Optoma HD65 Free 3D upgrade - anyone tried?

John

Hi folks,

I was just looking up some information and came across a 3-D update for Optoma HD65 projector!

Link

I know many on this forums have purchased it earlier. Has anyone tried it?

And do you really need the (?optional) Optoma 3D-XL converter box for it to work?

Would it work straight by streaming 3D movies via XBMC from the HTPC? If one has to buy the adaptor, it is pretty much a dampner because for that price, one might as well get a brand new 3d projector!

Hi John, for 3d we actually require that xl adapter or any other similer hardware. You can see from the link you have mentioned

Thanks

Thanks Kaptan. Seems like best option is going for a new 3-D projector. Which is an affordable model with easy-to-use glasses?

The Epson?

In India best option is Epson tw550@52k. If ready to import or have someone coming from the US them Acer 5370BD@$400 from newegg or even upgrading to a 1080p projector which range from $800-1000

In India best option is Epson tw550@52k. If ready to import or have someone coming from the US them Acer 5370BD@$400 from newegg or even upgrading to a 1080p projector which range from $800-1000

How much do the 3-D glasses cost? Because with this projector, I will need at least 5 of them (glasses).

Glasses in USA cost at around 30 USD for rechargeable ones and battery operated ones (non-rechargeable) around USD 20. There are offers when you buy a set of 5 glasses. Shipping and customs for the entire lot should add another 2-3K INR on top of it.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back