PAN PT-AE4000 without b & w under 1.20k

Re: PAN PT-AE4000

I would suggest looking at the monoprice cables. I have been using their HDMI cables, two actually, each 30ft long. One is routed through the wall. Both are used for around 5 years, with no problem at all.

Same can be said about the speaker cables too. They have very high quality cables at very cheap prices. There is a huge markups on cables and other cos take advantage of gullibility of customers. Anyway, its your decision which way you go. But do read some of the reviews of monoprice or blue jeans cables before you buy.

How will ordering from monoprice / bluejeans work for resident Indians? Even if Indians use third-party shipment websites for delivery to India, 30ft HDMI cables would be quiet heavy and shipping costs will be too much!

How will ordering from monoprice / bluejeans work for resident Indians? Even if Indians use third-party shipment websites for delivery to India, 30ft HDMI cables would be quiet heavy and shipping costs will be too much!

Hi, I just ordered a 50 ft BlueRigger HDMI cable from Amazon through shopyourworld.com and it cost me about Rs. 3700 all inclusive. This was for running the hdmi cable from the AV receiver to the ceiling mounted projector through my walls and ceiling. I will be receiving the product in a week or two and will post a review about it.

Amazon pricing will hands down beat the Indian price for these kinds of accessories. Of course, you need to read the reviews and make sure that the product will work for you before ordering.

Even had the same question in mind :)

contentedbloke that was a cool price.. I would prob'ly do the same way looking into the reviews.. Please let us know the review on your purchase.

What is the final price quote you got for the Panasonic AE4000?

Final Price Quote currently @chennai with b&w its arround 1.2-1.4L depends on your bargain. Without b&w it arround 85k-1.1L depends on the availability. I would suggest going for a factory sealed pack when going without b&w such that it does not adhere to problems.

Final Price Quote currently @chennai with b&w its arround 1.2-1.4L depends on your bargain. Without b&w it arround 85k-1.1L depends on the availability. I would suggest going for a factory sealed pack when going without b&w such that it does not adhere to problems.
How can price be as low as 85K? Its still selling for $2000 in US.

How can price be as low as 85K? Its still selling for $2000 in US.

I have no idea but might be the refurbished one or might be a used one.. Not sure though.. Cant take a risk though with such a price but there were posts in our forums with the price scale of 85k too. I would always recommend to check the factory sealed pack before purchasing, even though it might cost a lil more.

rshri,
yes, the shipping cost would be more. but it will still come out cheaper. A 30 ft HDMI cable from monoprice is $26, and shipping weight is 4 lb. I quickly ran the nos on borderlinx.com. Price will be slightly more than the final INR 3220 because of shipping charges from monoprice to borderlinx. This was just to get the idea.

Estimated charges to India
Estimated charges to India Item USD INR
Duty 4.84 225.85
Taxes 7.67 357.91
Shipping (4lb) 30.50 1423.25
Total shipping charges 43.01 2007.01
Plus original product value 26.00 1213.26
Total cost 69.01 3220.27

That's why I can't recommend it enough. :)

Hey can anybody with great prices on the AE-4000 give us a clue?

The best grey market price I've heard off so far is in Chennai and that's at 1.05L. That's far, far away from the reported 85k price tag.

Most stores in the US are offering it at 1999 USD with a free bulb*. Do we get them here with the free replacement bulbs?

1) I understand it's a pretty big unit, but how tough would it be for someone to bring it down from the states?
2) What about customs?
3) Can it be carried on as Cabin Baggage?

EDIT: Sorry, I was mistaken about the extra replacement bulb for the AE4000. That offer is only for the Epson 8700UB.

Last edited:
1.33L is still pretty steep. Best bet would be someone carrying it from US and evading customs. My main gripe with this PJ is - No 3D even after paying such high price. You will be stuck with 2D for at least 3-4 years (I am guessing you will want to use a 1.33L item for at least next 3-4 years).

Most stores in the US are offering it at 1999 USD with a free bulb*. Do we get them here with the free replacement bulbs?

