Palm Expo 2012

denom

Banned
Banned
Had been to the Palm Expo yesterday, held at the NEC Grounds @ Goregaon East & had a good time seeing & hearing some deadly Pro-Audio Gear. This year there were plenty of Companies showcasing their Monitor Speakers & that was really what i was wanting to check out!

Taken quite a few pics which I will first upload & then will write briefly on what all I liked :licklips:

PA Audio Drivers:
1z1tjfc.jpg

243f7go.jpg

25ryphx.jpg

35laeqq.jpg

13ykkes.jpg

eldufr.jpg

2dw9f9y.jpg

2rxt9xd.jpg

NX Audio Amps

34pnuyw.jpg

2ch036h.jpg

125s26f.jpg

501n9v.jpg

2q1hw0o.jpg

30t6x01.jpg

2hpos2q.jpg

677erk.jpg

Sonodyne

2uixf80.jpg

651v1z.jpg

34pcgi0.jpg

a2bpsi.jpg

More pics to follow

KRK Monitors

2a7sgw1.jpg

2znn7f7.jpg

nfjgbm.jpg

20qxb2d.jpg

Focal Pro Audio

2hr1wfs.jpg

2qvyzw4.jpg

LAB Gruppen AMPS

hvphlf.jpg

CHINESE AMPS

nle5b9.jpg

zmzj4.jpg

4jp1d1.jpg

atw7f5.jpg

Electro Voice

zsqupy.jpg

Event Monitors

34xjbk4.jpg

Behringer

20fqplc.jpg

raulw2.jpg

2rcsmdd.jpg

Lights Show

5393s6.jpg

k36bl2.jpg

Panasonic

250qvd4.jpg

2q9jr03.jpg

66jlm1.jpg

ADAM Monitors & Sub Woofers

2lcp5ch.jpg

2vv022e.jpg

34h6pt5.jpg

OHM Line Arrays

314r0ae.jpg

M-Audio Monitor

2j136zm.jpg

ioqcll.jpg

More pics to follow

:eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
Was there yesterday for just couple of Hours! Fantastic . Thanks Dave for information and tip!!

Hey Dave !! It was nice bumping you at the Expo.

Unfortunately could not spend much time.

Gr88 photos.:clapping: Kindly give ur impressions on some of the gears..

Wow! :D

I went to the Chennai Lifestyle shopping exhibition. No pics... there wasn't anything there interesting enough to photograph anyway!

I'd rather have been to this do. Why don't we get stuff like this happening in our city!

Perhaps Denom will be the next official photographer for next Mumbai meet after you.:D

If the meet orgazires are someone else.....
Arranging hassles , trouble getting venue , too many armchair experts giving useless advice , erratic, responsible behavior of some members ,very few to take the operational responsibality ......AND YOU THINK THERE WILL BE TIME FOR PHOTOGRAPHY??

nice work denom

did anyone of you get a chance to listen to these speakers and amps ? if so can you please share your opinions.

thanks

Thanks Denom,
An amplifier with Huge transformer & 2400w pc :eek:
I miss the event.

Spiro, there is always next year :lol: Will keep you & the others interested posted in advance. As for the Amps, yes it sure makes sense to pay attention to these Pro-Audio gears, rather than the 'Audiophile' ones :D

Hey Dave !! It was nice bumping you at the Expo.

Unfortunately could not spend much time.

Gr88 photos.:clapping: Kindly give ur impressions on some of the gears..

Hey Darshan, yes it was great to meet you too. Too bad you were on a 'lunch break - flying visit'. Next time plan a day off to attend the meet :eek:hyeah: Thanks for appreciating the pics. Have clicked quite a few, still have to upload more of them - will do so today:lol:

Wow! :D

I went to the Chennai Lifestyle shopping exhibition. No pics... there wasn't anything there interesting enough to photograph anyway!

I'd rather have been to this do. Why don't we get stuff like this happening in our city!

Thad, you win some & lose some. Maybe some good expo's might take place in chennai in the near future & then it will be your turn to cover it & share the pics with us :)

Perhaps Denom will be the next official photographer for next Mumbai meet after you.:D

:lol: Hemant has put the things very well, he has been wanting to express himself after our Mumbai Hi-Fi meet for quite some time, has finally managed to write a bit about how 'we' as organizers experienced 'incidents' :eek:

If the meet organizers are someone else.....
Arranging hassles , trouble getting venue , too many armchair experts giving useless advice, erratic, irresponsible behavior of some members,very few to take the operational responsibility ......AND YOU THINK THERE WILL BE TIME FOR PHOTOGRAPHY??

