Panasonic DMP-60

Is there a difference between this link and the link you provided me in the above post. Also is there no one who does this from India, ofcourse with a price??

Absolutely not. Only the shipping method and cost.
Bluraymods.com : 69EURO + 25Euro for shipping (Will reach in 2 days)
Stegen Electronics : 79 Euro + 8 Euro for shipping (Will reach in 20 Days)

You can request a computer serivce guy or TV repairing guy to solder it for you.

wait a lil while mate.. prices will go to 6k range!also the disks will cost less... i expect 7k in gray market now or less..
i saw it last time.

my reliable seller is there!

Hi,

I am not in a hurry to go for one, but lost my control seeing the "blu-ray sales section", as I want a BDP which can play all regions (NOT OPPO which would lead to bankruptcy) so I am ready to wait.

And one more thing, though little off this thread, which is good BD-60 or 80?

Thanks,

i expect 7k in gray market now or less..
i saw it last time.

my reliable seller is there!

Hi Kaushik,

Where in blore you get bluray player for 7K. what is the model? If its region A then gr8. Can you share the info?

Thanks,
Prakash.

Hi Kaushik,

Where in blore you get bluray player for 7K. what is the model? If its region A then gr8. Can you share the info?

Thanks,
Prakash.
my probable price, will confirm after my visit. Stay away from blueray fever,unless 10k is nothing for you.. when a hot product is launched price remains at a peak for 3-4months..then goes down .
what is the use of BDp now is u have to pay 700-1000Rs per disk.

Absolutely not. Only the shipping method and cost.
Bluraymods.com : 69EURO + 25Euro for shipping (Will reach in 2 days)
Stegen Electronics : 79 Euro + 8 Euro for shipping (Will reach in 20 Days)
You can request a computer serivce guy or TV repairing guy to solder it for you.

Thanks idlebrain for all the information and guidance. Today I did some inquiring about the available BRp in delhi. Seems like delhi (or India for that matter) is far behind. the only model available for panasonic was DBP-30 no 60 for next couple of months and forgot about 80. Now listen to the price for BDP 30...... between 24-30 K from different dealers (authorized)............, thats an absolute retard price that too for a soon going to be an obsolete player. I think I will go for this 20north option and then modding the player. 20 north has quoted the player Panasonic BDP-80 to 12766 including everything so if I order this and then got for stegen way for mod chip the total should be 87Euros+12766=5829+12766=18595 Which still lands much cheaper than getting it here, .....that too for the latest model.

Please guide have I done the calculation correctly and if yes do you advice/recommend me placing the order. I know I sound nervous but this is first time I am ordering something of this magnitude. Hope you understand. Response awaited.

@venkate, did you place the order from 20th North, kindly do let me know your experience of getting the shipment.

Thanks idlebrain for all the information and guidance. Today I did some inquiring about the available BRp in delhi. Seems like delhi (or India for that matter) is far behind. the only model available for panasonic was DBP-30 no 60 for next couple of months and forgot about 80. Now listen to the price for BDP 30...... between 24-30 K from different dealers (authorized)............, thats an absolute retard price that too for a soon going to be an obsolete player. I think I will go for this 20north option and then modding the player. 20 north has quoted the player Panasonic BDP-80 to 12766 including everything so if I order this and then got for stegen way for mod chip the total should be 87Euros+12766=5829+12766=18595 Which still lands much cheaper than getting it here, .....that too for the latest model......

In bangalore, DMP-60 is selling for 24k with a remote hack for region free bluray..

cheers.

In bangalore, DMP-60 is selling for 24k with a remote hack for region free bluray..

cheers.

Thanks idlebrain for all the information and guidance. Today I did some inquiring about the available BRp in delhi. Seems like delhi (or India for that matter) is far behind. the only model available for panasonic was DBP-30 no 60 for next couple of months and forgot about 80. Now listen to the price for BDP 30...... between 24-30 K from different dealers (authorized)............, thats an absolute retard price that too for a soon going to be an obsolete player. I think I will go for this 20north option and then modding the player. 20 north has quoted the player Panasonic BDP-80 to 12766 including everything so if I order this and then got for stegen way for mod chip the total should be 87Euros+12766=5829+12766=18595 Which still lands much cheaper than getting it here, .....that too for the latest model.

