Onkyo SR608 Front Left Speaker terminal issue - Need your inputs

rameshbitra

I have been using Onkyo SR608 (European version bought in UK) receiver for a couple of years (initial 6-7 months was lying idle) and it was all good. Last weekend, when I wanted to watch a movie, I didn't get to hear any sound from front left speaker :sad:. I went to speaker calibration mode in receiver in which we can increase the individual speakers dB and didn't hear any sound from the left speaker however i could hear from other channels.

In order to narrow down the issue, I switched the speaker wires from left to right and vice versa. This time, I could hear sound from left speakers and not on the right speaker. I think this could be an issue with left speaker terminal in receiver. My AV rack is cramped right now. Over the weekend, I will disconnect other speaker wires and try only with floor standers and check.

In the meantime, need your suggestions/advice on this issue. If its a speaker terminal issue in receiver, how much would it cost to fix this?

I would first check the source cables...DVD/bluray/CD Player, swap output cables around to the receiver ( Right to Left).
Try the tuner section of the receiver and see if you are getting both channels, if so, either one of the source cables is bad or needs reseating (both ends).
Do a processor reset, refer to manual, if things are not working out even after reset, you need to get it serviced.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back