Owners Thread of Samsung Plasma 43E490/470 - Reviews, Settings & Features Discussions

I talked to Samsung service engineer only 3D BDP has given free with My plasma TV as offer. The 3D BP movie does not include in offer. It is a only supplement with 3D BDP.

I am certain that the dealer is misleading you. The Samsung 3D package gift contains a 3D BDP and 1 3D BD movie.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Re: Owners Thread of Samsung Plasma 43E490/470 - Reviews, Settings & Features Discuss

hi Manish , does this tv has 2d to 3d converter ?

if yes then how would you rate it.

Re: Owners Thread of Samsung Plasma 43E490/470 - Reviews, Settings & Features Discuss

Can TV channels from the STB be converted into 3D using the converter? if yes, then how is the effect on SD vs HD channels.

hi Manish , does this tv has 2d to 3d converter ?

if yes then how would you rate it.

Can TV channels from the STB be converted into 3D using the converter? if yes, then how is the effect on SD vs HD channels.

I think all 3d tvs have the 2d to 3d conversion feature. It is nothing great. The Panasonic Gt50 has 2d to 3d feature with face recognition. Maybe it is little better on that model.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

In my experience 2D to 3D conversion in the TV is nothing great. Actually it kills the viewing pleasure.

what can be the lowest price for samsung 43e490 with bd player and a pair of 3d glasses in hyderabad?????please reply me as soon as possible and are there any burnin problems with samsung 43e490

what can be the lowest price for samsung 43e490 with bd player and a pair of 3d glasses in hyderabad????

Find yourself by visiting shops and do your bit of bargaining. I got it for 43.5K, at Kochi.

Yesterday went to samsumg plaza chennai and found the PQ was so nice and 3D was also very good. Price 48K with 3D BD Player and 1 3D Title with 2 Glasses. The dealer told he can take back the player and give 5K discount and one reebok trolley bag worth 6K

Find yourself by visiting shops and do your bit of bargaining. I got it for 43.5K, at Kochi.

did u get with all the freebies like 3dbd player and 3d glasses actually i wanted to buy samsung e470 but if the price difference between e470 and e490 is less then i will opt for e490 model

Hi friends,

I had been searching for a good budget plasma TV for more then a month. I almost fixed Panasonic 42XT50 but due to some reason I didn't buy. Finally I bought my first HDTV Samsung 43E490 a week ago. :yahoo: Now I am ready to give some review. I order this TV 2 weeks ago but due non availability of this TV it came 1 week later on 16 Aug 2012. Till date I am happy with the performance of this TV. This forum also helped me to choose a good TV. Now I am directly come to the review from purchase onward.

My deal was:
Cost of the TV: Rs 44900/-
Offer: One 3D BD player + one 3D BD Movie
Finance: Bajaj finance with one year extented warranty (Rs 2250/-)

Pros:
1. Amazing, crystal clear picture quality on HD channel (Better than any kind of TV).
2. Good picture on SD channel (Better than LCD/LED not better than CRT TV)
3. Sound quality is good enough (Dont expect much from this tinny speaker)
4. A light weight TV with stylish design
5. Colours are so accurate and vibrant
6. It detect any type of popular format with USB pendrive
7. Though it is not designed to detect and read a USB HDD but it detects and read the popular format from the same. (43E470 does not even detect the USB HDD)
8. Power consumption is comparable to LCD TV.

Cons:
1. Reflection is a slight issue. You have to dim the light to reduce the reflection. (Dont buy this TV if you have a very bright room or go with NEO PDP with infinite black panel of Panasonic plasma if your budget allowed)
2. Perfect black is missing.
3. Sometimes it fails to detect the USB HDD and also get automatically disconnected while playing.
4. No manual control.

Here the link where I am attaching some pics of this TV (Shot by Canon 230 HS). Actual pics are better than captured pics. Few pics may contain some vertical line which are actually not visible on TV.

https://plus.google.com/photos/115499665626579706364/albums/5779763537068145185
is 3d bd player useful i am asking becauseif it is not of much use i will buy this tv without player so thatprice can be reduced and did u buy 3d glasses seperately or did the samsung gave as a freebie

^^^
The BDP delivered separately and the dealer cannot reduce the price. you have to sold it separately somehow, if you do not need it. When I bought my TV the dealer is even not aware of the offer until I told him.

Yesterday went to samsumg plaza chennai and found the PQ was so nice and 3D was also very good. Price 48K with 3D BD Player and 1 3D Title with 2 Glasses. The dealer told he can take back the player and give 5K discount and one reebok trolley bag worth 6K

You can return the player (MRP is 10-11K) only if you do not plan to buy and view BRD in future.. else 5k might go down the drain as well.

^^^
The BDP delivered separately and the dealer cannot reduce the price. you have to sold it separately somehow, if you do not need it. When I bought my TV the dealer is even not aware of the offer until I told him.
Do not return the BDP. It will find its use in many ways. Dealer is not going to give any great price.

Thanks for the advice. But when I saw the demo of the TV E490, E470, E400 all three were flickering on particularly green grass football field. Is this common on all plasmas

Thanks for the advice. But when I saw the demo of the TV E490, E470, E400 all three were flickering on particularly green grass football field. Is this common on all plasmas
Did not notice this on my own ST50. Perhaps I did not observe too closely.

Do not return the BDP. It will find its use in many ways. Dealer is not going to give any great price.

Mine will be going to be delivered only tomorrow.(22.09.2012). Whether to keep it or not will be decided only after that. Most likely I will retain it.

Mine will be going to be delivered only tomorrow.(22.09.2012). Whether to keep it or not will be decided only after that. Most likely I will retain it.

for much did u buy samsung 43e490 and what freebies did they give.please reply quick

for much did u buy samsung 43e490 and what freebies did they give.please reply quick

43.5K at Kochi
two pair of glasses and the BDP free.

how is the 3d viewing experince in samsung43e490 and is there any flickering in 3d and can u watch 3d in side angle please reply soon

Back