Optoma HD27HDR arrived.......

jedviper

After buying Home theater in 2015(My Home Theater...), buying projector was high on my list, but couldn’t buy bcoz the high prices in our country……. Initially wanted to buy Optoma 142x, but till the decision made it ran out of stock and new model optoma 143x came in the market which is a downgrade to 142X……..

I missed good deals on projector on Black Friday sale due to work schedule, after that I was continuously in search of projector on amazon.us site. Finally I came across Optoma HD27HDR model which has overall good reviews, high contrast, Lumens, playing 2160p HDR., etc…..One night when amazon offered discount on this projector, I immediately given order…. The delivery of the projector was scheduled by Aramex on 10th February, but surprisingly, it came 5 days before….

When I was tracking projector’s status, it was mentioned that Aramex will call you on the day of delivery, but there was no call received from Aramex. On last Monday, there was no one at my home, and when I came in the evening, building watchman told me there is a courier for me. I thought it must be some envelope, but when I saw Box with Aramex cellotapes on it, I realized it’s a new projector. There was no call received from Aramex about the delivery, and they simply delivered to building watchman…. Really a pathetic service by Aramex. Afterwards, I made complaint to Amazon ……….

ZDvnyxy.jpg

PNM201X.jpg

JuPZHsu.jpg

EBJMwoo.jpg

S7xudE4.jpg

Tu4acwm.jpg

3D24yCn.jpg

YBH3Baf.jpg

Optoma HD27HDR not yet tested as I have not yet buy HDMI cable and Projector screen ............Any recommendation?
Read that Gray Screen is better than White screens?

After buying Home theater in 2015(My Home Theater...), buying projector was high on my list, but couldn’t buy bcoz the high prices in our country……. Initially wanted to buy Optoma 142x, but till the decision made it ran out of stock and new model optoma 143x came in the market which is a downgrade to 142X……..

I missed good deals on projector on Black Friday sale due to work schedule, after that I was continuously in search of projector on amazon.us site. Finally I came across Optoma HD27HDR model which has overall good reviews, high contrast, Lumens, playing 2160p HDR., etc…..One night when amazon offered discount on this projector, I immediately given order…. The delivery of the projector was scheduled by Aramex on 10th February, but surprisingly, it came 5 days before….

When I was tracking projector’s status, it was mentioned that Aramex will call you on the day of delivery, but there was no call received from Aramex. On last Monday, there was no one at my home, and when I came in the evening, building watchman told me there is a courier for me. I thought it must be some envelope, but when I saw Box with Aramex cellotapes on it, I realized it’s a new projector. There was no call received from Aramex about the delivery, and they simply delivered to building watchman…. Really a pathetic service by Aramex. Afterwards, I made complaint to Amazon ……….

ZDvnyxy.jpg

PNM201X.jpg

JuPZHsu.jpg

EBJMwoo.jpg

S7xudE4.jpg

Tu4acwm.jpg

3D24yCn.jpg

YBH3Baf.jpg

Optoma HD27HDR not yet tested as I have not yet buy HDMI cable and Projector screen ............Any recommendation?

Congratulations on your new purchase

Are you booked in amazon.in or .com how much it cost. If booked through .com import fee how much?

Thanks in advance

bought it from Amazon.com...... since black friday sale I was contineously monitoring its' price and till date its' price is $980 (including import duty & other taxes), but on some days, amazon.com offering it on discounted price, I picked it on discounted price+amazon discount, I got it for $892 (including import duty & other taxes) i.e. around Rs.63k

Is this a 2160p projector? I could find only 1080p in the amazon listing for this projector.

Yes,.... it is the only projector on the planet that costs anything like the price, supports HDR10, and can accept 4K input. Connect it to, say, a 4K Blu-ray player, and you can watch a 4K HDR movie with the benefits of HDR, even though the projector will downsample the resolution to its native 1080p

read more at https://www.projectorcentral.com/Optoma-HD27HDR-Review.htm

bought it from Amazon.com...... since black friday sale I was contineously monitoring its' price and till date its' price is $980 (including import duty & other taxes), but on some days, amazon.com offering it on discounted price, I picked it on discounted price+amazon discount, I got it for $892 (including import duty & other taxes) i.e. around Rs.63k

Great.. How much is the price in India for this model?..

Per this link, price seems US $649 (46K)..

Great.. How much is the price in India for this model?..

Per this link, price seems US $649 (46K)..

Haven’t found Indian price, but HD27 older model costing around 115k on Amazon India few months back.....

Yes ...US price is $649, but you have to add import fees and other taxes

Haven’t found Indian price, but HD27 older model costing around 115k on Amazon India few months back.....

Yes ...US price is $649, but you have to add import fees and other taxes

Ok.. That is significant saving..

You may check Blue Rigger HDMI cables on amazon.in..

Yes, if your room has lot of ambient light and if you watch during day time with light seeping in to the room..

But if you can control the day light seeping in thru the room, then you can comfortably use white screen..

What would be the distance between the wall and the lens?

What screen size are you looking for ? convenient with DIY (or) manual pull down / motorised?..

Ok.. That is significant saving..
You may check Blue Rigger HDMI cables on amazon.in..

Ok, but will it work for me 15-20 fts distance ? or will it loose signals?

