Onkyo-HT-S3200's will support HDMI full resoution (1920x1080)?

sarath

i have HP laptop with HDMI, screen resolution is 1024x768, so when i connected my laptop directly to LCDTV(40") video is coming only small resolution(1024x768). i m thinking to buy Onkyo model, and my plan is to connect Laptop HDMI out to Onkyo and then Onkyo HDMI out to LCD, then i will get full resoution(1920x1080) or what? please tell me..?

oh very bad... :sad:
thanks for ur repy
Any other receiver will support like this?

AVR like Denon 1910 (42k)can do that.you can think of cheap solution as ext TV tuner(2.5k) which can change the resolution.

i have HP laptop with HDMI, screen resolution is 1024x768, so when i connected my laptop directly to LCDTV(40") video is coming only small resolution(1024x768). i m thinking to buy Onkyo model, and my plan is to connect Laptop HDMI out to Onkyo and then Onkyo HDMI out to LCD, then i will get full resoution(1920x1080) or what? please tell me..?

Can you check your max resolution on your HP laptop.
I have a 3+ year old HP Pavilion 5200. It has an nVidia GeForce-Go7200 video card. I can get 1920x resolution on mine. However, the display on the laptop isn't capable of displaying it. On my laptop there's only VGA out, but I can have this displayed on a monitor which supports such high res.

Since you have a new'er laptop which supports HDMI, I'm sure it should support higher resolutions (HDMI is useless otherwise). Can you mention which model you have?

Also, once you output your display to your TV, after that, again can you check the resolution settings? (in case you see an option that says hide resolutions not supported by my current device, un-check that option)

hi,
My laptop model is "HP Pavilion dv4-1211tu", and maximum resolution is 1280 x 800 only, It has 1 VGA port and 1 HDMI, it wont have 'nVidia GeForce'.
After connecting Laptop's output to LCD, the laptop resolution settings is same as before. there is no change.

The model you have specified is 14.1 inch and the maximum Display Resolution (dpi), 1280 x 800 only. If your only requirement is to watch HD movies or videos then its better you go for Media players like WDTV or WDTV live , BriteView - Cinematube, Xtreamer , Asus O play... these media players can play videos in the resolution you are expecting. But if you are looking for a HT system then search this forum.

The model you have specified is 14.1 inch and the maximum Display Resolution (dpi), 1280 x 800 only. If your only requirement is to watch HD movies or videos then its better you go for Media players like WDTV or WDTV live , BriteView - Cinematube, Xtreamer , Asus O play... these media players can play videos in the resolution you are expecting. But if you are looking for a HT system then search this forum.

Where i can get "WDTV or WDTV live" in Bangalore?

At last i got it....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i connected my laptop to LCD thru VGA and then in laptop display properties it was showing 2 screen resolution settings, i changed 2nd screen resolution setting to 1920x1080 and click the option as default monitor.
If any one have doubt theni will send screen-short.
Now i dont need any HD media players like WDTV.... only i need to buy Onkyo home theater(Onkyo-HT-S3200)... :)
thank you all.....

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back