Panasonic 50" G10..when?

kapilvgutpa

Hello everyone,

I am looking to buy to buy a plasma (max 50") and my heart is set on the Panny G10 series. From all my research I am not able to find any size other than the 42" G10 in India (getting one from the US makes no sense coz of voltage, custom-duties and warranty issues).

Can anyone please advise if the Panny 50" G10 is going to be available in India in the recent future? Also I am a bit confused about Panasonic's pricing...the 50" V10 retails for abt Rs1,10,000/ and the 50" S10 retails for arnd Rs1,00,000/- ...I am unable to understand a difference of only Rs10K in these models n if this is the case what price range can one expect the 50" G10?

peace.
~kg

why not the Samsung PS50B550 ? It's selling for aroudn 75k...Full HD plasma....

Hello everyone,

I am looking to buy to buy a plasma (max 50") and my heart is set on the Panny G10 series. From all my research I am not able to find any size other than the 42" G10 in India (getting one from the US makes no sense coz of voltage, custom-duties and warranty issues).

Can anyone please advise if the Panny 50" G10 is going to be available in India in the recent future? Also I am a bit confused about Panasonic's pricing...the 50" V10 retails for abt Rs1,10,000/ and the 50" S10 retails for arnd Rs1,00,000/- ...I am unable to understand a difference of only Rs10K in these models n if this is the case what price range can one expect the 50" G10?

peace.
~kg

Hello everyone,

peace.
~kg

Are you quoting US prices converted to Indian Rupees for the V10 and S10?
I think the V10 still costs around 127-129K approximately in India. The S10 is infact ridiculously priced in India. The S10 costs half of the V10 in the US. Infact the S10 seems to be priced as a 50 inch G10 here or probably even more. As for the G10 coming into India Panasonic still has not introduced a size other than the 42 inch G10 in most of ASIA. For most of Asia below is the product portfolio for the S,V,X,G,Z and C series.

65 inch V10
54 inch Z1
50inch V10
42 inch G10
50 inch S10
42 inch S10
50 inch X10
42 inch X10
50 inch C10
42 inch C10

Last edited:
Are you quoting US prices converted to Indian Rupees for the V10 and S10?
No,the prices for the V10 and S10 are the ones that I got from other threads at hifivision and panny ads
In the US these panny's are way cheaper when compared to India...but alas:sad: I cannot buy one from here...voltage, warranty etc issues

Prices in the US
50"V10 - $2099 = Rs99,000 approx
50"G10 - $1599 = Rs75,000 approx
50"S1 - $1399 = Rs66,000 approx (S10 is not available in the US n I guess S1 here is the same as S10 in India)

For most of Asia below is the product portfolio for the S,V,X,G,Z and C series.

65 inch V10
54 inch Z1
50inch V10
42 inch G10
50 inch S10
42 inch S10
50 inch X10
42 inch X10
50 inch C10
42 inch C10
thnx for this info..seems like I'd have to settle with either the 42"G10 or wait :(

peace,
~kg

why not the Samsung PS50B550 ? It's selling for aroudn 75k...Full HD plasma....

Till now, I have not been able to find any detailed reviews for the PS50B550.
Though the Samsung B650 & B860 have had great reviews, I am not sure if I can assume the same for the B550 series.
Best HDTVs (50 - 53 inches) - CNET Reviews

Also I read somewhere that the Samsung PS50B550 had some issues with plasma noise...I am buying this TV for movie viewing & HT purposes ....can some Samsung PS50B550 owner please comment
All said, the Rs75k price is too enticing even though it's a sammy (haven't had a gr8 experience with other sammy products)...I'd really appreciate if someone could guide me to a detailed review of this model or share personal ownership experiences

also looking around for quality comparison between the sammy 550 n panny g10

peace,
~kg

Hello everyone,

peace.
~kg

Hi Kapil,
bought panasonic G10 from Promises, Kolkata yetserday. They are yet to deliver. Total price after diwali discount and offers - Rs 56,400. they have emi scheme from bajaj finance. 24 eMIs 9 EMI down payments rest on 15 month recovery. the mrp is Rs. 79,900

Hi Kapil,
bought panasonic G10 from Promises, Kolkata yetserday. They are yet to deliver. Total price after diwali discount and offers - Rs 56,400. they have emi scheme from bajaj finance. 24 eMIs 9 EMI down payments rest on 15 month recovery. the mrp is Rs. 79,900

