Online Vinyl related shopping experiences

anilva

Folks,

Thought this will benefit the forum members based on my recent experiences:

For Vinyl records: ImportCDs.com :: Home Page : Online Shopping for Music, Movies and More - The shipping is the lowest compared to anyone else and they ship fast. You will usually get it in post within 10-14 days. They have a decent collection.

For Turntable accessories (cartridges, brushes, cables..): Needle Doctor - Low shipping charges, fast shipment and you get in post within 10-15 days.

Amazon is lousy for Vinyl...they take a very long time to deliver. Usually more than a month.

Cheers.

The shipping costs have been around 7-10% of the cost of goods. If you keep the order value to around $100, I have been never asked to pay customs duty by the post office. So far so good.

Cheers

Thanks for the heads up on that site. Vinyl prices are super reasonable and so is shipping. I ordered seven records worth ~132$ including shipping for trial. Hoping it arrives intact and soon :).

I got Mobile Fidelity One Record Cleaning Solution and brush from needledoctor.com . After applying my vinyl is sounding clean with much queit background. It helped in getting rid of clicks and pops to great degree. The delivery was fast, in within 10 days.
Regards
Vasu

I got Mobile Fidelity One Record Cleaning Solution and brush from needledoctor.com . After applying my vinyl is sounding clean with much queit background. It helped in getting rid of clicks and pops to great degree. The delivery was fast, in within 10 days.
Regards
Vasu

Hello Vasu,
that's an interesting news. With my newly aquired Lyrita phono pre amp I am in a path rediscovering vinyls. Quite tempted to try this record cleaning solution out if they can ship within 10 days. Could you please elaborate which solution , which brush and what shipping method you have selected. Previously I purchased my antistatic brush from needledoctor but it took them 4 weeks to deliver.
Thanks,
Mahiruha.

I have got a TT cartridge from NeedleDoctor and they seem to be decent guys though probably slightly expensive.

Shaizada I ordered the following

Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings
Katie Melua - Live At The 02 Arena
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon
Queen - Night At The Opera
Rush - Feedback
Yes - Fragile

Jacko is not for me. The rest are mine! Lets see how long it takes to arrive.

I knew you would make excellent choices!

Ok, which versions of the following did you order exactly:

Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon (25th Anniversary Edition? Hopefully thats the one you got. Its the best one out there by far including the MFSL which I also have)

Yes - Fragile (Acoustech Mastered?)

MJ- Thriller (Hope its the 25th anniversary double LP. Best mastering of this by bar)

Good choices without a doubt.

Last night, I ordered a bunch of LPs from Amazon.

Guns and Roses Use Your Illusions I
Guns_N_Roses-Use_Your_Illusion_I-Fr.jpg

Guns and Roses Use Your Illusions II
Use-Your-Illusion-Ii.jpg

Who - Who's Next (Classic Records 200g)
Who_WhosNext_200g_1.jpg

Traveling Wilburys - 180g, 3LP Box Set
TRW44903.jpg

Anthony Wilson - Power Of Nine 180g 45RPM 2LP
lgn1035-45.jpg

Last edited:
I knew you would make excellent choices!

Ok, which versions of the following did you order exactly:

Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon (25th Anniversary Edition? Hopefully thats the one you got. Its the best one out there by far including the MFSL which I also have)

Yes - Fragile (Acoustech Mastered?)

MJ- Thriller (Hope its the 25th anniversary double LP. Best mastering of this by bar)

Good choices without a doubt.

Yes to all your questions :). The Thriller double LP is for a friend but if it turns out to be good, I'll keep it and order another one for him :lol:

All I need now is to save up enough to get a VPI Classic.

I guess you better order your Thriller lp for your buddy again then. Cuz you're gonna keep it for sure. Bernie Grundman did a FANTASTIC job with the album. The best Thriller that has been released on any format ever. I've heard them all...

The VPI Classic is absolutely awesome. I had it on audition for about a month at my place (borrowed from a very good friend). It doesn't sound like any other VPI and is actually a very simple quality product. I don't know of any other turntable at that budget price that gives that kind of sound. You would have to spend $10k or above to get a performance upgrade from that table.
Stick to your plan and make sure you get that table. You won't have to buy a turntable for a long time after that.
;)

EDIT: I would also look into a quality phono stage to scale up with the VPI. I can tell you one RIGHT OF THE BAT that also plays with the big boys (Manley Steelhead, Einstein Turntables Choice, Bolder, Aesthetix etc) and costs next to nothing. This is the one I would recommend: http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/products/xr-2

Last edited:
Shaizada
Good to see your comments on the VPI. Our VPI Classic is now ready to ship, cant wait :) I was also looking at the WTL TTs...any opinions on those? On phone stages - have you tried the Lehman black cubes? Any opinions on these?

thanks !

ROC
You will have to tell me when the LPs get here :D I cant wait to see how the Classic will do with the EPs :)

cheers

Hey Sridhar
The LPs are here other than Katie Melua which went out of stock as I ordered. Did the VPI Classic arrive? The Thriller LP is absolutely mind blowing!!! Incredible mastering. Shaizada you were spot on about its quality.

Even on my uber cheapo turntable with a Shure M97XE, it completely demolishes the digital copy of the same.

Not yet :-(
they will leave the US end of the week
will let you know - might have to rent your Thriller LP :D

Hey Sridhar
The LPs are here other than Katie Melua which went out of stock as I ordered. Did the VPI Classic arrive? The Thriller LP is absolutely mind blowing!!! Incredible mastering. Shaizada you were spot on about its quality.

Even on my uber cheapo turntable with a Shure M97XE, it completely demolishes the digital copy of the same.

Awesome ;)

Keep listening to that LP as your vinyl setup gets better. There is so much more new information in those grooves that was never heard and rendered properly before.

Bernie Grundman...he IS the man.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back