Panasonic 2019 GX750 BOOKED

Just booked GX750 TV. I feel the wait was totally worth it.

Ok, there's nothing on any websites about this tv. Even Dealer did not have any material about this. From the tv label could make out following things..
Supports HDR10+, DOLBY VISION, DOLBY ATMOS.
HCX processor which was used in 2018 Panasonic oled TV's. It's super IPS plus panel..unlike GX800's va panel.

I took the demo with my own selected clips on 43 inch and 55 inch models..and picture quality is really good.. even the motion is very fluid..
Compared it with LG SM8100 and samusung RU7470...
GX750 is far ahead of both of them in terms of picture performance...

Couldn't check the actual Dolby vision and HDR 10+ in any apps though.. will post it once I receive the TV..
Did you try any HDR10+ content?
I am not able to confirm it GX750 support that format

I have used this tv a lot for couple of days... These are things I noticed..
*Checked the panel for backlight bleed, none present. Built quality looks really good.
*Picture quality and clarity is too good. Colours are precise and there is nice pop to it. I am mostly using cinema mode and I find it to be perfect in any environment and for any type of video. It's definitely on par with Samsung RU7470 and LG SM8100 for which I took the demo.
*Picture upscaling is amazing even for 720p content. Sometimes I have to check the video resolution just to find out tht it's 720p because it looked like 4k.
*Motion is really great. Sometimes I noticed a judder but u can play around with intelligent frame creation and clear motion settings to smoothen it.
*I checked on the display specifications website..exact model is not there but none of the GX models are true 10bit panels. All are 8bit + Frc.
So I was bit worried about colour banding issues..
But I couldn't notice any colour banding anywhere even when I was trying very hard to find it.
*There is no local dimming feature, it only changes the entire backlight as per the scene, so the black levels aren't tht good. But I prefer it this way rather than the horrible vertical backlight bands I saw on LG SM8100 because of the local dimming on edge lit led display.
*Speakers are rated at 30w total and sound quality is acceptable for the TV speakers. Don't expect wonders here.
*I could connect my 4tb hard drive without any external power and could play all the videos without any problem.
*Panasonic app store is a barren land, only three things useful comes preinstalled tht is prime video, Netflix and YouTube.
*On prime video I could only find jack Ryan in dolby vision and Dolby Atmos, and it looked really great. I couldn't find any HDR 10+ content anywhere. I am not sure about HDR in YouTube as I couldn't see any HDR notification or HDR in resolution tab in any HDR videos.
*There are 3 HDMI ports and 3 USB ports out of which one is USB 3 , so decent connectivity options.
Bluetooth works well with external earphones and speakers without any audio lag. Wifi connection is very reliable , no drop in speed at all. Screen mirroring works but I haven't tried it much.
*There is no voice assistant inbuilt, but u can connect it to Alexa device or Google assistant.
*TV switches on almost instantly, no lag to load up the OS.

Overall I am happy with purchase.

Specs are almost matching with models available on Panasonic Taiwan website. But as this is made in India tv there might be some small changes.
As per the Panasonic store guy, GX800 will be coming after a month which might have a VA panel unlike IPS on this GX750.

The TV is now listed on Panasonic Indian website. The specs are also mentioned
The TV is capable of supporting hdr10+

Even to this date people at reliance digital and other shops don't have this tv at lucknow. At a dilemma as to whether I should wait for this or go with lg sm8100 49 inch.

Even to this date people at reliance digital and other shops don't have this tv at lucknow. At a dilemma as to whether I should wait for this or go with lg sm8100 49 inch.
Last offer I got for lg sm8100 49inch was 62000 excluding around 2500rs cashback on card so effectively 59500rs.
This tv I got for 63000..
I took the demo of both the TV's..
I found the picture processing on Panasonic to be better than lg..in some of the clips there were lot of details in bright areas on Panasonic which were completely missing on LG. Also it supports all HDR formats in the markets unlike missing HDR10+ on lg, but then i m yet to find even a single HDR10+ clip to date. Also USB ports on LG only supports usb2.0 which can give max output of 500mA.
While on Panasonic u get usb3 which supplies 900mA. I needed this so that I could use my 4tb hard drive directly with tv.
In LG u get local dimming which is missing in Panasonic.
As per the previous Panasonic trend about getting the product to the market it seems it will still need at least couple of more weeks.
So I hope u can decide based on my observations.

Panasonic brand store told me it will take around couple of weeks for gx800
I happened to take a demo of the 65GX800 and 49GX750 side by side with Bumblebee Dolby Vision content plus avengers and Planet Earth 2 at Panasonic Brand Store Dickemsor Road....they looked great.....except if it was possible to check alongside sony samsung and LG to know the competitive differences but none of the multi brand dealers in bangalore have panasonic new series on display.

Samsung 55Q70 just started with picture freezing and sony 55x900f started playing but slowly started freezing after 20 seconds to play the bumblebee dolby vision content.

Nothing to beat the PQ in LG old c8 of the same content.

Just booked GX750 TV. I feel the wait was totally worth it.

Ok, there's nothing on any websites about this tv. Even Dealer did not have any material about this. From the tv label could make out following things..
Supports HDR10+, DOLBY VISION, DOLBY ATMOS.
HCX processor which was used in 2018 Panasonic oled TV's. It's super IPS plus panel..unlike GX800's va panel.

I took the demo with my own selected clips on 43 inch and 55 inch models..and picture quality is really good.. even the motion is very fluid..
Compared it with LG SM8100 and samusung RU7470...
GX750 is far ahead of both of them in terms of picture performance...

Couldn't check the actual Dolby vision and HDR 10+ in any apps though.. will post it once I receive the TV..
Congrats Bro..Please upload some Live TV images if your new Panasonic TV. I believe its a great TV.

I saw it on display at Panasonic brand store in vile parle, Mumbai.

I felt sm8100 to be better than ru7470..and almost booked it, only to pull out in last moment..was getting 49sm8100 for 64000 plus 2.5 cashback on card..
Panasonic was definitely better than sm8100, in terms of highlight details and also with support for both HDR10+ and Dolby vision , Dolby Atmos I felt it to be overall better in this price range..

Booked 49 inch for 63000.. I know I might have paid the premium for early adopter but I don't wanted to wait till Diwali...
Called up Vijay sales and croma if they have any offer for the same..but they didn't even heard of this model available in the market ..guess it might take couple of more weeks to come out..

Hey please tell me the store name you got your panasonic GX750?

I am from Santacruz. I was looking for LG 49UM7300 model so far. But now after searching online found Panasonic also has good IPS panels with more features. Not sure about the panasonic's after sales or reliability.

At vijay stores in ghatkopar i have been quoted Rs.xxxxxx for 49" UM7300.(quite high compare to online & croma)

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm totally surprised to see no Panasonic TV ads in media this festive season. None of the latest models gx750, gx800 are available online yet. Panasonic's marketing team seems to be in deep slumber.

Hello there! Has anyone tested GX750 for DTS-coded content? Also, a word on warranty would be useful. I'm considering buying 43GX750D and use it as a computer monitor.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back