Onkyo HT s3400 Owner's thread

Hi friends,

is it possible to fit the ONKYO HT-S3400 speakers with wall brackets? like is there any option for screw fitting?

guys

Want recommendations for centre speaker and fron speakers as not very happy with the onkyo in the box speakers budget 25000 for the set

can you pls let me know the options i have to pair it with onkyo ht-s3400 and has anybody done this and acheived superior quality or am i wasting time and money on a entry level avr and speaker upgrade wont acheive much.
Need your guidance to take a decision

thanks in adv.

hi

setup tips

ensure speaker wires are not out of phase

adjust speaker distance from your listening position for all speakers

review change in listening quality at different levels using dynamic eq and dynamic volume option.

adjust speaker levels using a 5.1 DVD playback to get to a stage that dialogues are clear and crisp and surrond and left and right fronts dont over power the center speaker yet you get desired effects from the speakers during action sequence.

Ensure that your speakers are set to small for front and back and subwoofer as yes and set crossover to 120

and then just play around for a month with different options to reach a stage where you feel you have acheived optimum settings

Guys yesterday I bought Onkyo 3500 and today when the guy came to set it up he was saying that I would need two optical cables to connect the AVR to the TV and the other to connect to the DTH Box. Can someone suggest a good brand for this and how much would it cost? He is saying I will be able to get the 5.1 effect from the DTH channels only if I connect with the optical cable. For HDMI I read couple of threads which said branded and unbranded there isn't much of a difference is this the same for Optical cable?

Guys yesterday I bought Onkyo 3500 and today when the guy came to set it up he was saying that I would need two optical cables to connect the AVR to the TV and the other to connect to the DTH Box. Can someone suggest a good brand for this and how much would it cost? He is saying I will be able to get the 5.1 effect from the DTH channels only if I connect with the optical cable. For HDMI I read couple of threads which said branded and unbranded there isn't much of a difference is this the same for Optical cable?

If u r using tata sky hd 5.1 works with hdmi no optical requitred . Y do uneed to connect tv to avr with optical as u are using sat box anyways yes hdmi branded or not doesnot make much diff not sure of optical

Guys is it possible for me to get Audio Return Channel feature using Onkyo 3500 and my Samsung D6000 TV. Both of these support ARC. However when I connect using my HDMI Cable I'm unable to get the TV output onto my Onkyo 3500. I checked all the required settings.
Can someone help?

I bought the onkyo s3400 system a little while back as a starter and I'm getting that upgrade itch again. I want to upgrade the receiver but I feel the speakers have to go first.

This is the speaker set I'm looking at:

"MartinLogan MLT-2 5.1CH Premium Home Theater Speaker System Black System"

Amazon.com: MartinLogan MLT-2 Home Theater System (Black): Electronics

I know I won't be able to use the sub because the s3400 doesn't support active subs, but would the receiver be able to handle the speakers alright? Thanks in advance.

I bought the onkyo s3400 system a little while back as a starter and I'm getting that upgrade itch again. I want to upgrade the receiver but I feel the speakers have to go first.

This is the speaker set I'm looking at:

"MartinLogan MLT-2 5.1CH Premium Home Theater Speaker System Black System"

Amazon.com: MartinLogan MLT-2 Home Theater System (Black): Electronics

I know I won't be able to use the sub because the s3400 doesn't support active subs, but would the receiver be able to handle the speakers alright? Thanks in advance.

hello everybody

I am currently going through the upgrade itch. and i want ro replace my speaker sets with Wharfedale Obsidian 600.
3 questions

1) Will this be a good buy for my onkyo hts 3400 receiver i.e will i see/hear a distinct improvement in the sound/effects.

2) can i just remove the subwoofer if i go with this speaker set as it seems to have a subwoofer within the floor standers itself.

3) Will the speaker set overpower the receiver i have i.e is this too much for my receiver to handle

thanks

Hoping to see some knowledgeable answers to Ashutosh78's question above.

Would the Obsidian 600's towers - rated at 200 watts - be adequately driven by the Onkyo HTS 3400's amp (110 watts per channel) for normal listening volumes?

Has anyone auditioned this combo?

Hello friends...

I need a help.I just recieved package from an e bay seller onkyo hts 3400......it is written on the box onkyo HTS 3400(B)???

what does this B mean??
am I getting the right product...is this same onkyo hts 3400 or any other model?

thank you friends

Hope this video is of help...Onkyo HT-3400 Unboxing - YouTube
Watch the start of the video....
Happy unboxing !

Hello friends...

I need a help.I just recieved package from an e bay seller onkyo hts 3400......it is written on the box onkyo HTS 3400(B)???

what does this B mean??
am I getting the right product...is this same onkyo hts 3400 or any other model?

thank you friends

Hello friends...

what does this B mean??

thank you friends

Most of the times 'B' stands for BLACK color for the item. So do not worry it is actually the same HT

Thanks

thank you:clapping: manni for your valuable info.now please inform me that is it recomended to run the onkyo (or any) av reciever from direct wall outlet 230 volt

OR via a power supply for clean power.if yes
UPS??
VOLTAGE STABILISER??
normal spike guard??
Or WHAT??

I do not have avoltage issue here.but still I dont want to damage the reciever

Even if there is no voltage problems, it is better to use a stabilizer and a spike guard. Stabilizer should be atleast 1KVA to handle the avr load. Vguard Digi200 is recommended. For spike guard use belkin.

hello everybody

I am currently going through the upgrade itch. and i want ro replace my speaker sets with Wharfedale Obsidian 600.
3 questions

1) Will this be a good buy for my onkyo hts 3400 receiver i.e will i see/hear a distinct improvement in the sound/effects.

2) can i just remove the subwoofer if i go with this speaker set as it seems to have a subwoofer within the floor standers itself.

3) Will the speaker set overpower the receiver i have i.e is this too much for my receiver to handle

thanks

No answers Guys

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back