Panasonic DMP-60

Status for my order updated to "Shipped from US merchant" :) I see an order number but not a Tracking Number.....are they same??

Thats not Tracking number. After a day or two, just contact customer care via their live chat.Will give you the Tracking number.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

My player just arrived. 14th day On the dot. No extra charge's. Perfect packing. Will post detailed reviews tomorrow morning.

cheers.

My player just arrived. 14th day On the dot. No extra charge's. Perfect packing. Will post detailed reviews tomorrow morning.

cheers.

Aneel....Congrats:clapping:.

am sorry mate..I was supposed to send you the chip:(..

Will sure courier you tomorrow.

cheers.

Congratts man.....I cant wait I cant wait.....Post pics man post pics......review will follow.

Hi Fellow Members,

So, here's a small review of the player.

This is how it came from 20north.
dsc00051dg.jpg

dsc00052nz.jpg

Some unpacking images,
dsc00053r.jpg

dsc00054bz.jpg

dsc00055hs.jpg

dsc00059ks.jpg

And the player had got the following Power Rating's, 120V 22W 60Hz
So I used a 220v-120v, 50W 60Hz adapter. Got it for Rs.125/- (actual MPR is 260.). Some images of the same,
dsc00060z.jpg

dsc00061b.jpg

Any critics/comments on the adapter used????

Then finally I set it up like, BDp(HDMI)->AVR(HDMI)->HDTV.

The first movie I tried was KingKong (region free) DTS-HD-MA. The PQ/SQ was absolutely mind blowing. 100% distinguishable from 1080p rips.

dsc00062gz.jpg

dsc00064fl.jpg

dsc00065p.jpg

HD audio indication in AVR
dsc00063gd.jpg

Then I tested Madagascar (region free), DD-TrueHD.

dsc00066gx.jpg

dsc00067ss.jpg

DVD upscale was good, unfortunately no pics, cause that is the only DVD(specially give to us) i've got and it's short movie done for DreamWorks, and will be released by this year end.

The USB port was useless for me. It reads only Pendrive's I guess, no EHDD.
And the SD card slot can be used to view images.

The players GUI is also a little dry, not so graphically appealing. But easy to setup, with some neat on-screen guidelines.

The remote is easy to understand. No backlight.

Overall this player is a good VFM.

cheers.

P.S:- Sorry for such Hi-res images, MOD's is it possible to reduce the size. I had no paitents to do it. And members, do not judge the PQ with my images, they are bad. You need to experience it.

Aneel, small suggestion,, do not use that adapter what you are using, it is an pukka local make which is mailnly intended for telephones or other small appliances which is not an reliable one. :)

Kindly use some branded one which will cost you around 1K.. Or if you dont want to ..kindly test the output voltage while in use and if it gives required output consider continuing it....:)

Last edited:
great review aneel, glad to know you're happy with your player. Enjoy and post more observations as and when you have them. What's your TV btw?

Aneel, small suggestion,, do not use that adapter what you are using, it is an pukka local make which is mailnly intended for telephones or other small appliances which is not an reliable one. :)

Kindly use some branded one which will cost you around 1K.. Or if you dont want to ..kindly test the output voltage while in use and if it gives required output consider continuing it....:)

Hi,

Thanks for the info, will surely get a better one.

thanks.

Hi,

Congrats Aneel on your purchase. I have ordered mine as well, expecting within 2 weeks.

As Srini suggested, the adaptor is meant for smaller devices, though you may see "100w to 1600w" compatible, blah blah. Pls go for some branded one like maxine.

Cheers!

Hi,

Congrats Aneel on your purchase. I have ordered mine as well, expecting within 2 weeks.

As Srini suggested, the adaptor is meant for smaller devices, though you may see "100w to 1600w" compatible, blah blah. Pls go for some branded one like maxine.

Cheers!

a bluray player is a small device:) my jvc is rated at 18w. the adaptor he's using is from MX, a company with a decent reputation and is rated for 50w (or is it 30, cant see clearly in the image). should be fine.

Hi,

Of course, blu-ray is a small device, but what I meant to say was that they are of class "solid state convertors" and they are not meant for long-term use. Doing so will harm your AV equipments. They are suitable for hair dryers, shavers, coffee makers, etc.

Cheers!

P.S:- Sorry for such Hi-res images, MOD's is it possible to reduce the size. I had no paitents to do it. And members, do not judge the PQ with my images, they are bad. You need to experience it.

use tinypic.com as the image hosting site and while uploading choose the size as 640x480. Perfect for forums. And better image hosting site than imageshack, atleast by my experience....

Seeing the pics I simply cant wait to get my player.... :)

My Shipment status changed to "In International Transit To India".... :)

My Shipment status changed to "In International Transit To India".... :)

:clapping:
you can now call up the CC, the will let you know when it will reach you. Will also get the tracking no. of the concerned courier. Must reach within a day or 2.

ENJOY!!!!.

:clapping:
you can now call up the CC, the will let you know when it will reach you. Will also get the tracking no. of the concerned courier. Must reach within a day or 2.
ENJOY!!!!.

Ok thanks got the tracking number...... went to DHL site and the current status shows as "Departed Facility in London-Heathrow - UK" any idea how much more time from here??

Ok thanks got the tracking number...... went to DHL site and the current status shows as "Departed Facility in London-Heathrow - UK" any idea how much more time from here??

Hi,

My piece came the 3rd day after my status changed to "In International Transit To India". Not sure about your part. You can check with DHL CC, may be they can help you out.

cheers.

You should get it by day after tomorrow. Thats how I got my WD TV Live.

Friday, December 18, 2009 Time Location Delivered - Signed for by : SATYANARAYAN13:04 Hyderabad - India
With delivery courier09:34 Hyderabad - India

Arrived at Delivery Facility in Hyderabad - India08:41 Hyderabad - India

Thursday, December 17, 2009 Departed Facility in Delhi (New Delhi) - India18:40 Delhi (New Delhi) - India

Processed at Delhi (New Delhi) - India18:03 Delhi (New Delhi) - India

Clearance processing complete at Delhi (New Delhi) - India04:15 Delhi (New Delhi) - India
Arrived at Sort Facility Delhi (New Delhi) - India04:15 Delhi (New Delhi) - India

Wednesday, December 16, 2009 Departed Facility in London-Heathrow - UK09:51 London-Heathrow - UK

Processed at London-Heathrow - UK01:13 London-Heathrow - UK

Arrived at Sort Facility London-Heathrow - UK00:04 London-Heathrow - UK

Back