Onkyo 3300 . No HDMI output. Help!

anshu22

Hi

i have a onkyo 3300 for about a year now and all of a sudden today i cant get any video out of the HDMI. i have a wd media player in one port and a PS3 in the second one. switching to both the inputs i get a 'no signal' on my tv.
when i switch to the 3rd empty hdmi input(cable) i get a blue screen and i can access the onkyo onscreen menu. so i know the reciever is outputing the feed but when i switch back to the other 2 inputs i get the no signal error on tv.

everything has been working fine till date. dont know what happened today
i have already tried the following troubleshooting
1. i reset the reciever to factory default settings. no success

2. i have swapped the hdmi cables between the empty and occupied ones. no success.

3. i tried directly connecting both the ps3 and wd media player to the TV to check the feed and both are functioning properly. just when i route them through the av reciever i get no output on the TV

4. i have power cycled the unit and replugged everything back but still the same problem

i dont know what to do from here. can the experts tell me what could be the issue and what to do next?

took the avr to the onkyo service center. they say the hdmi card needs to be replaced. they have ordered one. waiting to recieve the part.

anyone else has faced issue with the hdmi card malfunctioning. mind you the avr still functions properly thought the optical link?

Maybe the HDMI plug could have been plugged in while either one of the unit was powered on, causing it to either short-circuit or go into protection mode.

I had experienced similar problem when connecting the HDMI from the avr and notebook when both were powered on. The notebook's graphic card was replaced.

In another instance, I had a HDMI cable connected to the avr which was powered on, while the other end was naked. Somehow, the cable fell off and touched my feet before hitting the laminated floor. The unit powered off immediately. After restarting there was no signal from the HDMI port.....The HDMI card and sound cards were replaced.

I would advise on switching off all units when connecting cables. As an extra precaution, I always remove the power cable from the wall plug.....wouldn't want to fry my new equipment now.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back