OLED uniformity thread

Seems to be good panel, no prominent bands. Some faint bands are visible, are they visible to you in person or is camera over exposing.

If you want to view torture test scene, then play in a dark room OA - Netflix - S02 - E02 - starting at 1:06:16, where camera drifts up the stairs, if there are any bands, this scene will show it.
Yeah camera is slightly over exposing it. Looks little better in person

@Marakk can you check, whether in your new panel, is any banding visible in The OA - Netflix - S02 - E02 - starting at 1:06:16, panning scene where camera drifts up the stairs, when viewed in a dark room. In all the content i have viewed till now, this is the most problematic scene.

@Marakk can you check, whether in your new panel, is any banding visible in The OA - Netflix - S02 - E02 - starting at 1:06:16, panning scene where camera drifts up the stairs, when viewed in a dark room. In all the content i have viewed till now, this is the most problematic scene.

Sure. Give me an hour. Need to let it get dark. Lol

Oh damn! It is indeed a horror show for banding. So in the new one, there's faint band on the extreme left and then one on the right. They are really faint though. I can ignore these. The previous one would have wrecked this shot. I hope they'll get better with time too, vain as that hope might be, but the panel is changing. I took a photo just now, and the areas on the bottom have gotten slightly brighter. More meaningful changes will happen over a few days. Will post a new pic here after a week. I did cave in a do a manual refresh too, but won't do anymore. Lol. I'm impatient.

Oh damn! It is indeed a horror show for banding. So in the new one, there's faint band on the extreme left and then one on the right. They are really faint though. I can ignore these. The previous one would have wrecked this shot. I hope they'll get better with time too, vain as that hope might be, but the panel is changing. I took a photo just now, and the areas on the bottom have gotten slightly brighter. More meaningful changes will happen over a few days. Will post a new pic here after a week. I did cave in a do a manual refresh too, but won't do anymore. Lol. I'm impatient.
I will check this scene later tonight

Current condition of the panel. 21 hours, 6 short compensation cycles and one hour long one.

Attachments

• IMG_20200107_182733_compress75.jpg
    IMG_20200107_182733_compress75.jpg
    1,015.9 KB · Views: 29
I checked marco polo and mindhunters and in both no prominent banding. Normal viewing you wouldn't even notice

Yup! You should skip checking this scenes. You lucked out. Lol. Chill and enjoy. No point obsessing about it for you. GK1 needs to decide whether replacement is needed now itself or not. I have accepted mine. Will keep checking it to see and report how and if it improves in the first 100 hours. Then just forget about it.

I checked marco polo and mindhunters and in both no prominent banding. Normal viewing you wouldn't even notice

Oh! My parents didn't notice that defect at all in content watching even with the previous panel. They weren't pixel peeping I guess. It's only us enthusiasts who get these obsessions, but then, it's only because we care about PQ.

Yup! You should skip checking this scenes. You lucked out. Lol. Chill and enjoy. No point obsessing about it for you. GK1 needs to decide whether replacement is needed now itself or not. I have accepted mine. Will keep checking it to see and report how and if it improves in the first 100 hours. Then just forget about it.
Yeah I am not testing much. Just checked those two scenes to see how the panel performs. Will check this OA scene which will be the last.

Current condition of the panel. 21 hours, 6 short compensation cycles and one hour long one.
Definitely this panel is better than your previous one, good that you went in for a replacement.
Is this a RAW photo, the 3 big faint bands in the photo are they visible to naked eye? or apparent only in photos.

Definitely this panel is better than your previous one, good that you went in for a replacement.
Is this a RAW photo, the 3 big faint bands in the photo are they visible to naked eye? or apparent only in photos.

They are visible but quite faint. Like have to wait for eyes to adjust for a few minutes and then only can I see them. In content, like the OA scene, faintly visible only. Not visible to eyes at 10%. The previous band was faintly visible even at 20%.

Do you assume the number of short comp cycles undergone from the usage hours? or is there a way to know the precise number from service menu.

Can you tell the procedure for accessing service menu and therein where to find the number of comp cycles undergone.

You'll need a service remote or a phone with IR sensor and use an app. Service remote can be bought from AliExpress.

@Marakk , i have finally decided to try for a panel replacement. What was the procedure in your case. When you called the helpline to lodge a service request, what did you mention, that the TV has uniformity/ banding issues?

And when the technician visited your place, you showed them the slides or problematic content? Did the service engineer did any of his own testing like running his own slides or test patterns etc?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back