Optoma hd33

nprathap

Hi Friends,

I am new to this forum, and I have couple of questions on buying a 3D projector for home. I am thinking of buying the OPTOMA HD33, ( found good reviews) and it comes under my budget if I buy from US.

Do you think it will be a good idea to buy from US and get it here to India? If there is any service issue will I get support locally? (When i spoke to the local dealer he discouraged me to get it from US as the parts might be different etc).

I am not sure what would be the best option, considering the fact that buying the projector here in india is too expensive:mad:.

NP

Get it from US ,its no brainer as far as duty its 30-35% excess of 25k of the cost f PJ. The 3d is amazing on hd33 go for it

In india the MRP is 1.6L where as I can ship it from Amazon and it comes to 93,191.29 Rupees including duty. the best price I got from Bangalore dealer is 1.42 L. I have a budget up to 1L.

In india the MRP is 1.6L where as I can ship it from Amazon and it comes to 93,191.29 Rupees including duty. the best price I got from Bangalore dealer is 1.42 L. I have a budget up to 1L.
: Add another 10 thousand for the pair of glasses and buy it from Amazon. Unwrap your shipment in currier office and if you notice any evident damage, send back to the point of sale in India. If you find any technical problem return it to the point of sale straight away, in this case you have to pay the shipping charge. Rest of the hassle will be look after by your point of sale in India. Amazon has excellent policy, they will replace your damage or defective product and will send brand new piece .

Well you can order from amazon directly but you will get no warranty on it... Many service centres have been know to refuse even paid service to US bought products... Anyway it is advisable to import only when the diff in cost is significant... One option that you have is to go for the Epson TW6000(ie the 3010 in the US)... As I was discussing in another thread it is available for about 1lac (maybe even less) in India with 2years epson warranty... This projector has been rated as better than HD33 in 2D performance & slightly lower in 3D performance... It has a MRP of Rs1.1lac in India so you might easily be able to get it for 90k to 1lac... But if you are firmly stuck on HD33 then importing from the US without warranty is your best option...

PS epson TW6000 ships with 2 free 3D glasses which actually makes it cheaper to buy a epson projector with 2 3D glases with 2years India warranty than to buy a HD33 with 2 3D glasses from amazon & ship it to India :p...

Last edited:
How come this guys selling it for so low... just 51k... and he mentions it to be a brand new piece.... how come??
On amazon itself its 1499 dollars..
there might be some problem or ... I don't know.. If someone s at Mumbai check it and buy... Its a superb deal then

Err the HD66 costs around $600 on amazon... This guys is selling too costly.. Lately the price of the hd66 keeps dropping to $439 on amazon... One member here(fusebulb) has purchased at this price & it cost him a total of ~30k delivered to his home... Do chk out the thread 720p projector under 30k for more details... The 1499 projector on amazon is the HD33(1080p 3D projector)... So basically this guy is selling at atleast a 10-15k profit...

Err the HD66 costs around $600 on amazon... This guys is selling too costly.. Lately the price of the hd66 keeps dropping to $439 on amazon... One member here(fusebulb) has purchased at this price & it cost him a total of ~30k delivered to his home... Do chk out the thread 720p projector under 30k for more details... The 1499 projector on amazon is the HD33(1080p 3D projector)... So basically this guy is selling at atleast a 10-15k profit...

Oh... MY mistake.. :p I considered that to be as HD33.. since it was in the HD33 thread...

Today I was quoted with a price of DHS 6650 for HD33 in Dubai with free 3D glasses (maybe 3 glasses, but not sure though).

phone : 971-4-3932425 / 3932422

I was looking for HD66 in Dubai but couldn't get any quote. Maybe model no. is different for Europe/Middle East.

Cheers.

I have got Optoma HD33 recently. Its working great with almost everything I have in my video kitty from cell phone, laptop, desktop, dvd player, reciever. The only problem I have that Its not detecting my new panasonic DMP-BDT220 3d blu-ray player when connected directly to the project through HDMI port. It find it easily when connected to any other port (tried component, S video, RCA) but somehow there seems to be some HDMI handshake issue between the two. I tested my blu ray player with LG LED tv (not 3d) and it was working fine. If someone can provide some inputs .. that would be great help.

Why not get the Optoma HD300x? It's the exact same projector as the HD33 but significantly cheaper. It doesn't come with any 3D glasses but those can be bought separately for around 65 or so.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back