ONKYO TX-SR608 Speaker Recommendations

SmotyPrince

Hi,

i have brought ONKYO TX-SR608 need help for setting up Speakers, i like to have Front 2 Tower speakers, my budget 55,000 /- Rs.

Hi,

i have brought ONKYO TX-SR608 need help for setting up Speakers, i like to have Front 2 Tower speakers, my budget 55,000 /- Rs.

My requirement is exactly same. Want to have two FS to start with audio setup. I know this has been discussed at many places on this forum and that the topic is very subjective, but would appreciate direct advises from experts before spending on it. My budget is around 30k +/- 20% or even more if choice is really awesome. My interests:
Country/Blue
80's/90's rock/pop
Old / new (popular) Bollywood
Gazals/soul
Any good music that sounds good to ears

SmotyPrince, how much did u pay for the AVR? I am getting it from USA this week for around Rs 17k.

Do not choose speakers by AVR ... First choose the speakers you like and then find an AVR or AMP to drive them ... Now that both of you have purchased an AVR....

Better listen to the speakers based on the choice of music u listen to , room size , budget , acoustics , 5.1 speaker package or build 5.1 with FS / BS and other combo..

Tons of brands available in the market....... its a long journey to deicde on the perfect pair of speakers....

Go thru the speaker review threads by Rana_kriti, mpw, denom,frank_mehta and sonosphere .(just to get an idea) ..

Good luck in the speaker hunt.:)

Guys, please search the forum. At your budget, you can buy FS speakers from brands such as Wharfedale, QA, MS, ........ etc.

As I have said many times before, you HAVE to audition speakers yourselves before you spend your money. Buying based on advise alone is very very foolish.

Cheers

Do not choose speakers by AVR ... First choose the speakers you like and then find an AVR or AMP to drive them ... Now that both of you have purchased an AVR....

Better listen to the speakers based on the choice of music u listen to , room size , budget , acoustics , 5.1 speaker package or build 5.1 with FS / BS and other combo..

Tons of brands available in the market....... its a long journey to deicde on the perfect pair of speakers....

Go thru the speaker review threads by Rana_kriti, mpw, denom,frank_mehta and sonosphere .(just to get an idea) ..

Good luck in the speaker hunt.:)
Thanks Kittu.. I have been going through the forum and various reviews for the past two days.. (an information overload :) ) hopefully I will get a good pair of FS when I get back to India.
Guys, please search the forum. At your budget, you can buy FS speakers from brands such as Wharfedale, QA, MS, ........ etc.

As I have said many times before, you HAVE to audition speakers yourselves before you spend your money. Buying based on advise alone is very very foolish.

Cheers
venkatcr - will definitely audition the big mouths.... some pointers make it easier to narrow down the list.. thanks for the advice here and other tips elsewhere across threads. cheers.

Hi thank you all for the suggestions, i have auditioned Wharfdela Diamond 9 Series and Jamo S606 & 606. iam confused :sad:. can any one assist me on this.

Too early! there are more brands to audition. Try check out all brands that you can audition in hyd fitting in your budget...

Hi thank you all for the suggestions, i have auditioned Wharfdela Diamond 9 Series and Jamo S606 & 606. iam confused :sad:. can any one assist me on this.

I think max RMS-out of the speakers must be greater than the max RMS per channel of your AVR so that you do not accidentally damage your speakers when switching to higher volumes. For ONKYO 608 per channel max RMS is I think somewhere near 160 Watts.

hi
I just last matched my onkyo 608 with a Modaunt short Avianao 8 it is mind boggling truly heavenly.It is absolutely FANTASTIC especially for music of your kind and it will fit ur budget too,

hi
I just last matched my onkyo 608 with a Modaunt short Avianao 8 it is mind boggling truly heavenly.It is absolutely FANTASTIC especially for music of your kind and it will fit ur budget too,

What typa music u listen to and what was the price quoted?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back