Onkyo TXSR-313+HT528 vs Harmon Kardon AVR 70+JBL SCS200

petertheobald

Hi

For my first proper component based Home Theatre setup, after looking at / hearing the entry level Onkyo HT3500, that has a passive subwoofer, thought I would increase my budget a bit more and go for the TX-SR 313 with HD 528 speakers, which has an active subwoofer. I have been quoted 52K. Alternative is the Harmon Kardon AVR 70 with JBL SCS 200 for 50K. If I am not wrong, features on both models seem more or less the same

Main usage is to watch Blu-Ray movies, Tata Sky HD, and my son wants to play XBOX. I am going for a Panasonic 42 inch commercial panel to complete the Home theatre setup. I am using it in my living room, 22' long by 10' wide, but the home theatre setup is planned across the width, because windows on both the other sides. so viewing distance/distance between front and rear speakers is 10 feet only

Would appreciate any advice on which is better to go for. Or if there is any 3rd alternative to consider. Also whether this system is right sized for the area or under/over sized

Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Peter, Mumbai

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back