Onkyo vs Mitsun, although....

sarvan

Hi Friends,

I am newbie to the world of sound. I thought of buying HT, after I got a Asus Mediaplayer and Tata Sky Plus HD. Video wise, as, I have Bluray content with DTS support and also HD channels, I need an apt HT system. But, the 'lock' is I am tight on budget, preferably 15-20k.

My first query is, can I go for Active woofer and speakers with Optical and Coaxial outputs (there is one in Mitsun).

Or I 'compulsorily' need to buy an AV receiver?

Can I go for a Mitsun 9000 (around 7k without speakers) or Onkyo 3400 (around 25k with Onkyo speakers)?

Watch a lot of downloaded movies and Listen to Music. My room is 16 by 10. Using Panasonic Plasma.

I am somewhat convinced tat I need to go for an AV receiver than Active woofers to get a better output. However, can the cheaper Mitsun model along with good speakers can match Onkyo? Do Mitsun have similar configuration and output like Onkyo (with Onkyo being charged higher because of Brand Value)?

If so what are the best speakers (within my budget) that can compliment Mitsun?

If not so, Can Onkyo 3400 with its combo speakers is the best buy?

Excuse me for a detailed query. Hope your suggestions can clear my mind and focus on one...Thanks

I strongly suggest against, going with an unknown brand like Mitsun.

A mid to high end multimedia set from Logitech, Creative, Klipsch or Altec Lansing might be worth looking into :)

You will be surprised by the sound is all I can say, one of my friends uses it in her living room for parties... size is about the same as yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like to express my issue through this forum, some one pls help me.......i bought a MIT 9000 from a dealer in richie street chennai, and bought 5 customised speakers , one MITSUN sub woofer, this month( oct 2011 )while fixing the amp i find a noise in the amp especially on the left and right speakers only.

The dealer told to bring the amp ,they checked and could not identified the issue, instructed me to check the power and try with some other speakers.

I did the followings:
1. Tested with bose speakers....issue not resolved.
2. Tested with separate earth for that electrical point .....issue notresolved
3. Tested with isolation transformer to filter the power expecting power line noise .....issue not resolved.
4. Tested at the neighbour home ......issue not resolved.

Again called the dealer and took the amp to the MITSUN service centre.....one good person checked and confirmed the noise is there in all this brand's amps.

I am completly disappointed, spent 6500 + 2500+ 3000= 12,000/- and not switching on the amp .... Complete waste of money. My dream of enjoying the 5.1 dolby ended up with hearing an irritating noise from the system.

If any experts here can guide me to arrest this irritating noise...

I also like to alert people google net to buy these type of products..... Please go for good brands.

I like to express my issue through this forum, some one pls help me.......i bought a MIT 9000 from a dealer in richie street chennai, and bought 5 customised speakers , one MITSUN sub woofer, this month( oct 2011 )while fixing the amp i find a noise in the amp especially on the left and right speakers only.

The dealer told to bring the amp ,they checked and could not identified the issue, instructed me to check the power and try with some other speakers.

I did the followings:
1. Tested with bose speakers....issue not resolved.
2. Tested with separate earth for that electrical point .....issue notresolved
3. Tested with isolation transformer to filter the power expecting power line noise .....issue not resolved.
4. Tested at the neighbour home ......issue not resolved.

Again called the dealer and took the amp to the MITSUN service centre.....one good person checked and confirmed the noise is there in all this brand's amps.

I am completly disappointed, spent 6500 + 2500+ 3000= 12,000/- and not switching on the amp .... Complete waste of money. My dream of enjoying the 5.1 dolby ended up with hearing an irritating noise from the system.

If any experts here can guide me to arrest this irritating noise...

I also like to alert people google net to buy these type of products..... Please go for good brands.

Onkyo or denon ....

The humming sound may be due to poor power section. If possible replace the capacitors of the power section with good branded ones.

Thanks , i will try and let you know. i appreciate your concern on my post... than the Manufacturer and the dealer...you are great..! thanks..!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back