Opinions on Acoustic Portrait's new Swara Pre and Power Amps

It was great meeting up with Santhosh, Rajiv, Titus, Ramesh, Venu @ Sivas house on Sunday. The new speakers are mind blowing. Srinisundar, you need to see the new speakers. Very difficult to explain.

It was great meeting up with Santhosh, Rajiv, Titus, Ramesh, Venu @ Sivas house on Sunday. The new speakers are mind blowing. Srinisundar, you need to see the new speakers. Very difficult to explain.

Thanks.. Planning to visit by first week of next month.

Regards

Hi,

Vinny, the gathering at Siva's home was lovely. It was great to meet with you again.

Siva's new system configuration is very very good.This is the best I have heard Siva's system sound. It is big step up from the previous system I heard a couple of years back.This system is more dynamic and the music flows effortlessly. This system makes music period.

After Siva demonstrated the capabilites of high def. audio in Madras I was pretty convinced that, that was the way to go with digital audio.The listening session at his home on Sunday has only reinforced that belief. High def.digital audio is very very close to a very good vinyl playback set up.

The Hindustani Classical vocal recital by Siva's friend was amazing and I am very glad that I was able to attend this get together at Siva's place and listen to such a superb performance.

Regards
Rajiv

As always Siva was a thoughtful host along with his wife who smilingly took care of us with some lovely cake! The minute I walked into Sivas room it was evident that this new system was a big change from the last avatar I had heard. Very musical easy on the ears not harsh like so many solid state gear ends up being. Those of the solid state and digital persuasion should definitely visit Siva for a listen.

192 downloads that Siva played were very dynamic unlike CDs where all instruments were clearly boosted up to a common loud level. Closer to vinyl than CD but no cigar. However a very good way to go for those into digital. You certainly won't go back to CD after high def.

The live Indian classical performance was a surprise bonus, even for someone like me who does not listen to such music. What I loved, besides the superb vocal performance, was that Nitin if I got his name right, explained what he was going to sing and it's context, how he could vary the theme expand it etc.

Thanks Siva for having us over.

PS: Vinny it was nice meeting you too :p

For the folks who visited Siva over the weekend, it would be great if you could post some comments on the performance of the entire swara range, including the new (yet to be launched) swara speakers.

Some info on pricing (for the speakers) would also be nice...

Thanks,
APK

For the folks who visited Siva over the weekend, it would be great if you could post some comments on the performance of the entire swara range, including the new (yet to be launched) swara speakers.

Some info on pricing (for the speakers) would also be nice...

Thanks,
APK

Some pictures too...

Some pictures too...

There is a picture gallery link in the AP website (Acoustic Portrait), though I do not think any of the newer speakers are shown here. The pictures are from customer setups....

Any guesses for how many of these belong to FMs and who they are?
(P.S: I hope FMs don't mind revealing which setups they own in the pics; I am assuming here that Siva did take your blessings before puting up the pics)

Last edited:
Except the first one, I have been able to guess the owner of all the systems.

1) ?
2) Siva's previous system
3) Squarewave's ? I am going by the Blumenhofer Fun17.
4) Pankaj's.... Very nice pairing with the Green Mountain Speakers.
5) gvenu's
6) Gijo George's ?

I have heard 2, 4 & 5.

Except the first one, I have been able to guess the owner of all the systems.

1) ?
2) Siva's previous system
3) Squarewave's ? I am going by the Blumenhofer Fun17.
4) Pankaj's.... Very nice pairing with the Green Mountain Speakers.
5) gvenu's
6) Gijo George's ?

I have heard 2, 4 & 5.

just wow.. i just love the ambience of 3rd setup. each setup looks mind boggling ! reference system indeed...AP finally reveals their bespoke creations

As always Siva was a thoughtful host along with his wife who smilingly took care of us with some lovely cake! The minute I walked into Sivas room it was evident that this new system was a big change from the last avatar I had heard. Very musical easy on the ears not harsh like so many solid state gear ends up being. Those of the solid state and digital persuasion should definitely visit Siva for a listen.

192 downloads that Siva played were very dynamic unlike CDs where all instruments were clearly boosted up to a common loud level. Closer to vinyl than CD but no cigar. However a very good way to go for those into digital. You certainly won't go back to CD after high def.

The live Indian classical performance was a surprise bonus, even for someone like me who does not listen to such music. What I loved, besides the superb vocal performance, was that Nitin if I got his name right, explained what he was going to sing and it's context, how he could vary the theme expand it etc.

Thanks Siva for having us over.

PS: Vinny it was nice meeting you too :p

Hey Stevie - It was great meeting you too. I dont know how I missed you from the list :) One thing that I found very mesmerizing about the new speakers is the disappearing act by such a large speaker. All that work to avoid baffles is paying off. All the drivers are now housed in custom made circular enclosures which avoid all that nasty diffractions from the baffles.

I read on another thread that AP has a new integrated amp for about 25k or thereabouts. Anyone have any info on this? I've emailed them, awaiting reply. At about 75wpc, do you reckon this would be good to drive my Dynaudio BM6?

Thanks for the help

I read on another thread that AP has a new integrated amp for about 25k or thereabouts. Anyone have any info on this? I've emailed them, awaiting reply. At about 75wpc, do you reckon this would be good to drive my Dynaudio BM6?

Thanks for the help
Not sure about it being able to drive the BM6. If you'd like to know more, PM me your email address and I'll forward the email that I received from AP yesterday and you can get in touch with them directly. Quoting from the email:

New Integrated Amp (Same as Swara Power Amp, but with a single power supply and an active preamp based on opamp. Price Rs.24600

Not sure about it being able to drive the BM6. If you'd like to know more, PM me your email address and I'll forward the email that I received from AP yesterday and you can get in touch with them directly. Quoting from the email:

Thanks, I am in touch with AP via email as well.

But you don't think this would drive the BM6? 75w pc into 8 ohms, but nothing given about 4 ohms. Honestly, I know really nothing about wattage and ohms, but I do need something that fits within my budget and drives my speakers, if not to their uptmost capacity, at least to something close enough to get a good performance out of them

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back