Yes, if your room has lot of ambient light and if you watch during day time with light seeping in to the room..

But if you can control the day light seeping in thru the room, then you can comfortably use white screen..

Yes my living room has ambient light, I have to check whether 100% darkness is possible

What would be the distance between the wall and the lens?

What screen size are you looking for ? convenient with DIY (or) manual pull down / motorised?..

distance is 14-15 fts
Not interested in DIY or fixed screen as same wall have LED
Screen looking for 120’’ as projection is possible from 12-14 fts
Pull Down or motorised both will work for me

Last edited:
Ok, but will it work for me 15-20 fts distance ?

Yes.. It would.. i use 25ft Blue Rigger HDMI cable from AVR to projector and it works fine.. No issues so far..

Yes my living room has ambient light, I have to check whether 100% darkness is possible

If you have day light seeping in thru windows & doors, cover it with dark curtain that can cut the light..

If it is indoor light that would be hitting the screen, try to cover the light with small shades so that the direct light doesn't fall on the screen..

distance is 14-15 fts

The projector seems to have a throw ratio of 1.5 ~ 1.6.. So technically 120 inch diagonal screen or more should be possible with 15ft distance..

Not interested in DIY or fixed screen as same wall have LED

Ok..

Screen looking for 120’’ as projection is possible from 12-14 fts
Pull Down or motorised both will work for me

There is a possibility of getting more diagonal screen size based on throw ratio.. May be 135 inch..

A pull down screen without insta lock would be cheapest, with insta lock would be little more expensive and motorised screen will be the most expensive.. You may check Elcor / Elite screen on amazon.in of all types..

Choose / settle for the screen size after you have roughly placed the projector where you like and fire it on the wall where you want to mount the screen.. Mark the edges of the screen and measure it diagonally and then settle for one..

Yes.. It would.. i use 25ft Blue Rigger HDMI cable from AVR to projector and it works fine.. No issues so far..

Are you Sure? No one loss of signal, quality?

If you have day light seeping in thru windows & doors, cover it with dark curtain that can cut the light..

If it is indoor light that would be hitting the screen, try to cover the light with small shades so that the direct light doesn't fall on the screen..

No direct light will fall on screen directly,....one big French window from where daylight comes... Need to check 100% blackout is possible? If it is possible then I can go with white screen

The projector seems to have a throw ratio of 1.5 ~ 1.6.. So technically 120 inch diagonal screen or more should be possible with 15ft distance..

There is a possibility of getting more diagonal screen size based on throw ratio.. May be 135 inch..

Yes..... I was initially interested in 135'' but not much options in the market as available in 120'', but remember I need screen with a height of 5 ft as 6 ft is covering center speaker

A pull down screen without insta lock would be cheapest, with insta lock would be little more expensive and motorised screen will be the most expensive.. You may check Elcor / Elite screen on amazon.in of all types..

Choose / settle for the screen size after you have roughly placed the projector where you like and fire it on the wall where you want to mount the screen.. Mark the edges of the screen and measure it diagonally and then settle for one..

Will consider motorised option first if suited in budget.... So as per your opinion first I will buy HDMI cable and then go for screen...

Before buying screen, can I test projecton on big white, grey and black cloths? Have big white cloth, but have to manage others 2

Are you Sure? No one loss of signal, quality?

Have been plenty plenty of movies / videos in FHD resolution, and don't think i have noticed any degrade happening due to distance..

If you have read somewhere that there will be loss of signal quality, pls share the link.. Would like to get that clarified..

No direct light will fall on screen directly,....one big French window from where daylight comes... Need to check 100% blackout is possible? If it is possible then I can go with white screen

Ok.. Try to cover the window, that itself will be a big improvement to the picture..

Yes..... I was initially interested in 135'' but not much options in the market as available in 120'', but remember I need screen with a height of 5 ft as 6 ft is covering center speaker

Ah ok.. Get it now..

Will consider motorised option first if suited in budget.... So as per your opinion first I will buy HDMI cable and then go for screen...

Yes.. Get the cable first.. But if there are any standard picture template in the projector settings, you may want to use that as well or cast using chrome cast and check picture size & setting..

Before buying screen, can I test projecton on big white, grey and black cloths? Have big white cloth, but have to manage others 2

Sure you can..

But if there are any standard picture template in the projector settings, you may want to use that as well or cast using chrome cast and check picture size & setting..

pls.clarify more......

have tested living room darkness, yes 100% darkness is possible, so I am now focus on buying white screen only ......

some short listed..........

HDMI Cables

vs.

optic fiber HDMI Cable

optic fiber HDMI cable make any noticeable difference?

Going by the specs mentioned in Amazon, 25 feet cable is superior to 15 feet cable. I wonder how.

pls.clarify more......

Am referring to sample pictures on the projector if provided by the manufacturer..

have tested living room darkness, yes 100% darkness is possible, so I am now focus on buying white screen only ......

some short listed..........

I think size is right abt what you were looking for.. You could settle for either of these two, depending on your budget..

optic fiber HDMI cable make any noticeable difference?

Am not aware of the benefits of optic fiber HDMI.. Price seems unreasonable.. Bluerigger should just do.. Anyways drop an e-mail to bluerigger via contact seller and confirm your doubts.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back