Onkyo + TATA SKY(Normal STB)

travel_living

Hi,

I have got Onkyo 3400. Let me first explain my Setup.
MY Sony TV is connected to AVR with HDMI1 (BD/DVD) port.
MY Tata Sky STB is connected to AVR on CAB/SAT RC PORT(Video/L/R) - YRW

NOW, Only i can hear Sound on my HT. NO PIX :( ; when i switch to CAB/SAT on HT.
Pl let me know if i m missing something..
thnx

your tv is now connected at athe reciever input(bd/dvd-hdmi1), you need to connect the the tv to hdmi out then you will get picture when cab/sat is selected

Hi,

I have got Onkyo 3400. Let me first explain my Setup.
MY Sony TV is connected to AVR with HDMI1 (BD/DVD) port.
MY Tata Sky STB is connected to AVR on CAB/SAT RC PORT(Video/L/R) - YRW

NOW, Only i can hear Sound on my HT. NO PIX :( ; when i switch to CAB/SAT on HT.
Pl let me know if i m missing something..
thnx

Yes, that's the correct behavior of HT-S3400.
See page 48 of the manual.
Basically you cannot mix input and output type for video signals (Component/Composite/HDMI). HT-S3400 doesn't convert between types of video signal. Which means you cannot have video input in Composite and get video output in HDMI or Component. The video input & output have to be the same type.

clipboard011.png

You have connected your video output via HDMI, so to get video on your TV the video input has to be HDMI, which means you will have to connect TATA Sky STB via HDMI IN.
But then you have a regular TATA Sky STB and it doesn't have HDMI output. So the only option to get video via HT-S3400 is as follows:
TATA Sky STB(Composite OUT)---Composite Cable--->(Composite IN)HT-S3400
HT-S3400(Composite OUT)---Composite Cable--->(Composite IN)Sony TV

OR

To watch TATA Sky, you can totally bypass HT-S3400 and directly connect TATA Sky to the TV
TATA Sky STB(Composite OUT)---Composite Cable--->(Composite IN)Sony TV

Back