Onkyo 9300 thx spares needed

nirmal_kumar

HI ALL,

I HAVE BEEN A HAPPY CUSTOMER OF ONKYO 9300THX
for whole 5 years...my amplifier( HTR-980 ) died last week ..only video no audio..unfortunately no service center in chennai..finally found someone and when i opened the housing . i found out the DSP CHIP < < DTS CHIP >> WAS BURNT completely. when contacted onkyo support they said spareS not available

i am looking for someone who owns a similar system who is ready to sell it off ( JUST RECIEVER ) so i can salvage the parts ..

pls help:indifferent14:

nirmal

HI ALL,

for whole 5 years...my amplifier( HTR-980 ) died last week ..only video no audio..unfortunately no service center in chennai..finally found someone and when i opened the housing . i found out the DSP CHIP < < DTS CHIP >> WAS BURNT completely. when contacted onkyo support they said spareS not available

i am looking for someone who owns a similar system who is ready to sell it off ( JUST RECIEVER ) so i can salvage the parts ..

nirmal

It is best to replace the HDMI board as it is easy than a chip replacement as it needs more competent person.. And in my opinion, our technicians aren't up to that mark doing it..

If you have the original purchase bill, Onkyo chennai can accommodate your repair after few requests.. Speak to Jai Kumar (Area sales managr) of Onkyo chennai and request for help (Repeat if reqd)..

Depending on how much the replacement HDMI board, decide whether you want to replace (or) pick a new AVR..

From my personal experience, i spent 30K in replacing few parts & HDMI board for my Onkyo TX NR 818 and couldn't get it to work..

Anyways take an informed decision..

HI ALL,

nirmal
Hi - any update on repair of your AVR? Could you find a competent person in Chennai to repair Onkyo receiver? I I brought on Onkyo receiver (TX-NR575) from US last week, after transit everything works except no sound - something might happen during transit.
Looking for someone to rectify....

Thanks
patka

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back