTH.
2. How high a risk it is to use the TV for watching World Cup matches?

I have the same concern for my newly acquired C8. I am on a binge watch of old GoT episodes and the hotstar logo on the top right seems candidate for potential burn-in, in addition to all the subtitles at the bottom. After doing some research on the net, I have reduced brightness by selecting Cinema picture mode, enabled screen shift and logo dimming and force pixel refresh once a week. Not sure what else can be done.

I have the same concern for my newly acquired C8. I am on a binge watch of old GoT episodes and the hotstar logo on the top right seems candidate for potential burn-in, in addition to all the subtitles at the bottom. After doing some research on the net, I have reduced brightness by selecting Cinema picture mode, enabled screen shift and logo dimming and force pixel refresh once a week. Not sure what else can be done.

I have put OLED light to 30 as my room is dark. Left the default settings for HDR and DV.
Screen shift and logo dimming is also enabled. Additionally I have changed Colors of subtitles to yellow. The white subtitles are distracting in HDR or DV.

Dont' do the pixel refresh too frequently if you are not seeing any burn in or image retention signs. I read somewhere that it may reduce the panel life. The TV automatically does pixel refresh on its own if you run it for more than 4 hours at a stretch plus some other algorithms. Just make sure you always keep it in standby and don't turn it off completely. Hotstar logo is semi transparent so I don't think would cause burn-in. I have set the logo dimming feature to high just in case.

I have put OLED light to 30 as my room is dark. Left the default settings for HDR and DV.
Screen shift and logo dimming is also enabled. Additionally I have changed Colors of subtitles to yellow. The white subtitles are distracting in HDR or DV.
If you are using Netflix you can change the subtitles to semi transparent. You can do this only from the browser. I did that but it was too faint then I also selected the shadow option and they are quite good now.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back