:signthankspin::thumbsup:

nice work denom

did anyone of you get a chance to listen to these speakers and amps ? if so can you please share your opinions.

thanks

Hi cyber_cat,

Unfortunately the expo is not an ideal place to get a good demo of any products, due to almost all the stalls 'firing' their music almost simultaneously & increasing the volume levels to out do the others, thereby giving one not used to high SPL a serious head ache :lol:

Have lined up a few monitors for a demo, lets see how the representatives of these companies respond post completion of the expo. Will update my views of them after getting the opportunity of a demo of them.

:)

If the meet orgazires are someone else.....
Arranging hassles , trouble getting venue , too many armchair experts giving useless advice , erratic, responsible behavior of some members ,very few to take the operational responsibality ......AND YOU THINK THERE WILL BE TIME FOR PHOTOGRAPHY??

Why did you take my comment so seriously? :rolleyes:
Its just the way of appreciation as photos taken by look really good.We all know the sincere efforts taken by you all which made Mumbai meet a success.
Cheers.

Last edited:
RCF Monitors

33f81fb.jpg

Marshall Amps

34ytvnn.jpg

Dynamite Audio Drivers

2iqg8l5.jpg

Falcon Cables

2udxa9j.jpg

mvgiop.jpg

Mega Speakers

15p2uzo.jpg

EAW Speakers

3146n9e.jpg

Community Speakers

2guxlc7.jpg

k1f12x.jpg

Orange Pale Speakers (MADE IN INDIA)

eaqmxf.jpg

LAD 16 Beam Steer Column Speaker

33bdegm.jpg

LAD 8 Beam Steer Column Speaker

21loapd.jpg

Sub Woofer

35n2fc3.jpg

Network Processors Front

143meiu.jpg

Network Processors Back

33peo10.jpg

Network Switch

358b1qa.jpg

Thats all folks!!!

Review to follow

Thad, you win some & lose some. Maybe some good expo's might take place in chennai in the near future & then it will be your turn to cover it & share the pics with us :):
True, although just as we never get major car expos here, I'm dubious that we will see anything like this. I'd be dubious about financing too, if I was in the expo industry!

Hey, next time, maybe I'll buy a train ticket :cool:. However, at least I can look at your pics without what must have been a dreadful background noise.

Anyway, we don't miss everything: we saw the Orange Pale steerable-beam speakers at the last Chennai meet, along with their control software. Fascinating to see something audio but not likely to aimed (forgive the pun) at the home market.

Sorry to see "That's all folks" for the pics: looking forward to future reviews.

True, although just as we never get major car expos here, I'm dubious that we will see anything like this. I'd be dubious about financing too, if I was in the expo industry!

Hey, next time, maybe I'll buy a train ticket :cool:. However, at least I can look at your pics without what must have been a dreadful background noise.

Anyway, we don't miss everything: we saw the Orange Pale steerable-beam speakers at the last Chennai meet, along with their control software. Fascinating to see something audio but not likely to aimed (forgive the pun) at the home market.

Sorry to see "That's all folks" for the pics: looking forward to future reviews.

The industry on the whole is growing rapidly & hence the need for more such expo's, surely the organisers of such an expo are making money else no one would host them on a yearly basis!

Another positive is that more people are attending such expo's is proof that more & more awareness is being created each year & subsequently more business generation. There was also a musician's expo & a Special DJ section with contests & whatnot held in separate enclosures, so yes, things are looking very good as far as music being promoted is concerned.
Quite a few bands come & perform live, couple of clinics also being held by members of international bands, be it percussionists, rhythm/bass, lead guitarists & such. This year they had Francesco Artusato - lead guitarist of the band called All Shall Perish, an American Deathcore band from USA doing a Ibanez Guitar Clinic. Have shot a couple of minutes video of him performing, it was mind blowing :licklips: the young college crowd went nuts !!!! They also had a meet & greet session where one could ask the musician about all sorts of things related to the music he plays & more. Attaching a link of the band 'All shall perish'
All Shall Perish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Next years Palm expo will take place from 30th may to 1st june 2013, you have sufficient time to plan your trip :D

Have more pics related to the musician expo, will post them if you & the others are interested :lol:

One of the highlights of the expo for me was meeting Mr. Daman Sood, the Indian Music Recording Industry Legend. Spent a couple of minutes with him & he shared quite a few tid bits about his experience in the industry. A thorough gentleman & good soul :clapping: Wish one can interact with such knowledgeable stalwarts more often.
Daman Sood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for Orange Pale, it was very heartening to see some pioneering technology being developed by Indians. David Santwan & Roshan Kuruvilla Thomas of Orange Pale have got very good response from the Industry & hope they develop more unique products in the near future. Wish them the Very Best!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back