1) I understand it's a pretty big unit, but how tough would it be for someone to bring it down from the states?
2) What about customs?
3) Can it be carried on as Cabin Baggage?

EDIT: Sorry, I was mistaken about the extra replacement bulb for the AE4000. That offer is only for the Epson 8700UB.
1. $2000 = Rs 100,000/- at current exchange rate
2. The best way to carry the projector from the US is in a carry on bag.
3. Customs is what it is, i.e. if you go thru the green channel then nothing, otherwise you pay duty.
4. Yes it can bee carried as cabin baggage.

PS: I carried my PT-AE4000 as "cabin baggage".

Actually the 1080p 3D AE7000 is gonna be released any moment with an MSRP of 3499. Street prices are expected to be lower.

If you don't care about 3D, the AE4000 will probably be sold at lot less to clear stocks.

1. $2000 = Rs 100,000/- at current exchange rate
2. The best way to carry the projector from the US is in a carry on bag.
3. Customs is what it is, i.e. if you go thru the green channel then nothing, otherwise you pay duty.
4. Yes it can bee carried as cabin baggage.

PS: I carried my PT-AE4000 as "cabin baggage".

You carried yours? I was actually hoping for someone who personally did that to comment on here. I didn't think it was possible given how big the unit is. Did you bring it on-board with the original boxing & packaging or did you do anything differently? Also, were you just coming back from a visit or were you relocating back to India when you did this?

Actually the 1080p 3D AE7000 is gonna be released any moment with an MSRP of 3499. Street prices are expected to be lower.

If you don't care about 3D, the AE4000 will probably be sold at lot less to clear stocks.

It's already available for 2999 @ Visualapex.com. That's a little steep for me especially since I'm not really into 3D. On the plus side though, the AE5000 / 7000 is a great 2D performer as well. Better Levels of Black and Brighter than the AE4000.

I might ask my brother to get a AE7000 from US next time.
How much can i expect for my used AE4000 with 650 hours usage?

You carried yours? I was actually hoping for someone who personally did that to comment on here. I didn't think it was possible given how big the unit is. Did you bring it on-board with the original boxing & packaging or did you do anything differently? Also, were you just coming back from a visit or were you relocating back to India when you did this?

It's already available for 2999 @ Visualapex.com. That's a little steep for me especially since I'm not really into 3D. On the plus side though, the AE5000 / 7000 is a great 2D performer as well. Better Levels of Black and Brighter than the AE4000.

if looking at ae7000, then also look at JVC RS45 at 3499 MSRP. That JVC is several steps ahead of panny in black levels, contrast and fluid picture. Panny would be better for 3d though, because of faster panels. But if 3d is the criteria, then dlp is the natural choice due to no crosstalk.

too many options, we are spoiled!

I packed my Optoma HD 20 in bubble wrap and then in a backpack that I carried on board. The carton is a bit big, I packed stuff into it and brought it in checked in baggage.

Its fine if you can get away with it by carrying it as hand baggage. But know this, all handbaggage are now x-ray screened these days after you alight from the aircraft and pass immigration. Customs do ask you to open it if they think electronics are there. They made me open and show them my Canon DSLR. Only after i told them it was my regular camera they let me go without duty. Fyi and to be careful thats all. This was in Chennai airport.

Its fine if you can get away with it by carrying it as hand baggage. But know this, all handbaggage are now x-ray screened these days after you alight from the aircraft and pass immigration. Customs do ask you to open it if they think electronics are there. They made me open and show them my Canon DSLR. Only after i told them it was my regular camera they let me go without duty. Fyi and to be careful thats all. This was in Chennai airport.
This is bad news! Can someone confirm whether same has started in Delhi airport? I remember carrying my Wii console in original packing in handbag without any problems 3 years ago.

Well in general at Bangalore I dont hesitate to go straight to the red channel, when they place a chalk mark on my bag-I go and tell them what that bag contains and offer to open and show it to them. Generally they just wave you through.

Back