PAN PT-AE4000 without b & w under 1.20k

sweethot

Hi,

Can someone please PM me the details of the source who could provide me panasonic PT-AE4000 which costs less than 1.2 L.

My Specifications for my HOME threater projection, please suggest if it sounds good also please let me know the current price I could get it.

projector : PANASONIC PT-AE 4000E -- looking for under 1.2 L
AV RECIEVER : YAMAHA RX-V 1067 -- not sure about the price.
speakers : DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY PRO CINEMA 600/800/1000 OR
POLK AUDIO's TSI series with PSW 12'' SUB
Speaker cables and HDMI cables : audioquest or dac or bandridge -- please suggest anything better as its very important to have the best cables for such an expensive setup.

-- Hifivision Experts Please suggest which would go with my Pan 4k projector and the price of the above given.

My First post on this wonderful website, hope I get the right choice to setup my room with the right projection and enjoy the experience with the help of you guys.. Thanks in adavance..

Can someone please PM me the details of the source who could provide me panasonic PT-AE4000 which costs less than 1.2

The Ae4000 costs somewhere around 1.4 even in the grey market. So I doubt you will get it at 1.2 with B&W.

Cheers

pana is available for about 80k in grey in chennai....this price was about last 10days back..

are you fixed for pana only? if given choice, i would go for EPSON 9000 series..they are better than pana's..

i have both the PJ, epson is kickass

Thanks for your reply.. I am not fixed with PAN but as per the reviews in HFV i thought going for PAN but anything better I would love to get my hands on them I have not heard much about Epson 9000 series apart from Epson 8350/8500 in terms of best reviews. Also please let me where in chennai I can search for this as I am from hyderabad and not aware of chennai Grey market, also please let me know which is a better reciever to go with PAN or Epson 9000 series and with them the AV Receivers you or anyone has experienced.

pana is available for about 80k in grey in chennai....this price was about last 10days back..

are you fixed for pana only? if given choice, i would go for EPSON 9000 series..they are better than pana's..

i have both the PJ, epson is kickass

Could you PM me the contacts for Panny in Chennai?
Thanks!

The one thing I don't like about Panasonic is their smoothscreen technology. LCD projectors have a "screen door effect", meaning, the pixels show up on the screen as joined by a very thin line. If you see it from close, you can notice a horizontal + vertical grid of pixels. Panasonic gets around it by De-focussing the picture. They call it smoothscreen technology and there is no way to turn it off. Many users do not realize its there, until they see another properly set DLP/LCD/LCOS projector.

The one thing I********as don't like about Panasonic is their smoothscreen technology. LCD projectors have a "screen door effect", meaning, the pixels show up on the screen as joined by a very thin line. If you see it from close, you can notice a horizontal + vertical grid of pixels. Panasonic gets around it by De-focussing the picture. They call it smoothscreen technology and there is no way to turn it off. Many users do not realize its there, until they see another properly set DLP/LCD/LCOS projector.

Does this happen with all LCD projectors or does it only happen with PAN, would this really effect the viewing experience or can be negligible, please let me know as I am new to this Projection experience and am thinking of going for PAN based on reviews in this forum.

Any particular reason why you have chosen Panasonic? Because there are a couple of other HD projectors available with bill and warranty for the same price.

Does this happen with all LCD projectors or does it only happen with PAN, would this really effect the viewing experience or can be negligible, please let me know as I am new to this Projection experience and am thinking of going for PAN based on reviews in this forum.
I think "smooth-screen" is Panasonic specific feature. Please note that some people prefer the "film-like" softness brought on by this feature over "screen-door" effect (inherent in ALL 3LCD PJs). So you need to make your judgment before making a purchase decision

Any particular reason why you have chosen Panasonic? Because there are a couple of other HD projectors available with bill and warranty for the same price.

When looking at PAN AE4000, Epson 8350 and Optoma HD20 I found the best to go with is PAN based on the reviews and suggestion in this forum but was quoted unrealistic prices by the dealers @ bangalore and hyderabad. So based on the budget decided to go for this projector w/o b & w..

I think "smooth-screen" is Panasonic specific feature. Please note that some people prefer the "film-like" softness brought on by this feature over "screen-door" effect (inherent in ALL 3LCD PJs). So you need to make your judgment before making a purchase decision

Thanks rshri and manoj for your valuable thoughts and suggestions.. I would decide based on your inputs the right projector for me. Thanks again...

Re: PAN PT-AE4000

Visit cine4home for more information on screen door, smooth screen tech etc.
About EPSON 9000 series pj, are they 1080P?

About Screen Doors, Fill Rates and Image Sharpness

Thanks Paul the link was very useful.

I have finally decided to go with Panasonic PT-AE4000 with Marantz SR5006(I thought the airplay feature was cool with networking options) and Def tech 800 series with bandridge speaker cables which I suppose is 100rs/m as i needed 50m then w.r.t HDMI cable after reading lots of reviews regarding cheap Vs High end cables decided to go with DAC as I needed a 10M HDMI cable along with sub-woofer cable. My conclusion and advice after reading a lot of articles on HDMI or speaker cables, please do not buy a standard cable incase the length is 10m or above would advise to go for bandridge or DAC or anything equivalent as The small extra we spend will give us some sheer peace of mind with good service esp'ly when going with Projection Experience. Cable quality after reading so many threads is still a mystery :confused:

I would also like to specially thank the following forum members for their valuable advice and pricing and taking out time to PM me, which helped me in deciding my whole setup of projection:
captrajesh, bcjain99, subhash, musicmaya, venkatcr, manoj.p

go for sr6006 they have 2HDMI outputs
1 Television
2 Projector
projector is one hell to switch it on and switch it of at times

so i would recomend yo to buy SR6006 and even it has 7.2Ch PRE OUTS.

go for sr6006 they have 2HDMI outputs
1 Television
2 Projector
projector is one hell to switch it on and switch it of at times

so i would recomend yo to buy SR6006 and even it has 7.2Ch PRE OUTS.

Thanks Prithivi initially thought about SR6006(had yamaha RX-V1067 also in mind) with 2 outputs but had to spend extra of arround 15-20k when compared to SR5006(also looking into my budget) and I only needed it for projection as will not be setting up a television in the projector room. Thanks again for your valuable inputs :)

Hi sweethot,
Panasonic pjs are very reliable. currently i am using a pany . Could you pls pm me the source of your Panasonic PT-AE4000?

thanks.

Re: PAN PT-AE4000

Cable quality after reading so many threads is still a mystery :confused:
I would suggest looking at the monoprice cables. I have been using their HDMI cables, two actually, each 30ft long. One is routed through the wall. Both are used for around 5 years, with no problem at all.

Same can be said about the speaker cables too. They have very high quality cables at very cheap prices. There is a huge markups on cables and other cos take advantage of gullibility of customers. Anyway, its your decision which way you go. But do read some of the reviews of monoprice or blue jeans cables before you buy.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back