Onkyo 3400, Stabilizer required

samy

Dear forum members, I bought a Onkyo 3400 a month back..I am anyway extremely happy with its performance but I am noticing a problem with this set. Whenever there is a fluctuation in the voltage or low voltage situation, the set power supply trips/switch offs and switches on...This thing makes me worried a lot. I can see my Blu ray (Sony S370) and my Plasma (Panasonic 42X20) works perfectly alright during the fluctuation or low voltage period. I called up Onkyo customer service..they told me it is quite normal for this set as it has a massive transformer...He suggested me to buy a good Computer UPS...I got little surprised on that as I believe UPS is only meant for computers and not for home theatres...

My question/query to the member, could you please suggest me any alternate mode of power stabiliser which is available within the price range of 3k or should I stick to the option of buying UPS...

Please help.......

Buy a line interactive ups. It has built in voltage stabilizer unlike offline ups. I am using one and it works perfect. A better but expensive option is online ups.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back