Palm Expo 2012

Great pics Dave. It seems like you must have covered all the stalls / brands thru your pics. Too bad I missed the expo and I was so close to the venue. Unfortunately was not aware of the event taking place yesterday.

Onto the review,

Saw plenty of stuff but will stick to my active monitors findings:

1) Sonodyne

4 Models on display:
SM50AK - Priced 42K

SM100AK - Priced 62K

SM200AK - Priced 80K

SM300 - Did not ask price as it was not in my interest

SLF210 Subwoofer - Priced 18K

Had a little listening amidst all the 'noise' blaring from a couple of hundred speakers from all over the other stalls @ the Expo & realised that this is not going to work.

They have a balanced Pre-amp but it was not on display & have requested the Mumbai Sales Rep, Mr. Joseph to send me the details by mail post Expo.

Designs & Build quality of the Speakers was good, hope to hear them properly once the sales rep sets up a demo.

2) Harman Group

They had one of the biggest stalls set up covering the whole gamut of their products. Crown Amps were stacked like crazy, quite a few different models, did not ask prices as again were not in my interest.
Saw couple of JBL speakers active monitors but they were not connected & the sales reps were not interested in connecting them either. Left with a CD of their product range.

3) MDR Electronics (MX)

Huge stall covering their full range of products, also selling them at a minor discount. All products neatly displayed with model nos.

4) Amphenol/Krystal Wires/Connectors

Huge stall with wires & connectors! Mind boggling range. Prices of the wires started @ 15/- metre onwards. Plenty of XLR's terminated/unterminated/loose.
Good stuff & also colourful :)

5) Sennheiser

Only of interest to me were the KH120 Active Monitor Speakers, nice & compact, but they were distorting like crazy. Price quoted @ 50k each!
Apparently sennheiser has bought over the Klein & Hummel Speaker Company.
Professional Monitor Systems, Installed Sound

6) YAMAHA

Had everything they make for the studio industry, concentrated on the active monitor speakers, they had a couple of them but almost all had really poor finish & did not look appealing at all. Heard 1 pair forget the model, it was OK but again the surrounding noise was the culprit, so cannot give any proper comment on them. No price info shared by sales reps.

7) KRK

Rockit & VXT Range of speakers & 1 subwoofer neatly displayed, none connected so just asked prices.
Rockit 5 - 30k pair
Rockit 6 - 50k pair
VXT 4 - 50k pair

8) Focal Pro Audio / Behringer / Event

No one to give info or to play them @ their stalls, so just clicked pics & left

9) Panasonic

Lots of PJ's on display, 1 huge PJ playing football match in 3D, couple of pro plasma display screens. Met sales rep of the PJ & Display dept. of Panasonic, spoke to him about our forum & he is quite keen to do business with Hi-Fi mart, hope the FM's benefit :)

10) ADAM Audio

Full range of Monitors & Subwoofers, none connected, chatted with the Sales rep, he informed that a demo room is being set-up in Mumbai & once its ready will inform me of the same. Prices similar to those on Bajaao.com but he is open to giving decent discount to prospective buyer :)

11) OHM
Heard their line arrays at deadly levels, very good clarity even at those volumes, enjoyed the sound blast :D

12) M-Audio

BX8 were playing, heard a couple of techno tracks, not bad but nothing special either. Did not get pricing info as sales ppl were busy having discussions with prospective buyers hence decided to move on.

13) RCF

Now these I saw but did not pay serious attention to, just asked sales rep to give me details to which he noted down my contact details & said he would get back to me post expo, fine I thought. Then FM Hemant Waghe came later on & these suddenly caught his eye, he asked for prices,
Ayra 4 - 26k pair
Ayra 6 - 36k pair
Ayra 8 - 40k pair
Ayra Sub - 40k
Finding the prices reasonable, he asked for a demo, we heard the Ayra 8 & that was it.
Just felt that these are worth exploring further & hence requested the sales rep to get in touch for a demo in the near future, will call him next week surely.
So have to thank Hemant for finding these, hoping post proper demo to make a decision ;)

Rest of the stuff was more outdoor related & hence not specifically touching upon them.
Have gathered a heavy bag full of brochures/pamphlets/booklets on the raw drivers available in the market. If anyone is interested, will send it across to them.

:)

Great pics Dave. It seems like you must have covered all the stalls / brands thru your pics. Too bad I missed the expo and I was so close to the venue. Unfortunately was not aware of the event taking place yesterday.

Yeah, covered the whole shebang & was quite tired at the end of it :lol:
Sorry about missing out the expo. Next year we will plan a 'group visit' of the expo :eek:hyeah: It sure will be fun to go in a big group :clapping:

Great stuff! Enjoyed the pictures and comments. Palm Expo (and other such events) will be on the agenda for sure.

Dave thanks for the coverage and pics. awesome

Great stuff! Enjoyed the pictures and comments. Palm Expo (and other such events) will be on the agenda for sure.

Hi Olly & Nikhil

Thanks for appreciating my review.

It was so much fun, bet it will be even more fun when a gang of us FM's attend such an event together :eek:hyeah:

Hope more join me next year & for other such events.

:)

Well, I don't know if it is realistic for me to be rushing over there for an exhibition next year, but who knows, and if not --- then next year's exhibition thread will be the next best thing!

Why did you take my comment so seriously? :rolleyes:
Its just the way of appreciation as photos taken by look really good.We all know the sincere efforts taken by you all which made Mumbai meet a success.
Cheers.

Buddy not angry on you ..you were amoungest us helping..

This is about those few attendees who tried to create trouble from the beginning - from fund collection stage, then created noise at meeting to distract attention.Th last thing I was expecting - I received a complaint that one of those member was loitering and suddenly sitting on other members lap in first row....and the way he was doing it in disgusting way ...a member experienced it found it is too vulgar.... now I respect everyone's orientation ,but our meet was not the place to molest or find ... something else! I was literally shell shocked hearing that!!!

lap in first row....and the way he was doing it in disgusting way ...a member experienced it found it is too vulgar.... now I respect everyone's orientation ,but our meet was not the place to molest or find ... something else! I was literally shell shocked hearing that!!!

MUMBAI ..... iiiit DA PLACE! :p

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back