I guess your are talking about the 42" G10. Thanks for the price info, but I am trying to find the availability & pricing of the 50" G10 in India.

peace,
~kg

Till now, I have not been able to find any detailed reviews for the PS50B550.
Though the Samsung B650 & B860 have had great reviews, I am not sure if I can assume the same for the B550 series.
Best HDTVs (50 - 53 inches) - CNET Reviews

Also I read somewhere that the Samsung PS50B550 had some issues with plasma noise...I am buying this TV for movie viewing & HT purposes ....can some Samsung PS50B550 owner please comment
All said, the Rs75k price is too enticing even though it's a sammy (haven't had a gr8 experience with other sammy products)...I'd really appreciate if someone could guide me to a detailed review of this model or share personal ownership experiences

also looking around for quality comparison between the sammy 550 n panny g10

peace,
~kg

Here are some reviews for the Samsung B550 Plasma in US..
- http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1133092&page=5
- http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...3#post16491623

The latter is a comparison of the B550 with the 8 series plasma and a rough comparison with the G10 and Pioneer 9G Elite Kuro...

Here's another review on avforum (UK) (of a slightly different model B560) which suggests that it has a peculiar issue showing 50Hz (SD/HD) content (presumably related to motion interpolation algo).
- http://www.avforums.com/reviews/Samsung-PS50B560-Plasma-HDTV-Review.html".
There's some additional discussion on this issue under "Comments" for the review. The author of the review has also uploaded a disc which when played presumably clearly shows the problem. I'd suggest that you take a copy of this and run it on the PSB550 before buying to check if you notice the same problem.

yeah that problem seems to be the main and only issue with the PS50B550, otherwise by all accounts it sounds like a fantastic TV, and I am not sure how much that issue will surface in real world use.

The latter is a comparison of the B550 with the 8 series plasma and a rough comparison with the G10 and Pioneer 9G Elite Kuro...

Here's another review on avforum (UK) (of a slightly different model B560) which suggests that it has a peculiar issue showing 50Hz (SD/HD) content (presumably related to motion interpolation algo).
There's some additional discussion on this issue under "Comments" for the review. The author of the review has also uploaded a disc which when played presumably clearly shows the problem. I'd suggest that you take a copy of this and run it on the PSB550 before buying to check if you notice the same problem.

When u click on the AVS forum link it says page not found.

The problem is with the 100Hz motion plus that causes the issue.
That problem is present in the indian version of 50B550. So playing the disc would help, other way is to play it at 60hz

I am sorry but these two links do not seem to work...as in the page says "Sorry but the page you are looking for cannot be found."
Thanks, Reds4ever I found the comments section in the review at AVForums to be quite enlightening...specially on a couple of things (quoting the reviewer 'David Mackenzie' on comparison of the PS50B560 with a 50" Pio or Panny)
How PS50B560 compares to the picture quality of other displays, ignoring the 50hz issue:
  • Panasonic: SD video scaling and deinterlacing is definitely behind Samsung. Samsung's processing here is excellent. Greyscale tracking on Panasonic's displays is just as good as Samsung's. The Panasonic picture has a little bit more PWM noise, not really visible from most viewing distances, but mildly irritating if you sit up close. No image retention, unlike on the Samsung display which got it quite a lot. Colour accuracy on the Panasonics is behind the Samsung, because they have no Colour mangement system. :licklips:really like the better SD performance & colour accuracy of the sammy
  • Pioneer: the KRP-500A was reviewed by Phil. I've not done an in depth technical examination of one of those myself, but have spent time with one. Going off the data and my experiences with it, it has better black level (not surprising). Pioneer's colour management system is not as comprehensive as Samsung's, so for example, the colour of green was mildly more accurate (essentially unnoticeable, though) on the Samsung display than it was on the Pioneer. However, the Samsung has a panel limitation which means that Blue is just noticeably off-target. Both displays feature absolutely brilliant colour and are very close.
  • Pioneer's gamma tracking will certainly better than Samsung's too. Going from what I've seen of the Pioneer, it's SD video processing will be behind Samsung's. Samsung are using edge-adaptive scaling which I find very satisfying for SD sources. I'm not sure how the deinterlacing on the Pioneer compares to the Samsung, but the Samsung's is absolutely excellent.
  • Other things to consider: with the Pioneer Kuro, the picture was basically reference quality out of the box and it needed almost no adjustment. But, a calibrated Samsung has a hell of a lot going for it in terms of picture quality. I just couldn't live with one because of that 50hz bug. I really hope they fix it.
...in a later comment on AVforums by David Mackenzie...
Sadly, Samsung will not be issuing an update for these TVs. The company believes that the effect noted is a natural occurence of Plasma technology. I disagree, as there are competing Plasma screens which do not show this fault. Furthermore, it's possible to recreate the fault intermittently (it's not visible all the time) with test patterns, and it's also possible to activate the "1080 Full HD Motion Demo" and see that the "Off" side of the screen is unaffected.
...can someone please explain this 50hz bug, tried my best but could not find an explanation for it. Would be really glad if a sammy B550 owner could comment on this :sos:
I have started a new thread on the 50hz video processing issue in sammy plasmas http://www.hifivision.com/television/6534-samsung-b550-plasma-owners-kindly-help.html#post81273