Please guide have I done the calculation correctly and if yes do you advice/recommend me placing the order. I know I sound nervous but this is first time I am ordering something of this magnitude. Hope you understand. Response awaited.

@venkate, did you place the order from 20th North, kindly do let me know your experience of getting the shipment.

Hi Aneel & Sam,

Thank you both for your posts.

@sam, I will surely keep you and this thread updated when I make a purchase.

@aneel, even I feel comfortable in getting a remote hack, but not at 24k price.:lol:

Cheers!

Hi Sam,
You calculation is very accurate. BD80 for 12766...Go Grab it. Its gives much more value than what you are paying.
I myself got it from 20north.They delivered me 2 days before their promise date(12 days).Since packing and bundling is done by amazon its very professional and no chance for damage. If you are really worried about region, you can order mod chip simultaneously.

By the way...Don't forget to use HIFIVISION coupon for 5% discount.

@ aneel, Region hack using remote might be for making it region free for DVDs not blurays. If you have universal remote we can do it ourself very easily. For blurays only way is to do the MOD.Please check it once.

Thanks
Satya.

Hi Sam,
You calculation is very accurate. BD80 for 12766...Go Grab it. Its gives much more value than what you are paying.
I myself got it from 20north.They delivered me 2 days before their promise date(12 days).Since packing and bundling is done by amazon its very professional and no chance for damage. If you are really worried about region, you can order mod chip simultaneously.
By the way...Don't forget to use HIFIVISION coupon for 5% discount.a.

Thanks idlebrain, I will be confirming the order in a day or two. And yes I am worried about the region, I do not want a locked player, that too region A locked, so I am Just finding a reliable person who can do the soldering part. Will order the MOD simultaneously. Has anyone actually ordered that MOD chip and did the soldering part here. This would give me more confidence. and support as well if needed.

Has anyone actually ordered that MOD chip and did the soldering part here. This would give me more confidence. and support as well if needed.

Yes...I ordered from the site I referred to you and did the soldering part here.

Thanks idlebrain, I will be confirming the order in a day or two. And yes I am worried about the region, I do not want a locked player, that too region A locked, so I am Just finding a reliable person who can do the soldering part. Will order the MOD simultaneously. Has anyone actually ordered that MOD chip and did the soldering part here. This would give me more confidence. and support as well if needed.

Hey, I'm going to solder my MOD by myself, it's time to utilize atleast something what I learnt in my college as an Electronic's student:lol:.

Will let you know the result once done.

cheers.

can any chappie reasonaby adept with a soldering gun perform the operation with ease? or is there some level of delicate skill involved?

Hi,

Soldering is not that hard, though you need some practise. If you are doing it for the first time, you will surely find it difficult. I've even burnt my fingers initially in my labs when newly introduced to soldering. But later picked up the skill.

cheers.

Yes...I ordered from the site I referred to you and did the soldering part here.

wow look who I was talking to :), did you do it for the same model BD 60??. Can you guide me on phone if needed.

I also second with psychotrophic, if all it requires is a person who is familiar with a soldering gun and done the soldering before I fit the position pretty well, have been doing EFY project since I was a kid, but if it involves some seriously delicate skills and electronics knowledge as well then I'd prefer a professional.

wow look who I was talking to :), did you do it for the same model BD 60??. Can you guide me on phone if needed.

I also second with psychotrophic, if all it requires is a person who is familiar with a soldering gun and done the soldering before I fit the position pretty well, have been doing EFY project since I was a kid, but if it involves some seriously delicate skills and electronics knowledge as well then I'd prefer a professional.

I did it for BD80. For both BD60/80 involves the same process and same places to solder. It involves soldering at 6 points. Two points are placed in very narrow place and tightly coupled with capacitors hence I worried and took the help of professional.
I have uploaded the document which shows the soldeing points in my rapidshare accnt.
I hope it is allowed to refer rapidshare links.
RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

Regards
Satya

Hi,

If you are ordering the chip, can you make it 2? That way we can share the shipping cost, what you say?

Cheers!

Venkat

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back