Panasonic DMP-60

mmmm so what do you people say, shall I place an order, whats the price of this player in India, is the player worth. I had a 20K budget for a BR player for my HT. What about Sony BDP-S360 its priced at 9481 Rs, No idea about its Indian price. What about warranties and stuff like that, how does that works out here.

PS :: Also what about the RegionCode for these players....

Last edited:
mmmm so what do you people say, shall I place an order, whats the price of this player in India, is the player worth. I had a 20K budget for a BR player for my HT. What about Sony BDP-S360 its priced at 9481 Rs, No idea about its Indian price. What about warranties and stuff like that, how does that works out here.

The 360 is not yet launched in Indian market. There is 350 for 25K, and no HD audio encode/bitstrteam by that player.

And all these are region A locked for Blurays.

cheers.

For upscaling dvds, panasonic bd60 is supposed to have better picture quality than the sony 360. apart from that, not much of a difference.

The 360 is not yet launched in Indian market. There is 350 for 25K, and no HD audio encode/bitstrteam by that player.
And all these are region A locked for Blurays.
cheers.

Region A locked! whats the point of getting these from there then. You will be tied to get the BRs from there as well.??

Region A locked! whats the point of getting these from there then. You will be tied to get the BRs from there as well.??

I've no problems in getting Blurays from the US(lots of sources available), cause if your going to wait for it to release in India........... i guess the last copy to be sold will be bought by you.:lol:

cheers.

I've no problems in getting Blurays from the US(lots of sources available), cause if your going to wait for it to release in India........... i guess the last copy to be sold will be bought by you.:lol:
cheers.

mmmm Not for me then pal, I usually do not thrive for immediate ownership of latest releases, and India is not THAT behind in getting the discs released man, couple of months and that too only for Hollywood flicks.

mmmm Not for me then pal, I usually do not thrive for immediate ownership of latest releases, and India is not THAT behind in getting the discs released man, couple of months and that too only for Hollywood flicks.

If it releases early it's fine, I was just checking out with LandMark ............. they've got some descent collection released from BIG HOME VIDEO, and 95% for them are region free with around 250-500 title's, but they do not have some of the old/rare movies like Schindler's List, City of God, Last King of Scotland, Baraka etc. etc..... to mention a few.

cheers

Hi Aneel,

Congrats for your Purchase.Its an amazing player for that price.

You might already aware of this, It will not play PAL DVDs even after applying MOD chip.
I got myself BD80 and modded it.Still for PAL DVDs(Most of BHV, Excel and all Sony) still need to depend on my old DVD player.

Regards
Satya.

Hi Aneel,

Congrats for your Purchase.Its an amazing player for that price.

You might already aware of this, It will not play PAL DVDs even after applying MOD chip.
I got myself BD80 and modded it.Still for PAL DVDs(Most of BHV, Excel and all Sony) still need to depend on my old DVD player.

Regards
Satya.

Hi,

Thanks for your info, and my usage is purely for Bluray movies, no DVD's.

From where did you get your BD-80, and for what price? Where did you get your mod kit and for what price? Does this mod make your player region free for Blurays also??

thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for your info, and my usage is purely for Bluray movies, no DVD's.

From where did you get your BD-80, and for what price? Where did you get your mod kit and for what price? Does this mod make your player region free for Blurays also??

thanks.
I got from 20north for 16k thats 3 months back. Mod I got from Bluraymods.com. Yes MOD made the player region free for Blu rays and DVDs(Only NTSC). If you are planning to get Mod chip PM me. I have a spare one.

Regards
Satya

I got from 20north for 16k thats 3 months back. Mod I got from Bluraymods.com. Yes MOD made the player region free for Blu rays and DVDs(Only NTSC). If you are planning to get Mod chip PM me. I have a spare one.

Regards
Satya

Hey, thanks dude, and that's cool. Check your PM.

thanks.

Regards
Satya

This is new to to me how does this mod thing work, is it a physical alteration that is done, how does blue ray mod people help in doing this, I know lots of questions but some insight will be appreciated. As I said I will order the player if making it region free is 100% achievable risk free process. kindly guide.

Hello Aneel and Idlebrain!

I am planning to get one myself from 20north now by today or tomorrow.

Cheers!

wait a lil while mate.. prices will go to 6k range!also the disks will cost less... i expect 7k in gray market now or less..
i saw it last time.

my reliable seller is there!

This is new to to me how does this mod thing work, is it a physical alteration that is done, how does blue ray mod people help in doing this, I know lots of questions but some insight will be appreciated. As I said I will order the player if making it region free is 100% achievable risk free process. kindly guide.

We need to open player and install/solder a new chip.Need to solder 6 wires in six different places.
Only professional that also who do soldering on computer chips and cell phone chips can perform. This chip comes with screen shots explaining the process.
After Installing this, player will be region free for both Blu ray and DVDs.If player is from US it plays all regions of NTSC DVDs but not PAL.

ICOS HD Panasonic DMP-BD60/80 USA (NONE PAL) Modkit

Regards
Satya

Hello Aneel and Idlebrain!

I am planning to get one myself from 20north now by today or tomorrow.

Cheers!

Congrats Mate..I am sure you will enjoy both BDs and DVDs with this player.
Since you have ample time to get the player, You can order MODCHIP from
Panasonic DMP-BD80 modification kit
These guys will ship it for 8EUR on ordinary courier which will take 20 days to reach.

Any questions on MODing the player are welcome.

Regards
Satya.

Congrats Mate..I am sure you will enjoy both BDs and DVDs with this player.
Since you have ample time to get the player, You can order MODCHIP from
Panasonic DMP-BD80 modification kit
These guys will ship it for 8EUR on ordinary courier which will take 20 days to reach.
Any questions on MODing the player are welcome.
Regards
Satya.

Is there a difference between this link and the link you provided me in the above post. Also is there no one who does this from India, ofcourse with a price??

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back