peace,
~kg

adding the download link for the test disc mentioned in David Mackenzie's review
Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire
To use this disc to detect frame interpolation on any TV, play it back and watch the black and white check-boxes inside the moving square. A TV that isn't doing any time-based processing to the image will keep the checkerboard pattern clearn at all times. Affected TVs (or TVs that have a mode turned on, such as Panasonic's "Intelligent Frame Creation") will cause the checkerboard pattern to become scrambled.

peace,
~kg

When u click on the AVS forum link it says page not found.

The problem is with the 100Hz motion plus that causes the issue.
That problem is present in the indian version of 50B550. So playing the disc would help, other way is to play it at 60hz

Sorry guys.. try these.. the reviews are by Chad B..
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=16465584#post16465584
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=16491623

For the 50 HZ issue, the only way to conclusively resolve it is to take the demo disc and play it.. i'm sure if someone could find an B550 to test this, there'll be many interested buyers in this forum (assuming the TV passes the test)..

No,the prices for the V10 and S10 are the ones that I got from other threads at hifivision and panny ads
In the US these panny's are way cheaper when compared to India...but alas:sad: I cannot buy one from here...voltage, warranty etc issues

Prices in the US
50"V10 - $2099 = Rs99,000 approx
50"G10 - $1599 = Rs75,000 approx
50"S1 - $1399 = Rs66,000 approx (S10 is not available in the US n I guess S1 here is the same as S10 in India)

thnx for this info..seems like I'd have to settle with either the 42"G10 or wait :(

peace,
~kg

For the Panasonics this year keep around a 30% difference between current US prices and Indian prices

For eg:

50 inch V10-1995$-99750. =Indian price around 129000
50 inch S1-980-49000=India price around 63700(unjustified)
42 inch G10-900$=Indian price of around 60000
42 indh C10-Indian price of around 41000

Sorry guys.. try these.. the reviews are by Chad B..
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=16465584#post16465584
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=16491623

For the 50 HZ issue, the only way to conclusively resolve it is to take the demo disc and play it.. i'm sure if someone could find an B550 to test this, there'll be many interested buyers in this forum (assuming the TV passes the test)..

Reds even i am myself interested in finding out the same.

I was trying to dig in to find if some member can audition the same somewhere in Delhi.

I believe the Samsung Plaza in GIP and Samsung Plaza in Sec-18 Noida have this TV on display,

Also avoid buying the set from there as the previous person who had shown interested they were trying to sell him the display peice itself.

So only for testing purpose you can head there with the disk and try this out.

http://www.hifivision.com/television/6534-samsung-b550-plasma-owners-kindly-help.html#post81287

Let's see if Kapil and check the same out ...

sorry guys,

have to travel to the US for some urgent work and would be back only in late December, so cannot physically chk out anything frm a dealer but would keep you all posted on anything that I get..

peace,
~kg

I guess your are talking about the 42" G10. Thanks for the price info, but I am trying to find the availability & pricing of the 50" G10 in India.

peace,
~kg

hi Kapil,
as per the Panasonic india site, they have not lauched 50" g10 in india as of yet, but yes they have lauched 50" g10 in other countries. Check with some supplier whether they can import it or not. Let me know what happened

hi Kapil,
as per the Panasonic india site, they have not lauched 50" g10 in india as of yet, but yes they have lauched 50" g10 in other countries. Check with some supplier whether they can import it or not. Let me know what happened

Hi Subhashis,

I checked for the availability of the 50" G10 with atleast 5 dealers and none of them have heard of it, they mostly confuse it with the 50" S10 and try their level best to sell that model....am not too hopeful of finding the 50" G10 for now..may be in a couple of months or will have to go with the sammy PS50B550.

peace,
~kg

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back