Owners Thread of Samsung Plasma 43E490/470 - Reviews, Settings & Features Discussions

Re: Owners Thread of Samsung Plasma 43E490/470 - Reviews, Settings & Features Discuss

besides, the TV have vertical resolution of 768 lines, not 720. so why set the source at lower resolution than TV. setting STB and BDP etc. at their highest resolution looks more logical.

i have set 720p, 1080i and 1080p as ouput resolution on my video sources, and noticed no difference

Re: Owners Thread of Samsung Plasma 43E490/470 - Reviews, Settings & Features Discuss

Today Samsung guy called me your 3D BPD has came to your region. Now I am ready to get my 3D BDP.:yahoo:

i have set 720p, 1080i and 1080p as ouput resolution on my video sources, and noticed no difference
In that case, keep the source at the highest possible resolution.

I am still confused about protection: surge protector or a vguard digital stebilizer.

The belkin gold series surge protectors are offering a compensation up to Rs. 1.00 Lakhs for damages to connected devises. Any other member using it or similar device ?

Some say surge protector is better than stebilizer others say stebilizers are sufficient.
Can some electircal experts give an expert opinion on this ?
Or a combination of stebilizer or belkin gold do the job better ?

Surge protector are used to protect your device from high voltage spike..in belkin they generally use a metal oxide variable resistor to bypass the excess voltage to ground..now it only bypasses the voltage not regulate it i.e line noise and other factors of line voltage.

Where a voltage stabilizer will give you a fixed output voltage regardless of input voltage by using various component such as reference voltage generator, wave form comparator, line filter, wave form shaper and add or subtracting circuit along with an auto transformer where various relays are selected on the basis of how much output voltage u want.

Surge protector are used to protect your device from high voltage spike..in belkin they generally use a metal oxide variable resistor to bypass the excess voltage to ground..now it only bypasses the voltage not regulate it i.e line noise and other factors of line voltage.

Where a voltage stabilizer will give you a fixed output voltage regardless of input voltage by using various component such as reference voltage generator, wave form comparator, line filter, wave form shaper and add or subtracting circuit along with an auto transformer where various relays are selected on the basis of how much output voltage u want.
Is there any specific model that you will recommend?

I am planning to buy this TV. In chennai where I will get this Plasma and what is the model of the BD Player given as freebie, and also the model of the 3D Glasses given

Hi I am planning to but this plasma. Can somebody suggest where I will get in chennai for low price and also kindly let me know the model of the Free BD player and also the model of the 3D glasses provided along with the TV

Yesterday I received my 3D BDP with Tron Legacy 3D BD. :clapping::yahoo::clapping:

Thanks for the info. Can you pl let me know where you bought this TV

In chennai can somebody help.

Yesterday night I watched 3D BP movie Tron Legacy which has been given with 3D BDP.

The 2D quality was good but 3D was so bad. Hardly I was able to see any 3D effect. My mood was totally upset while watching movie. Whereas the quality of trailer (Pirates of the Caribbean) was so good. A bit disappointment with Samsung... :mad:

Last edited:

I talked to Samsung service engineer only 3D BDP has given free with My plasma TV as offer. The 3D BP movie does not include in offer. It is a only supplement with 3D BDP.

I talked to Samsung service engineer only 3D BDP has given free with My plasma TV as offer. The 3D BP movie does not include in offer. It is a only supplement with 3D BDP.

But isn't provided movie 3d? if its is then it should give atleast few 3d effects.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back